Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 16th, 2012, 08:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Slums of Rio Scenario

The Book of Slums of Rio Scenario

A C3G Scenario with the map Slums of Rio.

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set x2, Battle for the Underdark™ Master Set x2, The Conflict Begins™ Master Set x2, Fortress of the Archkyrie™ x2

SPECIAL RULES:

MAP BIO: The city of Rio's slums have become a sprawling mass of shacks and shanties . Piled on top of one another and densely packed together as they work their way up the massive hills that the city is built on. With little or no regulations or zones dictating their construction and layout, the area is more akin to a maze then traditional city blocks. Since they only house the poor anyway, little attention is paid to this section of the city by the authorities. The perfect place for someone, or something, to disappear into. What secrets might these slums now hold?

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Yodaking; June 9th, 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Slums of Rio Scenario

Map Build Directions

Scenario Write Up

Last edited by Yodaking; March 29th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Look at the Shadows Over Gotham Scenario and pretty much copy the format there. The language is a bit tough to get down.
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM
C3G Landlord

I have built this map and played through each part of the scenario already, making changes and adjustments I thought were necessary as part of that process. So now I'm just looking for some other perspectives on it all. If you have any questions about why something is the way it is, I'll try to explain my reasoning it I have one.

After reading through write up, I do see some changes that could be made in the wording to make it better. I'll start posting my thoughts on those changes shortly.
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:34 PM
C3G Landlord

How does this look?

Slums of Rio

(2 Player)

Part 1 – The Hulks Blood

After a harrowing experience at the hands of the vile and manipulative Loki, the Hulk finds himself deeply conflicted and has walked away from the Avengers team. He has also reverted to the human form of Bruce Banner. Bruce has returned to a place he once found refuge, the city of Rio, to try and sort through the conflicting emotions his dual personalities are experiencing. The Avengers have not forgotten about their powerful ally though and have dispatched Ant-Man to watch over their freind. He is not the only one keeping an eye on the comings and goings of Bruce Banner however. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Agency has also taken note of these developments and dispatched a team of agents lead by the Black Widow. Their assignment is to try and procure a sample of the Hulks blood, something that can only be done while Bruce is in his human form.

Bruce has once again taken up work at a local bottling plant fixing the machinery when it breaks down. On one such day at the plant, Bruce cuts himself while working on a machine near the roof. His blood drips down from the rafters and falls among the bottles below. While he successfully manages to shut down the plant and clean up the blood spill, he soon realizes that a few drops had fallen directly into open bottles immediately prior to being capped. These bottles represent a perfectly preserved and sealed sample of the Hulks blood, which have since been sent out to local stores. Bruce manages to narrow down the area in which two contaminated bottles were delivered. Ant-Man, learning of the danger presented, has revealed his presence to Bruce and joined him on the hunt for the two contaminated bottles. S.H.I.E.L.D. has also become aware of these two preserved samples of the Hulks blood and has moved in to claim one at any means necessary.

GOAL:
Player 1: Bruce Banner must consume the two loose samples of his blood and escape from the net cast by S.H.I.E.L.D.

Player 2: Black Widow must acquire one of the two blood samples before making a tactical retreat. If this is no longer possible, S.H.E.I.L.D. may capture the Hulk is a secondary goal of the operation.

SETUP:
Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set x2, Marvel the Conflict Begins™ Master Set x2, Battle for the Underdark Master Set x2, Fortress of the Archkyrie™ x2.

The Breakable Wall Sections should be placed in the Warehouses for this scenario.

Player 1 brings the pre-made army of Bruce Banner, Incredible Hulk (C3G), Ant-Man, & Fire Ant Swarm x2. Player 2 brings the pre-made army of Black Widow & S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents x3.

Player 1 places the Bruce Banner figure, Ant-Man, and 2 Fire Ant Swarms on the 4 Orange Start Zone spaces. Player 2 places Black Widow with 4 SHIELD Agents in either the Red or Blue Start Zone. Player 2 then places the remaining 5 SHIELD Agents in the opposite Red or Blue Start Zone.

SPECIAL RULES:
The Blood Samples: Take out two glyphs of Brandar and any four other glyphs from the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set. Shuffle all six glyphs together and place them randomly face down in the locations designated on the map build instructions. For this scenario treat these glyphs as if they were equipment glyphs, following all C3G rules for such glyphs, with the additional rule that squad figures and common heroes may not reveal an unrevealed equipment glyph when standing on it.

When a unique hero ends its movement on one of the glyphs, that figure may flip it over to reveal what it is. If it is one of the two Brandar glyphs, you have discovered one of the bottles containing a sample of the Hulks’ blood. That unique hero may immediately pick it up and place it on their card. If it is any glyph other than the glyph of Brandar, remove that glyph from the game. When Bruce Banner or the Hulk places a Brandar glyph on either one of their cards, he immediately consumes the sample, remove that glyph from the game.

VICTORY:
Player 1 immediately wins this scenario if either one of the two Bruce Banner figures can locate the two glyphs of Brandar and remove them from the game. Once that is completed, he must escape capture by moving either one of the two Bruce Banner figures to any edge of the board while being unengaged.

Player 2 immediately wins this scenario if the Black Widow has one of the two glyphs of Brandar on her card while standing in the outside row of either the Red or Blue Start Zone while unengaged. Should the Hulk dispose of the two blood samples, an alternate way for player 2 to win the game is for them to capture the Hulk before he escapes. Fully subdue both of the two Bruce Banner figures along with his ally Ant-Man before Bruce Banner can escape.

Players 1 and 2 should play through this scenario twice, switching teams after the first game is done.
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If it should be played twice, switching sides, there should be points awarded so a total points comparison can be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM
C3G Landlord

I think I may be getting ahead of myself here. When I tested the scenario I ended up making changes to it based on how it played with the board set-up. So before I spend too much time on the scenario details, perhaps we should first establish the map parameters. As if you all decide some changes to the map need to be made, then the scenario details may change as a result.

I posted the build instructions I have for the map above, if you want me to post the file from which they were created so that you can tinker with it a bit yourself let me know.
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
If it should be played twice, switching sides, there should be points awarded so a total points comparison can be made.
I'm open to incorporating that somehow. With it just being a 500 point battle, and one that can be ended without destroying the other team, the game plays pretty fast while the map itself takes a while to build. That is why I envisioned them playing through twice, so both players got a chance to be the Hulk and more play time on a fun map.

Then I envisioned the outcome of part 1 would lead to the events in part 2, which gave some consequences to the part 1 results. It also led to a higher point battle on the fairly large map. Their was some previously expressed desire that I limit this project to just part 1 though and I was not sure what exactly got voted for approval. So I thought I'd start out with just trying to get part 1 perfected and then if it goes smoothly then maybe we could expand it to include part 2 before the official release.
Old December 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There are four "artifact" glyphs* created either in the Marvel Master Set or by C3G that seem like they'd possibly work just as well as Brandar here.

I'd prefer to avoid using Valhalla stuff if possible.

*Loot, Mysterious Artifact, Mysterious Item, and Object of Power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 18th, 2012, 03:04 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm okay with that too, I was just trying to use glyphs that everyone would have two of already.
Old December 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It looks pretty solid, the map at least, I don't know why you put the start zone spaces so close together. It would be symmetrical (for a competitive map) but it seems too close together for a scenario and it would also limit the use of other parts of the map when using the map w/o the scenario. If you were to move the SZs apart, it might make for a more interesting battle outside of the scenario as well as in it.

As for the scenario, I don't have much to say (I never was to great at designing that sort of thing) but IMO doesn't Hulk have a MASSIVE advantage since he can essentially just grab one glyph every turn and then just to the edge? Maybe putting an overhang might help, but other than that IDK. Black widow would can move 6 spaces per turn, abiding by terrain rules, whereas Hulk can just Super Leap 10 spaces, ignoring elevation. Also, it would also be a lot easier for team Hulk to just beat the snot out of Black Widow before she can even do anything at all.

In my humble opinion, other than that I love the map, great work!
Old December 18th, 2012, 07:09 PM
C3G Landlord

When I played tested it myself, it was a split with each side winning once. The Hulk does not start on the board, you start out as Bruce Banner so no super leaping until someone attacks Bruce and makes him angry. With 6 glyphs randomly placed and spaced out, who wins part 1 is heavily influenced by luck of the draw. If one of the blood samples starts out right by where Black Widow starts the game, then she can grab it and escape pretty easily. As far as just smashing Black Widow and ignoring the samples, it is a 500 point vs. 500 point army so it should be a 50/50 proposition to just out right win by destroying the other team. Their are a lot of options for high ground that can help the S.H.E.I.L.D. Agents get in a kill box attack or two.

On the start zone comment, that is a very good observation by you. I noticed when playing though part 2, that most of the action did take place at the lower end of the map due to the two start zones being pretty close together. The equipment glyphs do help draw figures up the hill though, in particular once a hero is wounded and starts looking for the med kit.

The overall concept for the map (Rio) is for you to be fighting on the side of an urban hill. I figured you would start out at the bottom of the hill and work your way up towards the top as each side tries to get the high ground advantage on each other. I was told that casual maps don't have start zones though, so really the start zones only come into play for the scenario. In part 1, Bruce & Ant-Man start out on the steps in the middle to the map while S.H.E.I.L.D. starts out split between the two lower start zones in an effort to surround and corner the good Doctor. In part 2, each side starts on one of the two lower start zones though.

I was pretty happy with how part 1 played, but I could see some room for improvement on part 2. Changing the make up of the teams involved, and maybe putting out more powerful equipment glyphs to better draw people up the hill are two ideas I had after testing it myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library