Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Monsterpocalypse (Heading to your way this fall)

Hope my car gets fixed by this Thursday...

DWARVES!
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I love this game.

Though I'm trying to put together a Cthulhu army, and of all the unit boosters I've gotten so far, I've found one Cthulhu unit. ONE.

Ah, well.... My Terrorsaur and Shadow Syndicate units armies are getting pretty strong...
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:25 AM

saintBYgrace has disabled reputation

I picked up 1 case of monster boosters and 3 cases of unit boosters (plus a few single unit boosters) and am happy to say that I have few extras and almost 5 of everything. VERY happy with how the monster booster case came as I did not get on of the same monster (on a side note my case was sealed and was missing one monster pack which the store made right).

I also want to share that Thought Hammer dropped the ball BIG time with me as I pre-ordered this with them BUT the did not tell me that they were unable to fill my pre-order stating they ran out (once again, not mad they ran out BUT not letting me know and finding out the hard way was less then kind of them). I have ordered from Thought Hammer before and loved their service, from now on I will order from them when they list the item in stock (no more pre-orders from me). Sorry, but burn me once and I will take my business elsewhere and more so when I am told someone was suppose to e-mail me : (

As for the game? It is GREAT!!! Can not say enough about it...fun to play, easy to learn, and you will really get into it after a few games (and if you lose you will walk away thinking about what you could have done and what you will do next time).

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in your ways and He will direct your paths."
Old November 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Tiak has disabled reputation

I just Picked up a Starter set and some Boosters of Monsterpocolypse. So far i love this game. The figures are very high quality and the game is fun, fast paced and easy to learn. the one and ONLY down side is that the square bases are way to big ti use for heroscape conversions. And the scale would also be an issue.
but, that aside, I give it a big thumbs up!

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."
Old November 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm curious. Has anyone who bought the game taken any pictures of MonPoc figs next to Scape figs?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:23 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I'm curious. Has anyone who bought the game taken any pictures of MonPoc figs next to Scape figs?
They won't work. The actual monsters are awkward sized. I just measured, and an average sized monster comes up to Jotun's armpit. Not to mention they're too fat to fit on HS bases.

The units are way too small. The tanks are less than half an inch tall. Some non-human units, like the dinos, are taller, but they don't match up to any figures in HS.
Old November 15th, 2008, 02:19 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Here is a very cool Monsterpocalypse army generator:

http://monsterpocalypse.tcgplayer.co...lder/army.aspx

BTW I won my first promo monster last friday at a tourney... Mega defender X! By trading megas, I now have all of the promos that have been release to date!! I'm really loving this game! The rules are awesome and the miniatures are very high quality! Run out of your house and BUY IT IMMEDIATELY! LoL

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:03 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
They won't work. The actual monsters are awkward sized. I just measured, and an average sized monster comes up to Jotun's armpit. Not to mention they're too fat to fit on HS bases.

The units are way too small. The tanks are less than half an inch tall. Some non-human units, like the dinos, are taller, but they don't match up to any figures in HS.
That's not what I meant. I didn't mean taking the pics of them next to Scape figs in an actual game. I meant just taking the pics of them on a table or something.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
Here is a very cool Monsterpocalypse army generator:

http://monsterpocalypse.tcgplayer.co...lder/army.aspx

BTW I won my first promo monster last friday at a tourney... Mega defender X! By trading megas, I now have all of the promos that have been release to date!! I'm really loving this game! The rules are awesome and the miniatures are very high quality! Run out of your house and BUY IT IMMEDIATELY! LoL
I'm getting closer and closer to making myself check this game out and buy the Starter Kit and this post isn't helping. The one thing keeping me in check is that fact that I only get to Scape about once a month (if that), so when the heck would I get to to play this?

An answer to this question may put me over the top. Is the game soooo good/fun that I should buy now and put it away so when my son is old enough for a game like this we can play? That's not to say it still won't be on the shelf, but I imagine early units will be hard to come by at that point.

-insert signature here-
Old November 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

That's not what I meant. I didn't mean taking the pics of them next to Scape figs in an actual game. I meant just taking the pics of them on a table or something.
What exactly do you want? You just want to see how big they are? That's what I just told you.

I guess I don't understand.
Old November 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

I saw this at Toy Fair- Yes, immediately one can see they won't compare to scape. The Bases are square, the units are the size of A&A minis, and the monsters are HUGE... like the size of Zetacron as I recall.

Privateer Press has an awesome reputation, I hope they do well with their first prepainted blind booster purchase game.
Old November 15th, 2008, 04:11 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Monsterpocalypse

Wow.. this looks fun. Too bad I've reached my lifetime limit of purcahsed on collectable games allready.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures