Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 20th, 2007, 05:38 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
Maybe you could have Lindsay summon him over to Kato? Either that, or try to get close enough so that the #3 order marker will be enough to move Dund into range and then pray for initiative....
I was thinking a bit differently - maybe you could go over with Dund and use Saylind to summon him back, of course summoning isn't always reliable but it's worth a try.
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:30 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00DDeMoN
I find Dund very effective in teamgames and especially if you use him near the end of the game. It can have suprising effects.
I never thought about saving him for an end of game unit!!!
That should prove to be a pretty effective use for him.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:32 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
Maybe you could have Lindsay summon him over to Kato? Either that, or try to get close enough so that the #3 order marker will be enough to move Dund into range and then pray for initiative....
I was thinking a bit differently - maybe you could go over with Dund and use Saylind to summon him back, of course summoning isn't always reliable but it's worth a try.
The thing about Saylind is that you have a better than 50% chance of summoning any figure you want, (within your army), but it may prove to be a bit too dangerous to get her that deep into enemy territory. Losing her early in the game is never a good thing!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like him a lot! Sure he isn't the best but when you can make a great pair with the zombies and let them rise again he is cool.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:31 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I like to use him as an end game unit too. If you and your opponent both have one unit left, then he can really be useful. Although I think two squads of Roman Legionaries would be better to fill in that point gap.

Old September 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
I pulled Dund out the other night and used him in a 500 pt vs. 500 pt game.

I was amazed at how well he did. I used him with three squads of wolves, Khosomat, Me-Burq-Sa and a squad of rats.

I was initially going to keep Dund behind, but put the third order marker on him to get him out of the starting zone in case anything came near.

At the beginning of round 3 I was able to use him to remove two order markers from a squad of Blade Gruts (serving as filler in my opponents army).

He popped in again before end game once. Anyway, to make a long story short, he and Marjor X17 stood toe to toe at the end game with my three remaining rats sitting on glyphs. Dund stuck in there for about 5 rounds going toe to toe with X17 thanks to Dund's gaze going off a few times. It pretty much evened out statistically as it should have for the whole game.

X17's melee defense proved too much and Dund went down after leaving X17 with 3 life left (ironically a rat was then able to cause two more wounds). So Dund did better than I ever imagined, as did an army comprised of what many consider two of the worst units in the game (Khos and Dund). The rats as glyph holders served their purpose, so replacing Me-Burq-Sa and the rats with Thorgrim just wouldn't have made it click because while Thorgrim would have given another +1 att to Dund, I would have probably been giving up the +1 att glyph by not having enough figures to hold them.

Any other hero other than X17 or a Samuri hero at the end and Dund would have probably won the day.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old September 24th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Like said in the previous post he works great against Blade and heavy Gruts because you can also stop them from taking a turn with any orc champion.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:32 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
I think he has the potential to be great. I just recently got to thinking about this:

One of my favorite armies to play is the undead horde, with the vampires, some shades, and four or six squads of zombies. Paired with the Gladiatrons, I think Dund could lay down some hurt. The Gladiatrons cannot be chilling touched by Cyprien, their melee bonus helps defend against one on one attacks from the zombies, and they can hold everyone down while Dund does his thing. Whenever I've seen zombies played, the player tends to stack order markers on them, so Dund could really mess them up with a couple lucky rolls.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:07 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Dund was an annoying bastich for me this weekend. My son used him in his "end game". When I only had two units left my son put all of his markers on Dund. He ran Dund up and started washing the order markers of my cards. He was getting full rounds to himself!! I am convinced of Dund's point value after this happened to me.

Towards the end of the game when there are not to many units in play (1 or 2) Dund can swoop in and wipe the order markers off the cards and have free reign to attack.

Very useful indeed.
Old March 31st, 2008, 10:11 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dund is a unit that would benefit sooo much from adding either one more life, or one more attack dice.

But since that ain't gonna happen, I'll just hope that the new General being released will continue in the "Predator" theme, which may very well include more future "Hunters"... of which Dund is one.

A bonding squad that allows a turn with a hunter hero would be a Great boon to Dund.

But until then, Dund is still fun and challenging to use. If all units were easy to use, heroscape wouldn't be as much fun.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old April 1st, 2008, 11:58 PM

Lord3 has disabled reputation
Just played a theme army match against my brother. Vydar/Matrix-guys vs Einar/Samurai. Preset armys (not really enough time to draft) were my,

Matrix team

Krav -100
Nakita - 120
Dund - 110
Carr -100
Laglor - 110

total: 540

Against his Samurai

Kozuki - 100
Kaemon Awa - 120
Izumi - 60
Hatamoto Taro - 130
Tagawa Archers x2 - 130

total: 540

All my preset armies are 540 rather than 500. He picked first, and when I saw he was going to be Samurai, I considered Orcs (I had just slaughtered a Knight army last night and didn't trust them.) and just Grimnak'n and flanking but feared counterstrike. After the recent talk of "Dund" not being so bad, I thought I'd try Vydar instead.

I did well at first with my range. Moved out Laglor and the Krav and managed to kill off all the Kozuki completely intact. Then he played with only the archers for a while, And I ended up having to retreat Laglor back.

Carr fell to the archers after killing 2 of them and Laglor made it halfway back to reinforcements and was killed by the Izumi. Now I have Dund, the 3 Nakita, and One Krav (useless on a +1 attack glyph out of range)

He eventually advanced beyond the 8 aura spaces for his flag bearer (who helped him A LOT that game) and the Nakita took out all the Izumi.

For the next couple rounds he put ALL his order markers on Keamon Awa and kept using the special attack so my smoke screen was useless.

I got initiative eventually with marker 1 on Dund, rolled a 20 on Gaze 15, and got a free(!) round.

The Nakita wounded him (Keamon Awa) ONCE and failed every other roll. That was it. Gaze 15 failed next round and quick release special killed everybody.

Point is, Dund got the gaze to work the one (perfect) time, removed ALL 4 markers of Keamon Awa, and I was still crushed.

Keamon Awa Rocks. Dund did his best, but the Nakita did worse than I've ever seen.

I think I blame the the Nakita and will give Dund another chance.
Old May 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM

drumtooth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Dünd

Dund 110
Hounds x 3 270
Kaemon Awa 120

Interesting?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units