Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old September 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Snow road tiles

My plan for these is, since snow hinders movement and roads enhance it, these will have no effect and just look nice in the tundra. You may not be able to see it but I painted up the trees and walls too.

Old September 4th, 2006, 07:48 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i love the trees. hell, i like it all, but i'd want it to be something that isn't permanent, ya know?
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:28 PM

Yeah it was my 4th road set so I figured Id mess with it. For less permanent maybe you could sprinkle some white flock or something, though that could get quite messy if theres a small breeze or anything.

Old September 4th, 2006, 09:47 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
That looks excellent. What paint did you use for the roads?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old September 4th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
You know. I've been working on a MOD to put changing colored LEDs under the glaciers, so they all illuminate and morph into different colors. It can easily be done under the playfield, and would give a cool effect. Probably could make one system that runs all 5 glaciers for under $20. Could be battery powered or AC.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:00 PM

Just an acrylic bought at Walmart and drybrushed on. Two of the tiles arent quite as nice cause my brush was wet, I dont think you can see those ones in the pic there.

Old September 4th, 2006, 10:21 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Here is what I would do scenario wise for the roads:

There are two types of roads. Icy roads and snowy roads. The road type is determined by the scenario rules.

Snowy roads- When moving your figures on snowy road spaces, count each space as a normal space. However, if your figure’s entire move consists of snowy road spaces, including the starting space, you may add an additional 3 spaces to your figure’s move. The 3 additional spaces must also be on road spaces.

Icy roads- Move on icy roads counting each hex as 2 spaces. Figures may fly or leap over icy roads, counting each hex as 1 space.

Double-space figures may move on icy roads using the lead end of the base to count spaces.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old September 5th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi
You know. I've been working on a MOD to put changing colored LEDs under the glaciers, so they all illuminate and morph into different colors. It can easily be done under the playfield, and would give a cool effect. Probably could make one system that runs all 5 glaciers for under $20. Could be battery powered or AC.
I like that idea. What about putting them under the ice tiles? Have the ice tiles be one color with color specific rules, then another color...Could give it some sort of B-movie interdimensional feel.

I would say for icy roads there needs to be some sort of chance involved. Just like driving on icy roads, sometimes everything is OK, but every once in a while you spin tires.
Old September 5th, 2006, 01:46 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
hey i just thought of that fake snow stuff you spray on the windows for x-mas i never used that but would it wash off the tiles?

yes it does! "The artificial snow spray is easily removed with a dry cloth."

ˇdn sʇɐɥʍ
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Ive thought of doing something similar. Theres these small lights for weddings at Walmart that are battery powered. I think its a pack of 5 for about $8. Theyd fit under glaciers but not under the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpy
Here is what I would do scenario wise for the roads:

There are two types of roads. Icy roads and snowy roads. The road type is determined by the scenario rules.

Snowy roads- When moving your figures on snowy road spaces, count each space as a normal space. However, if your figure’s entire move consists of snowy road spaces, including the starting space, you may add an additional 3 spaces to your figure’s move. The 3 additional spaces must also be on road spaces.

Icy roads- Move on icy roads counting each hex as 2 spaces. Figures may fly or leap over icy roads, counting each hex as 1 space.

Double-space figures may move on icy roads using the lead end of the base to count spaces.
I may be missing something but isnt that the same as regular snow tiles? I get what you guys are saying about icy roads being dangerous though, I do live in New England after all. Maybe Ill give more thought to special rules for them.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:13 AM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
Quote:
find those small blinking rings or spikeballs (usually won at libraries for reading during the summer) tear it open and you have a blinking light with replaceable batteries. <--blinks these colors

No more giant sigs
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:23 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
At christmastime you can find miniatiure light strings for under the tree village sets with microminiature lights in random colors, powered by 2 AA batteries. Just have to add a curcuit to make them pulse.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles