Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Let's Build Heroscapers 3.0 Together

Ah, that explains the 107 bumped threads in my User CP today.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 2nd, 2014, 04:29 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
The most immediate effect you will see is that because of the switch all recent threads are basically considered unread. Because the system didn't track what you have/have-not read before, it's assuming you didn't read anything. However, from now on (unless we turn this system back off) the server will now track which threads have unread posts for each individual user and won't auto-mark everything as read when you log off or go idle on the site for a while.
Ok, I was a bit worried that it was going to keep showing all. I much prefer this idea then because I do seem to miss some posts between checking at home & work .
Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:55 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd love a superhero background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Or better yet, a C3G and C3V background.
Yeah the idea I mentioned is that everywhere would have the same theme, but shows the superhero styling when in that area, C3V styling when there, maps styling when there, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
What's involved in creating a new theme for a website like this?
There are new themes and there are new themes. I can take the default vBulletin theme, change a few colors and add a banner graphic and call it a new theme. But doing that we're still stuck with vBulletin's dated and peculiar opinion on how the interface should work. I'm thinking we would benefit from something more custom in a few ways and that gets harder.

If, and only if, you know how to use your browser's privacy mode, go into the privacy mode and then goto test.heroscapers.com to see a snapshot of Heroscapers using the default vBulletin v4 styling. It is nicer than the default v3 styling, which I don't have available to show you easily. (Do not go to that website outside of privacy mode or it can confuse you regular Heroscapers logins). You can also play around with some features there. I also installed, but haven't configured some integrated wiki software there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars1912 View Post
Maybe if their was some way for the "Similar Threads" section on the bottom of the page to only show recently updated/important threads? It always seems to show non important treads from 6 years ago. It could also be scrapped.
I think the last time this came up most people said they like having Similar Threads. I'm not sure if I've ever used the feature myself (i.e., visited a suggested link), but I think others do regularly. (Do you guys?)

I'd like to repurpose the feature such that anytime you start to create a new thread and type in the title of the would-be thread, it would automatically show you the list of similar threads (which just does similar title matching anyway) right between the title area and where you would type the message to start the thread. The idea is that the system is basically doing a automatic search for you to see if what you want to talk about has already been discussed. If so, you can reply to an existing thread if it matches up well enough. (I think Cavalier would approve. ) If nothing matches up well enough, you just go ahead and create the new thread as normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I haven't read through all here but I definitely like the database idea (as you should already know Xorlof ).
Indeed. We're getting there.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I have, on occasion, visited the similar threads links before. But as Mars says, they are usually very outdated and many times not very relevant.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like the similar threads as they are. Particularly in the "Events" subforum, it helps me find older events from the same location quickly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like the similar threads as they are. Particularly in the "Events" subforum, it helps me find older events from the same location quickly.
I also like similar threads as they are.

I like the idea of using the similar threads panel to show similarly named threads when you start a new thread.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 3rd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Minor thing relating to the new notification system: I wish that when I look at a thread, it clears out my notifications that I've been quoted in it. As is, I have to drill through my notification system and open up a new link to clear out the little numbers in bold.

Just a little thing, but no harm in mentioning it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Minor thing relating to the new notification system: I wish that when I look at a thread, it clears out my notifications that I've been quoted in it. As is, I have to drill through my notification system and open up a new link to clear out the little numbers in bold.

Seconded, even though it is a little thing.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Seconded. My suggestion for the clear notifications button is a simple fix for it, but ideally they would clear automatically as they get viewed in a thread. The latter might be harder, though.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:41 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ditto.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old November 4th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A more comprehensive way to filter / search the Maps section. There was a website that some people may remember being hosted by some guys from another country (Czech Republic maybe?) that was awesome, but since has stopped being hosted. It gave you a way to search for 2, 3, 4 player maps. Hit checkboxes for which expansion sets you wanted included in your search etc. It was a faceted search that worked off tags applied to maps.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online