Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 1st, 2013, 08:23 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Obsidian - Design Phase

Pre-Yea at 280 with the change.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sweet. SP updated with the change to Shadowlands Passage and cost to 280 (which I forgot to do yesterday).

Pre-yeas from Hahma, A3n, and Scapey so far, with johnny, LP, quozl, and SirG needed to pass.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Pre-Yea

I'm assuming 280 is a good place for him thematically? Seems a little high but I honestly have no idea who this is.
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:10 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was originally projecting him at 300 and I think he could still go down to 270 in army tests. He's the son of Green Lantern Alan Scott (well, pre-new 52 he was, anyway) and the brother of Jade, and he guards the JSA compound. He's got a lot of power on his hands - he's kind of like Cloak (from Cloak and Dagger) on steroids.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:46 AM

I propose we move to Playtesting! Down to SirG and LP here.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Obsidian - VOTE for Playtesting

Yea
Old February 3rd, 2013, 11:41 AM

Down to SirG or about 14 hours.

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM

This passes to Playtesting. Thanks, all.

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM

Re: The Book of Obsidian - Playtesting

Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely discuss it!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon
Here's my report.

I really like the idea of Obsidian's design, but unfortunately it didn't seem to be working quite right in my games (at least not his powers). I like the concept of placing shadow tiles, but I feel his teleport isn't very usable (never came up in my games), and because of that placing shadow tiles just isn't that big, especially when the placing is so limited. Enveloped in Shadows is cool, but doesn't seem worth it supportively (such a high cost for a risky boost when you can already get a better version in an 80-point Shadowcat) and offensively it's just not enough.

One thing to note is that I didn't play him on a map with shadow already on it, but that didn't seem to be such a big deal because it would only affect his teleport (and he's already got plenty mobility).

From a player enjoyment perspective, I'd much rather see Obsidian's shadow tile placing have range (3 or something like that), and maybe rework his teleport as a 4/5-space before/after moving/taking a turn style ability (i.e. "after taking a turn with Obsidian, if he is on a shadow space, you may place him on any shadow space within 4 spaces"). I also think Enveloped would be more enjoyable as an automatic wound instead of a die.

Now, if I'm in the minority here and you'd rather not make changes, I would suggest a small price decrease to the current version (260/270).

I hate to be so negative, but Obsidian just didn't quite do it for me.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT OBSIDIAN

- THEME TEST
Pass

- MIRROR TEST
Pass

- BONDING TEST
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST
Pass

- POWER CHECK
Pass

- FUN TEST
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST
Pass

- USAGE TEST
Tentative Fail, his 2 signature powers just didn’t come up enough for my tastes.

- STRATEGY TEST
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 280 is fine
- Give a brief overview. some crazy attacks this game. Obsidian was able to bring down Awesome Android in the first round, but later Nimrod killed Marrow in 1 turn. Obsidian did quite well, though mostly thanks to his stats. Placing shadow did help the Werewolves stay alive a tad longer.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: all 5 wounds to Awesome Android, 3 wounds to Vision.
Enveloped In Shadows: 1 wound to Vision.
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Shadowlands Passage: 3 shadow tiles placed, teleported 0 times.
Enveloped in Shadows: not used supportively. Inflicted 1 total wound.

Map: Swamp Lab (no glyphs)
Units: Obsidian, Baron Zemo, Werewolf x2, Marrow, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (970 points) VS Nimrod, Awesome Android, Vision (985 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 280 might be a bit too much
- Give a brief overview. some bad luck meant Obsidian died early. The 2 shadow tiles he placed were used throughout the game, but they didn’t make a huge impact.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: N/A
Enveloped In Shadows: N/A
Shadowlands Passage: 2 shadow tiles placed, teleported 0 times.
Enveloped in Shadows: N/A

Map: Swamp Lab (no glyphs)
Units: Obsidian, Nick Fury, Mockingbird, Gorilla-Man, Dum Dum Dugan, SHIELD Sniper x1 (920 points) VS Eradicator, Supergirl, Kryptonian Infiltrator x2 (920 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Pass
- What should be the unit's point value? 250-270
- Give a brief overview. Obsidian just wasn’t overly useful this game. He had a handful of chances to wound with Enveloped in Shadows, but only got it once; and the shadows he placed just didn’t really have an effect.

UNIT SUM-UP
Damage:
Normal: N/A
Enveloped In Shadows: 1 wound to Cyborg Superman.
Shadowlands Passage: 3 shadow tiles placed, teleported 0 times.
Enveloped in Shadows: not used supportively. Inflicted 1 total wounds.

Map: Ravaged Road (no glyphs)
Units: Obsidian, Martian Manhunter, Beast, Pyro, Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (910 points) VS Cyborg, Cyborg Superman, Lady Deathstrike, Angel (910 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Old February 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM

I was hoping others would get more out of his special powers than I did, but seeing as that's not the case, I'm interested in a bit of an overhaul here .... This is my first suggestion:

SHADOWLANDS PASSAGE
Start the game with 3 shadow tiles on this card. Before moving Obsidian, you may choose an empty land space within 10 spaces of Obsidian and place a shadow tile from his Army Card onto the space if the shadow tile fits normally onto that space. Instead of moving normally with Obsidian, you may place him on any shadow space within 10 spaces.

INTANGIBILITY
Obsidian can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Obsidian cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or for any special powers that require clear sight.

ENVELOPED IN SHADOWS
Any figure adjacent to Obsidian is considered Enveloped. Enveloped figures cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or for any special powers that require clear sight. At the end of each round, roll one unblockable attack die for any figure Enveloped by Obsidian.

I think these changes will give him a tad of a boost but, more importantly, make the powers much more usable. Thoughts?

Last edited by IAmBatman; February 11th, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think those changes are fine. I'd also change this:

Instead of moving normally with Obsidian, if he is on a shadow space, you may place him on any shadow space within 10 spaces.

You should probably also specify leaving engagement attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library