Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jungle Predator (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The only issue I could see with uncommon figures would be self destructing the other team into oblivion. Playtests will reveal if this is true or not.
If we go with the X OM reveal and instant boom, then it should only work if he has 1 wound left. These guys are not suicide bombers, the bomb is a means of last resort when facing a superior foe.
FWIW, we did an Uncommon Hero Predator in the Heroes of Fiction group. We used a self-destruct power that triggers when the Predator receives enough wounds to be destroyed. It required a d20 roll of 16 or higher.
They can be killed without blowing up though, so I definitely want to see some type of trigger for the self destruct power. I really like the count down theme too, so maybe have the Predator reveal the X to start the bomb, but then it only goes off if he is still on the board at the end of that round. So you could reveal the X on turn 1, 2, or 3 and then the opponent would have to scramble to avoid it by either killing the Predator off or running away, in which case extending the blast radious out a little more would be cool too. Losing initiative and then revealing he X on round 3 would still get you the instant boom though.
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:20 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
They can be killed without blowing up though, so I definitely want to see some type of trigger for the self destruct power. I really like the count down theme too, so maybe have the Predator reveal the X to start the bomb, but then it only goes off if he is still on the board at the end of that round. So you could reveal the X on turn 1, 2, or 3 and then the opponent would have to scramble to avoid it by either killing the Predator off or running away, in which case extending the blast radious out a little more would be cool too. Losing initiative and then revealing he X on round 3 would still get you the instant boom though.
I'm really liking the sound of this. Care to re-write the power accordingly?
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaky2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Why isn't this linked anywhere?
Hey Streaky, I'm not sure if you are aware of this link. If not, this will help you w/ LDing and ensure that you get all the stuff you need (i.e. Blank Book, info on Where/Who to send links to, etc.) Hope this helps ...
Thanks for that, but I don't understand what's meant by linking this somewhere. I have always really struggled to find information on this site that everyone else seems to instinctly know where to find.
I know what you mean ... I had little experience w/ forums before C3G and had similar issues at various times in the past.

In regard to your question about linking ... I believe Quozl is referring to this reference in the section about the "Design Phase":

Quote:
Once the thread is started be sure to post a link to it in the Welcome to C3G thread and the C3G Promotions Department thread and then send a PM with a link to the new thread to the C3G Heroes.
OK, I've posted on both those threads as well. How do I PM a link to the heroes (without clicking links to find a list of them all, writing them down and then PMing them individually)? Why can't this forum just be like Outlook with an address book, with pre-created groups etc?
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

OK, I've posted on both those threads as well. How do I PM a link to the heroes (without clicking links to find a list of them all, writing them down and then PMing them individually)? Why can't this forum just be like Outlook with an address book, with pre-created groups etc?
Link

Or, more specifically

Quote:
For PM purposes:
A3n ; Hahma ; IAmBatman ; johnny139 ; Lord Pyre ; quozl ; Scapemage ; SirGalahad

EDIT: Also, can anyone confirm if these are from the comics of if they're just fan art? Thanks.
Spoiler Alert!

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think you nailed it YK.

In the second post of the Welcome to C3G thread there are tons of great links. One is a current member list that has all the Heroes listed in copy and paste form so you can do a group PM with the links.

I feel your pain streaky. Keep the faith it will all become clear with time.

EDIT: sweet FG

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I'm really liking the sound of this. Care to re-write the power accordingly?
I'll give it a shot.

SELF-DESTRUCT WRIST GAUNTLET
If this Predator has 2 or more wound markers on this card and did not move this turn, you may reveal an X Order Marker on this card. At the end of the round after an X Order Marker has been revealed on this card, if this Predator figure remains on the board, all figures within 3 spaces of the Predator receives 2 wounds, remove this Predator from the game.

Removing the figure from the game insures he can not be brought back somehow and blown up again and again. Requiring him to be at least injured clarifies that he is not a mad suicide bomber but making a calculated move to eliminate a worthy opponent. I kept in the no movement clause as well to keep him from just running in and blowing him self up on turn 3. However if he starts the bomb on turn 1, then can then use turns 2 and/or 3 to chase down his foe.
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

This oozes theme which I like, as long it is all relevant to the comics theme. I don't want to hear any more discussion about what happened in which movie as it isn't relevant here. We are designing comic customs not movie customs. So as long as you guys are basing the design & comments on the comic version & this represents the comic version then it all looks fine. If at all we really have to bring this to the C3G.
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

I'm also strongly against the use of a new marker here. There has to be SOME sort of way to avoid that... maybe utilize the "X" Marker?

Why are you strongly against a marker? They're on dozens of cards, so I don't understand the objection here. I'm happier to hear more streamlined alternatives, but I can't see how the timer affect would work with the X marker.

I absolutely agree with Johnny. Not only is the marker name way too long (and lacking a color fwiw), it's not needed. Sure, many cards have markers, but its something we try to avoid if we can.
Quote:
Comic Art

I forget, what is the desired size limitation for the comic art?
800x600 pixels is the minimum size, unless there is literally nothing of use for that size or above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
This oozes theme which I like, as long it is all relevant to the comics theme. I don't want to hear any more discussion about what happened in which movie as it isn't relevant here. We are designing comic customs not movie customs. So as long as you guys are basing the design & comments on the comic version & this represents the comic version then it all looks fine. If at all we really have to bring this to the C3G.

Having not seen the movies I must make my judgments on trust, but that does not change the fact that my judgments will be based on comics, not movies.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

Having not seen the movies I must make my judgments on trust, but that does not change the fact that my judgments will be based on comics, not movies.
We should be okay I think. For the most part the movie-verse and the comic-verse are one and the same.
Old March 15th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Taking what everyone's saying so far into account, here's my shot at a revised SP (I know it's early, but just pulling my own thoughts together at least):

NAME = THE PREDATOR
SECRET IDENTITY = SCAR

SPECIES = YAUTJA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 250

YAUTJA CLOAKING DEVICE
The Predator may move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. While occupying a non-water space, The Predator cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

PLASMA CASTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
If The Predator did not move this turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for this special attack. Plasma Caster Special Attack does not affect adjacent figures, figures occupying swamp water spaces, or figures with the Ice Resistance special power.

After rolling initiative, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. If the "X" Order Marker is revealed on this card and you reveal the number 3 Order Marker on this card, each figure within 3 spaces of The Predator receives 2 automatic wounds and The Predator is destroyed.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 15th, 2013, 10:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Your version of the bomb is not bad. Then you have a full round to try and either kill the Predator or run away from him. It also prevents someone from taking temp. control of the figure and starting or setting off the bomb.

Still think the swamp water immunity could be dropped from the SA though.
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:07 AM

I like Bats' re-write, plus others suggestions, so I'll try this...

NAME = PREDATOR

SPECIES = YAUTJA
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = HUNTER
PERSONALITY = RELENTLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 250

YAUTJA CLOAKING DEVICE
Predator may move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. While occupying a non-water space, this Predator cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or any special powers that require clear sight.

PLASMA CASTER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 4.
If this Predator did not move this turn, add 1 automatic skull to whatever is rolled for this special attack. Plasma Caster Special Attack does not affect adjacent figures, figures occupying swamp water spaces, or figures with the Ice Resistance special power.

At the end of a round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, and there are at least 2 wound markers on this card, each figure within 3 spaces of this Predator receives 2 automatic wounds and this Predator is destroyed. This Predator may not return to the battlefield by any special power on an Army Card or glyph.

Last edited by streaky2007; March 16th, 2013 at 03:15 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library