Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:52 AM

Ratawonski Woo who?
need help with point value

WOLVERINE
Mutant
Unique Hero
Samurai
Relentless
Medium (4)

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 2

ADAMANTIUM = immune to "chomp"; add 2 shields to all defense rolls; add 2 skulls to all attack rolls

Healing Factor = each round, one wound marker may be removed; if Wolverine has movement marker and doesn't move and/or attack, then you can remove an additional wound marker for each non-action (maximum of 3/round-move-attack)

Berserker Fury = range 1, attack 5, all skulls rolled are doubled; must have at least one wound marker to use this special attack, and it affects all adjacent figures (one attack roll, individual defense rolls)
(still get the "2 skull bonus", but they aren't doubled)

first of all, any input would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first attempt at creating a custom character.

secondly, what should he be worth?
(i was thinking 150-200)
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Re: need help with point value

150-200 points? No.

As he is written right now, he is nearly as powerful as the Hulk. If this character survives three rounds in which he is wounded, but not defeated (which he likely will), consider that 3 additional life points (, which is at least equal to the Hulk's.

Apparently Adamantium is ALWAYS on, so he essentially has 4 defense, and 6 attack. That is only 2 defense shy of Hulk, and will probably be made up for by the healing ability.

Wolverine's Beserker Rage is almost always on, and gives him the equivalent of 10 attack against all adjacent characters (better than Hulk's ability). Wolverine will leap back and forth between 6 and 10 attack, which will give him an average attack similar to Hulk's and way better than Abomination's.

He has better movement than Hulk and Abomination, but doesn't have their leap ability.

So, take Hulk's 370 point, and let's reduce it down to 75 percent (that's assuming that the leaping ability is worth 25 perent of Hulks value). That still leaves you around 275. Even if you did 75 percent of abomination's 320, you'd have 240.

Without any comparison, just cosider this....characters with 200-300 point values only have an average of 6 defense and 5-8 life. 6 defense translates to an average of 2 shileds. 10 attack translates to an average of 5 skulls. That is an average of 3 wounds per attack. With Beserker rage, Wolv could get close to 2 or more 300 point guys and take them out in 2-3 turns. Those guys would be hard pressed to kill him with his healing abilities. So, let's say he can take out a 200 point character and a 300 point character before getting killed. That makes him worth 500 points.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

This should probably go here: Comic Hero Custom Creations
Old September 3rd, 2008, 04:41 PM

Ratawonski Woo who?

after posting, i saw some immediate holes.
i am instituting the following changes:
"ADAMANTIUM" gives no defense bonus
(just 2 automatic skulls & "chomp"-proof)
consequently, defense = 3
"Berserker Fury" will now be range = 1, attack = 4, all skulls rolled still double, but he has to have at least 3 wound markers to use it

i designed this character as a squad-busting hero, but using melee rather than range, and think that he balances a bit by being left wide-open to be slaughtered by characters in the 150-200 range that have range and/or higher movement, such as:

Major Q9 (180 points)
Nilfheim (185 points)

i think that either of these characters could defeat him handily, and any range-squad working in conjuntion with a melee-squad (to engage him/hold him in place) could easily dispatch him, and that combo would most likely cost 120-140 (example = blastatrons & gladiatrons)
blastatrons take turns dealing damage, getting major attack-boosts from the adjacent gladiatrons that hold him in place, for a grand total of 140 points. and now his only hope is to suffer 3 wounds at the right time so that he can escape the gladiatrons with "Berserker Fury".
he is definitly going to be a big factor, but no more so than the two above 180-pointers, who left unchallenged can eat your entire team with range & multi-attacks at will...

also, he is in no shape/form/fashion designed to be used with Marvel Heroscape figures, but rather as a squad-buster hero for general Heroscape play
Old September 3rd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I saw a hole in your SHIFT key.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Off the top of my head, I’d up his Life to 6. I’d nix the attack bonus from Adamantium and maybe give him Double Attack. Change the wording from “immune to stomp” to: “Wolverine’s size is considered “Large” when being targeted by any special attack.” This will cover other things besides Chomp (including any future powers that are released). Being able to heal half (or more) of his life in a turn just seems a little much. I’d max it at 2. Also, I’m not sure I’d call him a samurai but, then I don’t really know what you’d classify him as…anyway, nice job.

You may wanna look in the Marvel section (See Cav’s post, above) for more ideas. I’m sure there are more than a few “wolverines” that have been made…

I'd say he's at least 200... but he should be a higher value character. He's certainly in a higher class than Speider-man(which is the 150-200 range you mention).

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

One question: Why is he a samurai?
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM

Ratawonski Woo who?

Because Wolverine has been, among other things, a samurai...
And once a samurai, ALWAYS a samurai, right?
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:03 PM

Ratawonski Woo who?

alright, so here's the new modded figure:

WOLVERINE
Mutant
Unique Hero
Samurai
Relentless
Medium (4)

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Wolverine’s size is considered “Large” when being targeted by any special attack.

"Adamantium Claws" = when using his normal attack, up to two skulls rolled count as unblockable damage. If three skulls are rolled, the third skull still counts as damaged, but can be blocked.

"Berserker Fury" = range/1, attack/4, all skulls rolled double.
Berserker Fury affects all adjacent figures, which roll defense individually.
Wolverine must have at least 3 wound markers & cannot move on this turn in order to use this special attack.

"Mutant Healing Factor" = at the beginning of a round, if the "X" marker is placed on Wolverine, he may remove one wound marker. In addition, each turn that Wolverine is not used, he may remove one extra wound marker, for a total maximum of 3 per round.

The "Adamantium Claws" was partially inspired by some other special attacks that I found-and-lost, one that involved a 20-sided die (the results of which caused varying degrees of damage) and the other that hinged on rolling all skulls (at which point they were all unblockable). If anyone knows what these attacks are called, I'd love to know for future reference...

Also, for those of you who have commented on his "Samurai" status, it is because in the comic books Wolverine has been, among other things, a Samurai, and it seemed to fit better than most other choices.
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:04 PM

Ratawonski Woo who?

alright, so here's the new modded figure:

WOLVERINE
Mutant
Unique Hero
Samurai
Relentless
Medium (4)

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Wolverine’s size is considered “Large” when being targeted by any special attack.

"Adamantium Claws" = when using his normal attack, up to two skulls rolled count as unblockable damage. If three skulls are rolled, the third skull still counts as damaged, but can be blocked.

"Berserker Fury" = range/1, attack/4, all skulls rolled double.
Berserker Fury affects all adjacent figures, which roll defense individually.
Wolverine must have at least 3 wound markers & cannot move on this turn in order to use this special attack.

"Mutant Healing Factor" = at the beginning of a round, if the "X" marker is placed on Wolverine, he may remove one wound marker. In addition, each turn that Wolverine is not used, he may remove one extra wound marker, for a total maximum of 3 per round.

The "Adamantium Claws" was partially inspired by some other special attacks that I found-and-lost, one that involved a 20-sided die (the results of which caused varying degrees of damage) and the other that hinged on rolling all skulls (at which point they were all unblockable). If anyone knows what these attacks are called, I'd love to know for future reference...

Also, for those of you who have commented on his "Samurai" status, it is because in the comic books Wolverine has been, among other things, a Samurai, and it seemed to fit better than most other choices.
Old September 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's better. You might want to consider changing his relentless personality to "Wild" but relentless works.

The Deathstalkers have 3 attack dice and if all three are skulls, they're unbockable (ability is called "Maul"). I like the variation you've used on Wolvie. I did a similar one witha figure called Alexander Drake (see my customs). I just gave him Maul but lowered his attack dice to two.

I think the 20-sided ability you're referring to is Sujoah's "Lethal Sting," the specifics of which I don't remember (and don't care to look up at the moment). Something like, if it damages you, you roll the 20-sider resulting in extra damage up to and including destruction (on a 20 roll).

Oh, just remembered, make sure he has the super-strength symbol. Although he doesn't have super-strength per se, his skeleton would protect him from most falling damage.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; September 8th, 2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Cuz I remembered sumthin'
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:09 AM

Ratawonski Woo who?

Okay, so this is my final version:

WOLVERINE
Mutant
Unique Hero
Samurai
Relentless
Medium (4)

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

"Berserker Fury" = range/1, attack/4, all skulls rolled count as unblockable damage.
Berserker Fury affects all adjacent figures; roll once for attack, and figures roll individually for defense.
Wolverine must have at least 4 wound markers & cannot move on this turn in order to use this special attack.

"Mutant Healing Factor" = at the beginning of a round, if the "X" marker is placed on Wolverine, he may remove one wound marker.

Since I don't have the resources to effectively game-test for an accurate point value (I'm still thinking 150-180, with the lessened attacks & healing factor), I would appreciate anyone's help in this effort...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards