Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 20th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Spider-Girl

The Book of Spider-Girl

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 2
CREATURES AND CREEPERS

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the Secret Invasion set.
Its model number and name are #041 / Spider-Girl.
Character Bio - Child of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson, May (known as Mayday to friends) was born with wit, brains, good looks, and a bright future. While Spider-Man had been long retired by the time she hit her teens, it was at this point May discovered just how special she was. Quickly, the girl realized she had powers similar to her father's - super strength, amazing agility, "spider-sense," and a bio-magnetic field far more advanced than her father’s wall-crawling. When the Green Goblin returned, she took it upon herself to stop the threat, donning a costume and taking up superheroics. Now she followers in her father's footsteps, swinging through New York City as the Amazing Spider-Girl!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: If an Order Marker is revealed on Wolverine when Spider-Girl is engaged with Jubilee, and Spider Girl successfully rolls for Bio-Magnetic Field 12, can Jubilee take a turn after Wolverine's turn ends using Mutant Sidekick?
    A: No. "This turn" in Bio-Magnetic Field 12 refers to the player's turn, not the turn of a figure. Jubilee is still affected by Bio-Magnetic Field 12.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergies:Outgoing Synergies:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Swing Line wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:42 PM. Reason: png
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Spider-Girl ~ Brainstorming Phase

NAME = SPIDER-GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = MAY PARKER

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 140

BIO-MAGNETIC FIELD 12
Immediately after any opponent's numbered Order Marker is revealed, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, all small or medium figures engaged with Spider-Girl may not move, attack or use any special power this turn.

FIELD PULSE
Before Spider-Girl moves, you may choose one small or medium figure adjacent to Spider-Girl. Place the chosen figure on any empty space within one space of its original placement. A figure moved by Field Pulse never takes leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Field Pulse can receive any falling damage that may apply.

SWING LINE 3
Instead of her normal move, Spider-Girl may move up to 3 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Spider-Girl has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; November 21st, 2020 at 05:45 PM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

C3G:
  • As a Mutant, Spider-Girl may be activated by Professor X's Mutant Mind Link special power.
  • As a Mutant, Spider-Girl may be moved by Cyclops's Mutant Field Commander special power.
Is it thematic for Spider-Girl to be controlled by Professor X? Doesn't seem to fit for me.
I wasn't sure on that one. It's never directly stated if she's a Mutant or not - it was brought up once, when she was still in utero, where a Sentinel saw she was "beyond the range of embryonic normalcy."

She WAS born with powers, so she's not a Mutate, but she has no X-Gene or whatever it's called, so she's not quite a Mutant, either. While she doesn't identify as a Mutant (isn't one of the X-People or anything), she IS questioned as a Mutant from time to time and one anti-Mutant bigot played a pretty big role.

However, I went with one logical choice - Franklin Richards, son of Reed and Sue, is considered a Mutant (and an Omega-Level Mutant at that!), despite getting his powers from Mutate parents. That's the only solid precedent.

...but I'm flexible on it. It could be called either way, to be honest.
</IMG>
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

From looking at the Marvel site, it seems she is a bit slower with her swing line than Spidey. Maybe bring it down to a 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was brought up in one of the What If's that Spider-Man was basically a mutant who's power was instead of dying from a toxic radioactive spider bite he gets spider powers from it.

Spider-Girl having nonmagical innate powers and being human makes her a mutant in my book.
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm cool with her being a Mutant.
Is it thematic for her Spidey-Sense to work better than her dad's?
The last line in Advanced Spider-Sense (should it be Spidey like the official card?) needs a lot of cleaning up. Take a look at some official cards that deal with giving wounds - or even look at counter strike for wording help.
I like dropping the Swing-Line to 3 to make her different from her dad.
For those unfamiliar with the character, what's the theme behind her special attack?
Are you basing her power level here (180ish) more on a comparison to the official Spider-Man or to the precedent we set with Green Goblin (230, so Spidey's likely to be 200-220ish)?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
From looking at the Marvel site, it seems she is a bit slower with her swing line than Spidey. Maybe bring it down to a 3?
I'd be good with that; it'd give her more reason to move normally, which'll definitely help her play different than her dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Is it thematic for her Spidey-Sense to work better than her dad's?
Yup - in fact, it's MUCH better, much more precise, and she trained with ninjas making it possible for her to fight blindfolded relying only on her spider-sense.

Quote:
The last line in Advanced Spider-Sense (should it be Spidey like the official card?) needs a lot of cleaning up. Take a look at some official cards that deal with giving wounds - or even look at counter strike for wording help.
How's this look?

ADVANCED SPIDER-SENSE 8
If Spider-Girl is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 8-20, Spider-Girl takes no damage and may immediately move using her Swing Line 4 Special Power. If Spider-Girl is adjacent to the attacking figure and does not move using her Swing Line 4 Special Power, the attacking figure receives one wound.

Quote:
For those unfamiliar with the character, what's the theme behind her special attack?
She has little metal needles she sometimes shoots out of her web-shooters, called Stingers. But honestly, it's as much a filler power as anything; she doesn't use them very often, but they're very potent (which is why she doesn't use them often really), so I thought it might work. But I'd be glad to replace them with something else, or just lose them altogether.

Quote:
Are you basing her power level here (180ish) more on a comparison to the official Spider-Man or to the precedent we set with Green Goblin (230, so Spidey's likely to be 200-220ish)?
I conceptualized her as stronger in comparison to the official one. But, really, it could go either way. She has stronger powers than her father, which could make her worth more, but she has less raw strength and less experience, making her weaker.

Oh, and one more thing - for her height, I have her as Medium 4, but the figure itself, as you can see, is on a little stand. Counting the stand, she's about 6 tiles high. Without it, just using the literal figure... she's only 3, at best. How would we rule that?
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The wording looks better, but I think a rules lawyer might try to inflict the wound when he fails on the roll. Perhaps some "either or" wording?
Not sure how to rule that height. 6 would seem strange given she's so small herself, but 3 wouldn't feel right either (she's clearly not standing straight) ... what do people think?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Interesting for sure.

The only thing I can critique at the moment is that Special Attack is too powerful. SPIDER-GIRL shouldn't be hitting and hurting Kryptonians that badly. Also, it is a bit boring honestly. So it is a situational attack.... I need more cow-bell.
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:46 PM

I'd echo more cowbell. I think I'd rather see her down to two powers than three powers just to have three.

Old September 20th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd echo more cowbell. I think I'd rather see her down to two powers than three powers just to have three.
I could also echo that, but if I know the allies, they won't go for it at all.
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, how's this look for Advanced Spider-Sense?

ADVANCED SPIDER-SENSE 8
If Spider-Girl is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 8-20, Spider-Girl takes no damage and may either immediately move using her Swing Line 3 Special Power or, if she is adjacent to the attacking figure, deal one wound to the attacking figure.

And yeah, I'd be glad to drop the Stingers. Giving her range would probably only cause problems, anyways, as she's a primarily melee character. And having just two powers seems fine by me - in fact, considering how wordy her two abilities are, that seems ideal.

...oh, and should I be updating the first post yet, or does that wait until the Design Phase? In fact I'm not entirely certain what the point of the Brainstorming Phase is, actually, or when it ends...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library