Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which bard plays the tune of your heart?
Alixron Vandos 5 17.24%
Bace Kleff 1 3.45%
Glack 1 3.45%
Hjordis Muirgen 4 13.79%
Jai Soloreef 14 48.28%
Johnathon Jinglepepper 2 6.90%
Kage-Oni 2 6.90%
Rophru 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 20th, 2023, 11:19 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
QC3 Summertime Contest Poll - CONGRATULATIONS SHIFTREX

So tired. Tired of waiting. Tired of waiting for the Quarterly Classic Custom Competition's Summertime Contest Poll. Maybe that one was a stretch...

But, the wait is over. Please welcome the slow marching band!

As clarification, in this poll you are to vote for your favorite entry you see here. This doesn't mean the most polished or the best competitive unit, but if that's your qualifications for favorite I suppose it does! Please note, if you entered this competition you must vote for an entry OTHER than your own.

Additionally, to make clear all discussion is encouraged. Anonymity is "extremely important", so try not to reveal your entry but don't let that stop you from sharing your views on the entries. (It's kinda fun to secretly promote your own entry anyway, right?)

And so, ladies and gentlemen, for your enjoyment:

Alixron Vandos

Bace Kleff

Glack

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Hjordis Muirgen

Jai Soloreef

Johnathon Jinglepepper

Kage-Oni

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Rophru

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; July 27th, 2023 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Ananomonimoty
Old July 21st, 2023, 11:09 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: QC3 Summertime Contest Poll - VOTE by 7/27

Jai Soloreef would have gotten my vote as the best designed, balanced, and implemented classic Heroscape figure. However I had to give it to my boy Bace Kleff for being a close second in those regards with a healthy dose of silliness and puns on top.

The rest are mostly decent but might not seem as well balanced or leave some ambiguity in their powers making them more difficult to judge.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 21st, 2023, 11:23 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I worry about interpretation on Hjordis' Circle Singing Death Song. I love the idea, but when an opponent's figure begins singing, does that figure's controller choose one of their opponents' figures? And if so, can that figure choose Hjordis if Hjordis hasn't finished her song and been removed yet?

And if she is destroyed by some other means than inflicted wounds, does the effect not trigger?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old July 21st, 2023, 11:26 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

The rest are mostly decent but might not seem as well balanced or leave some ambiguity in their powers making them more difficult to judge.
If judging is too difficult for you . . .

P.S.: Looking at the voting, you are not alone. Even I voted for Jai . . .

Old July 21st, 2023, 11:42 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
I worry about interpretation on Hjordis' Circle Singing Death Song. I love the idea, but when an opponent's figure begins singing, does that figure's controller choose one of their opponents' figures? And if so, can that figure choose Hjordis if Hjordis hasn't finished her song and been removed yet?

And if she is destroyed by some other means than inflicted wounds, does the effect not trigger?

~Z
As to the second question, I'd say not. As to the first, !

Old July 21st, 2023, 12:31 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Such fun ideas!

My goodness, Bace Kleff is completely ridiculous, and I love it.

I can't say exactly why, but I wasn't expecting any bards for Utgar or Valkrill, so it is neat to see entries for both. Perhaps Hjordis Muirgen's personality should be changed from Merciless to Dramatic with how drawn-out her death would be.

I also quite like Kage-Oni just for the theme. Sonata of Dancing Shades sounds like it was pulled right from Ocarina of Time.

But yes, Jai Soloreef is implemented into Heroscape wonderfully; I like everything about the design.
Old July 21st, 2023, 12:59 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Jai Soloreef is a really neat design. Something different happening depending on the OM revealed is a cool mechanic.
Old July 27th, 2023, 04:30 PM

DarthLegolas is surprisingly tart

Hjordis Muirgen's Circle Singing Death Song sounds like a lot of fun. The kind of bombastic creativity I would want from a bard in heroscape. However I think her overall design is a bit overfilled. She seems like the kind of unit that you're constantly forgetting her powers and how they work. Maybe dropping the special attack and bumping up her standard attack value so that you're still encouraging aggressive play while streamlining the design a bit? Adjust point value accordingly of course.

I have to go with Jai Soloreef. He's easy to understand while remaining versatile. His abilities are unique, useful, and require forward thinking. Not to mention they are very Bard-like.
Old July 27th, 2023, 10:12 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Woo hoo, the countdown is near!
Old July 27th, 2023, 10:28 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Woo hoo, the countdown is near!
Less than an hour left to vote!

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 27th, 2023, 11:44 PM
On vacation...

Re: QC3 Summertime Contest Poll - CONGRATULATIONS SHIFTREX

Congratulations @Shiftrex for your unmatched flute aficionadorialship. Jai Soloreef may now play himself onto the battlefield, and into the QC3 winner's circle.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old July 27th, 2023, 11:59 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: QC3 Summertime Contest Poll - CONGRATULATIONS SHIFTREX

Awesome thanks for the votes! Lots of great units in this contest. I voted for Glack myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards