Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old January 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
I could maybe see them doing an Age of Apocaplypse set down the line, but not for at least a few years.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old January 27th, 2008, 09:26 PM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
I think they should just stick with the classic representations of the heroes and villains; these are the ones that I love and that I think the most people love. While there's certainly cool stuff outside the main universe, I'm not very interested in it.
Old January 27th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Jer Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I second the desire to just see the "classic" version of heroes. I have no real need to see a bunch of alternate versions - there's so many unique heroes (the list is long) that I want to see before we start seeing multiple versions of the same heroes.
Speaking not from my own personal feelings about the characters (I'm a big fan of the original universe myself, and don't care too much for alternate versions), I think it would be a mistake to make multiple alternate versions of the characters (Ultimate, movie, etc.) There just isn't that much different between the regular versions and the other versions in most cases to justify separate figures. The Iron Man in the Master Set, for example, could just as easily be the Ultimate version as the regular version.

Alternate versions of the characters might be a good use for a "con exclusive" sort of repaint like we've see in the original game, though. You could see a repaint of Beast for the Age of Apocalypse "Dark Beast" or a repaint of the Spidey figure as the Scarlet Spider, or repainting the Hulk to get the grey Hulk. But I'd hope we wouldn't see stuff like that in the expansion packs.
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I was under the impression that Scarlet Spider was an entirely different character than the original Spiderman, not an alternate universe type of deal ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2008, 12:48 AM

Jer Woo who?
Quote:
I was under the impression that Scarlet Spider was an entirely different character than the original Spiderman, not an alternate universe type of deal ...
Not an alternate universe deal, no, but depending on which Scarlet Spider we're talking about he was either Peter Parker in a slightly different costume OR a clone of Peter Parker in a different costume. My point was that alternate versions of the characters are best served as repaints for specialty items, rather than sticking them into releases, whether we're talking about alternate universes or just alternatives in the same universe.

That said, I know a number of people who wish the whole Scarlet Spider stuff was an alternate universe thing...
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yeah, that's what I thought. Entirely different thing than alternate universe, like him or hate him. :P

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2008, 02:31 AM

clonedpoop Woo who?
Quote:
Yep, he's his own character in the regular Marvel Universe. I was talking about him being an "variant" version of Spidey, because he's similar enough to Spidey to the average buyer. He could easily be mistaken for Spider-man himself (with a new costume of course).

If we're going to see more of the Marvel expansions, having some of Marvel's big characters (Spidey, Wolverine, Hulk, etc) can help with selling figures to those that aren't already hooked on the game. As much as I'd love to see more versions of Spider-man (Black Symbiote, Iron Spider, etc), the Unique Hero Rule would make the current Spidey (or future variant) useless on the field. While this is isn't as much of a problem with Classic Scape, it will definitely pose a problem with Marvel since Marvel will only expand about 20 characters a year. Having Scarlet Spider makes slightly more sense since he can avoid the Unique Hero Rule and still bring the character recognition of Spider-man.

In any case, this is yet another post in hopes that WOTC will bring Scarlet Spider into the Scape universe.

WOTC - Please make Scarlet Spider!!!!
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:51 AM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer
Alternate versions of the characters might be a good use for a "con exclusive" sort of repaint like we've see in the original game, though. You could see a repaint of Beast for the Age of Apocalypse "Dark Beast" or a repaint of the Spidey figure as the Scarlet Spider, or repainting the Hulk to get the grey Hulk. But I'd hope we wouldn't see stuff like that in the expansion packs.
To be fair... Dark Beast shouldn't simply be a repaint. Mostly due to the metal pants for one. Also, at least until Hank's feline form, Doc was stronger than Hank due to experimenting on himself. Honestly, the AOA Refugees should be included... since Dark Beast and the others crossed over to the 616. They can skip Sugar Man though, I won't object.

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Just to throw in my ...

I am not a graphic novel fan, but really like Marvelscape. I would very like to see different characters then different versions of the same. It seems to me that there are enough unique characters out there that we don't need to recycle some.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:40 PM

rwint1968 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd really like to see:

Daredevil
Electra
Scarlet Spider
Black Bolt
Gorgon
Karnak
Carnage
Toxin
Black Cat
Kingpin

Just to name a few.

Thanks,

rwint1968

Nightwing - Guardian of Bludhaven

Jesus loves Heroscape players too!
Old January 28th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwint1968
I'd really like to see:

Daredevil
Electra
Scarlet Spider
Black Bolt
Gorgon
Karnak
Carnage
Toxin
Black Cat
Kingpin

Just to name a few.

Thanks,
WELCOME TO THE SITE!

(Sorry that I'm kind of copying you Zanter)
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM

clonedpoop Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwint1968
I'd really like to see:

Daredevil
Electra
Scarlet Spider
Black Bolt
Gorgon
Karnak
Carnage
Toxin
Black Cat
Kingpin

Just to name a few.

Thanks,
Welcome to the site! Great to see another Scarlet Spider (and Spider-man) fan.

Edit, Note: Before anyone gets suspicious, no I didn’t create a new account to post for Scarlet Spider.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News