Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 19th, 2019, 11:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Madripoor Mercenaries - Design Phase

You don't have to bend over backwards trying to chain Viper with her Merc/Assassin right hand man/woman and the merc squad. The Yakuza don't chain together and I still draft them all at once. It gives you options, I reveal the OM on Silver Samurai and I can bond with Viper or a Yakuza, which ever one seems like the best move at the time. Then after the Silver Samurai goes down, when I reveal OM's on Viper I can still bond her with any Yakuza that are still in play.
Old March 19th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea, I'd probably just simplify it to the second half.of the power.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, I've actually thought about it more, and I'd like to make something of a change of direction here. I don't like how close this is to becoming a generic bonding power - that's never what I've wanted from these guys, I want to try to achieve something more interesting and unique than that. How about something like this:

PRIVATE MILITARY CONTRACT

After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Terrorist, Mastermind or Mercenary Hero you control, you may do either or both of the following:
  • Instead of moving with that Unique Hero, move any 3 Madripoor Mercenaries you control;
  • Instead of attacking with that Unique Hero, attack with any 3 Madripoor Mercenaries you control.

This does several things:

1) They're never acting as a straight boost to your efficiency, instead giving you a massive amount of flexibility - you can, effectively, off one Order Marker, take a full turn with the Hero, take a full turn with the Mercenaries (during which the Mercs who moved don't need to be the same ones who attack), move the Hero and attack with the Mercs or move the Mercs and attack with the hero.
2) Limits their effectiveness stacking with Bodyguards and Hired Guns, since their 'bonding' takes up the same phases, but doesn't completely eliminate combos (i.e. you could, if you wanted, move 3 Bodyguards and attack with three Mercs) - such creativity and flexibility feels fitting for Masterminds, but isn't ever a straight boost to efficiency. They're also not going to take away from the roles of either the Bodyguards or Hired Guns, since they lack the firepower of Hired Guns and will be frailer and more expensive than Bodyguards. At the same time, their flexibility, extra synergistic classes and Common status keeps them relevant.
3) The only time it's even slightly exploitable is when you're doing something off that OM not dependent on moving or attacking (i.e. you can heal Deadpool, use the Cosmic Cube or bond with Viper while activating the Mercs). This is intended design rather than a glitch (particularly the last one) and shouldn't be too much as, again, you're never gaining anything but flexibility.
4) It's completely unique.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 19th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I like that - very clean. Definitely need to keep an eye on balance but it feels Merc-y to me.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:44 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

That direction seems good for flexibility. I'm still concerned with the inclusion of Masterminds full-fledged and would like CRB input on the strength of Masterminds vs. Terrorists vs. Mercenaries.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
That direction seems good for flexibility. I'm still concerned with the inclusion of Masterminds full-fledged and would like CRB input on the strength of Masterminds vs. Terrorists vs. Mercenaries.
I'll certainly bring the CRB in on this (we always do), but I'm not seeing the issue - some extra flexibility at the most. If you want to attack with these guys that's instead of Hired Guns and if you want to move with them that's instead of Bodyguards.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Just some wording quibbles from me. I otherwise like it. I'd use the "...any or all...." language instead of the "...either or both..." language.
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Just some wording quibbles from me. I otherwise like it. I'd use the "...any or all...." language instead of the "...either or both..." language.
You can't have 'all' of two. Both is correct in this situation.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Yes you can. All is a whole not a part.
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True, but 'either or both' is more correct when specific to two, and there are only two options here.
Not a hill I'm dying on, but I still think either or both is more correct here.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:32 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True, but 'either or both' is more correct when specific to two, and there are only two options here.
Not a hill I'm dying on, but I still think either or both is more correct here.
I mostly like it cause it saves space and it rolls off the tongue a little better, but I don't think we are really hurting for space here. I think it is pretty clear here either way.
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are these supposed to be common heroes or a common squad? Because right now it's confusing if I move 3 squads or 3 figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library