Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 31st, 2014, 05:06 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: SWSG1's comic customs- 10/22 Mask of the Phantasm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Hmm, guess no one is a BTAS fan.
So not true. Nice Phantasm mod!

Quote:
Anyway, another 'sort-of-halloween-themed-if-you-squint' update: The Shadow!

Mostly I just made this because my Grandpa really likes the Shadow and he's in the hospital at the moment.

Made from: Reaper Bones 'I can't believe it's not the Shadow!' guy (His name is Black Mist I think), and Fix-It Sculpt. Mostly I re-sculpted his suit, extended his scarf, and added a bit to his nose.
That's an awesome gesture for your granddad, I hope he gets well soon. I've eyeballed that mini myself, wanting to use it for the Shadow, but I've never pulled the trigger on buying one.
Old October 31st, 2014, 05:06 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: SWSG1's comic customs- 10/31 The Shadow Knows!

That's such a great sculpt. And I like the mods you did to it! Bravo! Hope your grandfather gets better soon.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:20 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: SWSG1's comic customs- 10/31 The Shadow Knows!

Thanks guys

Unfortunately, my Grandfather passed away soon after I finished my Shadow mod, so I never got the chance to show it to him.

I've finished the Shadow's card, so I'm dedicating this one to my Grandpa. Here's to you Papa.

But now the Shadow and Phantasm (that would make a sweet crossover actually) need some Criminal Scum to shoot/stab to death, so I've also finished my Kingpin mod and card (though now I need some flunkies for him too...)

Made from: One of the regular Kingpin figures. He was like waaay to short, so he has new legs to give him some presence. The legs are taken from a dude named Charlie-27 or some such, with new pants sculpted over top. Other than that, I replaced his cane with a longer one and added some smoke for his cigar. Paint scheme is based on his appearance in the 90s Spidey cartoon.

Also have a card for him.

Speed Demon's card has also been updated with a personality now.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; November 23rd, 2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:07 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: SWSG1's comic customs- 10/31 The Shadow vs. Kingpin!

Excellent mods aside, I have a question about Kingpin's paint-job. Does he have some sort of neck-hair, or just a shadow?

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Excellent mods aside, I have a question about Kingpin's paint-job. Does he have some sort of neck-hair, or just a shadow?
It's the shadow from his neck fat roll, he's a pudgy fellow.

My Etsy Store
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

That Kingpin and his card art are fantastic!
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I love how Kingpin's first power can be used either to enable synergy in your own army, or to break synergy of your opponent's army. So cool.

I also like how there's the possiblity for Dysole crazy people to try to juggle thieves, criminals, and assassins in the same build for the big bonus, while I powergamers would probably just load up on one of the three for easier management.
Old November 18th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

This Kingpin should be the basis for Kingpin 2.0, IMO. Too cool.
Old November 19th, 2014, 12:11 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
That Kingpin and his card art are fantastic!
Thanks! I'm really happy with how the card art turned out, glad it's readable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I love how Kingpin's first power can be used either to enable synergy in your own army, or to break synergy of your opponent's army. So cool.

I also like how there's the possiblity for Dysole crazy people to try to juggle thieves, criminals, and assassins in the same build for the big bonus, while I powergamers would probably just load up on one of the three for easier management.
Glad you like him! I intentionally tried to make him a figure that rewarded you for being a diabolic mastermind, and not just an OM sink that let you pretend you were one. I just see him rubbing his hands together saying 'and now everything falls into place' when you manage to trigger his super-boost without screwing yourself up.

Most of the time I'd probably just go with one of the three classes too, but since you only need one card of each type, I think it's pretty doable to make an army of mostly one class while sprinkling in some filler from the other two to give you the option. A bunch of Criminals of some sort, plus Merlyn and Gentleman Ghost would work I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
This Kingpin should be the basis for Kingpin 2.0, IMO. Too cool.
It is different enough where it wouldn't out and out obsolete C3G KP I suppose, and there are two Kingpin figures (though both are terrible, hence the mod). Would probably need the stats tweaked to match the C3G one though.

By the by, if anyone ever wants to steal my ideas for a public design (or a non-public one, or just for your own use here, or whatever) please feel free, no need to credit me or anything. Anytime I can help inspire someone else's creativity is good enough for me.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Shadow's card? That's one I'd like to get as perfect as possible for obvious reasons.

My Etsy Store
Old November 19th, 2014, 12:22 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
It's the shadow from his neck fat roll, he's a pudgy fellow.
That's what I figured, but it could be a 2010's take on the character, where he deals in torrented MLP videos instead of drugs

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old November 19th, 2014, 12:36 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Wow, I just realized I forgot to flip KP's image in the glass on his card. I'm a total idiot. If this was America's next top Heroscape card maker, my ass would so be off the show tonight. Fixed now.

EDIT- Double wow, had a really obvious typo in the Shadow's card. Fixed that too, also decided to change his company logo bit, DC was technically sort of accurate, but Street and Smith is better, even if they don't actually have a proper logo.

My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; November 19th, 2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old November 19th, 2014, 01:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sorry about your grandfather, man.

Love the reflection effect on that Kingpin card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations