Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 26th, 2018, 11:09 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Marvel draft points?

I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread
Old May 25th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Marvel draft points?

I see nobody responded here. Sorry about that. I have never played with the Marvel set exclusively but in C3G land 1,000 points is a popular army size for each team. Some thematic teams like the Fantastic Four and the original X-Men are costed at 1,000 total.
Old May 25th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
I've never done a M:tCB draft. What is a good draft points number for drafting from a single Marvel set for a 2-player game?

~Z
I think you might struggle when it comes to effectively drafting from a single Marvel set. I'd recommend sprinkling superheroes into Classic armies or expanding a little into C3G.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old May 25th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death! wriggz is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post

~Z
I've found the best way to play marvel is with 3 or more players and random draws. RANDOM DRAWS? I here you say, but due to multi player dynamics the strongest player will draw the ire of the others to quickly balance the game.

Super fun!

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:06 PM

Kliebert is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Does the game become unbalanced quickly?
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliebert View Post
Does the game become unbalanced quickly?
Not if you have the same total of points in your army. The above comment is referring to a random draw type game where the armies may not be balanced but since there are multiple players...the player that randomly gets lucky and has a higher point team will find he's quickly ganged up on by the other players...until he's weakened and one of the other guys realizes it's time to shift focus as now a new leader has emerged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old September 16th, 2019, 12:00 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

If you just have one Marvel set, it's best balanced as Heroes vs. Villains.

So one player plays Spider-man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the other player plays Dr. Doom, Venom, Thanos, Red Skull, and Abomination.

The point totals aren't an exact match, but they're quite balanced against each other.
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:10 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
If you just have one Marvel set, it's best balanced as Heroes vs. Villains.

So one player plays Spider-man, Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, and Iron Man.

And the other player plays Dr. Doom, Venom, Thanos, Red Skull, and Abomination.

The point totals aren't an exact match, but they're quite balanced against each other.

Good to know. Thanks.

~Z

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion