Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 27th, 2020, 08:03 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
For Azazel, I think there's 2 different theoryscape matchups for massed commons - squads that like to bunch up for defense and those that don't.

For example, against Romans (and Heavies w/ Nerak to a lesser extent) you're either going to give Azazel a lot more attacks per turn or reduce your defense.

Against Knights or Dwarves, you can limit the Azazel attacks without giving up anything, which makes the matchup a lot worse for Azazel.
Well no cause even if Azazel kills only 1 knight, it's still worth it, because the rest of the Azazel army will just chill in startzone waiting for Azazel to revive, and have 0 casualties.

That's the difficulty when playing vs Azazel army you kinda have to run towards opponent and catch the rest of the army because otherwise you'll 100% lose on points.
I agree with you avoiding fights can be difficult on very small maps and mass commons is a hard machup for Azazel compared to hodgepodge but I still think Azazel army has a decent shot vs the top tier stuff.
The thing with Knights or Dwarves is that they can ignore 1 attack per turn from Azazel while they go straight for his start zone. So Azazel kills maybe 4 Knights, if his attack is working great, and then you have 1-2 squads of knights in his start zone killing all of the other figures.

My point was just that it's much easier to 'skip' Azazel with commons that don't need tight formation for defense boosts and/or don't work great with Raelin, such as Knights & Dwarves.

Last edited by Dysole; May 29th, 2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old June 27th, 2020, 11:12 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: 10 year check: where is Bring the Cheese now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Microcorp Troopers are A- in my rankings and I think they deserve that. They are a lot like weaker 4th but with the addition of a special attack that smooths some of the bad matchups. Trading a bit of power for less matchup variance.
Troopers are great imo. They have okay stats, and a squad special attack is amazing. I think Dysole's trooper spam build probably would have been better served with a big hero as it will have 4th Mass bad matchups against dragons by virtue of not having any high attack. But hard to say what hero.
Seems like you spoke to soon... What about Himmelskralle?

320 Microcorp Troopers x4
400 Raelin
500 Himmelskralle

That looks nasty, and really baits the bad matchups like PKs and Rats into a Himmelskralle Onslaught!
Old July 3rd, 2020, 10:26 PM

Zarrath Woo who?

Holy Moly.

I don't really have anything to add just that I haven't been on in so long. Like 6 years. Nostalgia trip man. Ya'll got a discord I can jump into? I miss this game.

Probably wrong place to ask...but it's been a while lol.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 11:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Pumpkin_King wanna hook a fella up?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 4th, 2020, 12:22 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I Got It

Here you go.

~Dysole, noting that is a permanent link if we want to place it somewhere more apropos
Old July 7th, 2020, 08:09 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrath View Post
Holy Moly.

I don't really have anything to add just that I haven't been on in so long. Like 6 years. Nostalgia trip man. Ya'll got a discord I can jump into? I miss this game.

Probably wrong place to ask...but it's been a while lol.
Try here

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...play.php?f=108
Old August 3rd, 2020, 01:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I got to play Havech Eradicators x5 three times in the VC Bring 2 tournament, and I continue to be impressed with how good they are. Part of me wonders if they could move up past B+ territory.

Game 1 vs. vegie: Dreadguls (B+), Guilty (B+), Jotun (B-)

This was the army's biggest win of the tournament. Obviously this is not the optimal Dreadguls build but still a decisive win over a decent core.

Game 2 vs. boromir96: Nhah Scirh (B+), Cyprien (A-), Sonya (B+)

Another solid win. Pretty even matchup with Nhah Scirh but just wrecked Cyprien. Obviously Cyprien doesn't have a great matchup going into 4 defense but still.

Game 4 vs. Tiamat: Microcorp Troopers (A-), Heracles (A-)

As close of a game as you can get here, and I think the consensus on Heracles is that he may be pushing a straight A. Had it not been for Kelda on the map I think this one tilts my way a bit more.

-----------

Not sure these are the most representative matchups, but I do think Havechs are overlooked somewhat. Even just playing them straight melee at 1/6/1/4/4 is pretty strong, but the ability to throw 4-5 dice from range in key situations, multiple times per turn if needed, is really big.
Old August 3rd, 2020, 02:42 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Your build of straight Eradicators is definitely the best Eradicator build. They're unlike any other squad in Heroscape in that they have decent enough matchups against everything on their own, and don't want Raelin, so you just want all Eradicators. That gives them kind of the awkward feature of on being good on or just over point totals that are multiples of 90.

I don't know exactly what to think of them. They're good, but very expensive per figure. I struggle to see them competing against the very top armies.
Old August 3rd, 2020, 02:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, they benefit from high numbers and sustained OMs. They one thing you can do is add MW to fill the awkward point totals. Maybe Marcu to help out with Wannok and/or Kelda, but you don't really want to add anything else to your OM mix.
Old August 19th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

In 2011, at I guess what you could call a "Bring the Cheese" event, I played Arrow Gruts at a 40-person tournament up in MN and managed to walk away with the tourney win, taking out Trons, 2 Redcoat armies, and a Nilf/Q9/2x Rats army. I didn't have to face Q9/Rats/Raelin/Hydra, but I think there was someone playing that in attendance. Although I'd never call them the army to beat, Arrow Gruts stack up surprisingly well against a Q9 and Dragons kind of meta, especially if you expect to see more Redcoats than 4th Mass around.

The final was actually against an Aubrien Archer/ Warriors of Ashra army.

Edit: It was actually 4x Rats/Raelin/Krav/Q9 at the tourney, not Hydra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 19th, 2020, 07:19 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
In 2011, at I guess what you could call a "Bring the Cheese" event, I played Arrow Gruts at a 40-person tournament up in MN and managed to walk away with the tourney win, taking out Trons, 2 Redcoat armies, and a Nilf/Q9/2x Rats army. I didn't have to face Q9/Rats/Raelin/Hydra, but I think there was someone playing that in attendance. Although I'd never call them the army to beat, Arrow Gruts stack up surprisingly well against a Q9 and Dragons kind of meta, especially if you expect to see more Redcoats than 4th Mass around.

The final was actually against an Aubrien Archer/ Warriors of Ashra army.

Edit: It was actually 4x Rats/Raelin/Krav/Q9 at the tourney, not Hydra.
A Jexik sighting! Always good to hear from you!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 19th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Just listened to you guys talk about the top 3 Melee armies and it was pretty cool.

Where does Krug stack up in the "best bonding hero" discussion? I'd argue he's gotta be pretty high because the Arrow Gruts have garbage stats and attack activations compared to the bonded melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion