Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old November 4th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Cigarman has disabled reputation
Update: How to really save Heroscape: A lesson from history.

Petitions and polite phone calls to WOTC and Hasbro won't do it. It's been tried with every line they have cancelled, with ZERO RESULTS.

So, let's take a look at what has worked in the past with other large corporations.

Remember the series "Jericho" on CBS. Post-apocalypse drama about a small town in Kansas caught up in the "Big Picture". CBS cancelled the series, without an ending, in the middle of a cliff-hanger.

People sent petitions, made calls to CBS, etc. with, guess what. NO RESULTS. CBS refused to continue the series.

Then someone got a bright idea. One of the last lines of the show, the lead character responded "Nuts!" when asked to surrender. So, the fan base joined together and sent the executives at CBS nuts, bags of nuts, of all kinds (peanuts, cashews, etc), with a request to bring the show back.

CBS received over 2 TONS of nuts from the fans. That got their attention and the series was renewed for a final season with a decent ending.

Now, what can we learn from this lesson in History. Companies only respond if the fans make a grand, physical statement. So here's my idea how to get WOTC and Hasbro to listen.

Everyone send one hex tile directly to the heads of WOTC and the heads of Hasbro, with the words "Bring it back" written on it with a sharpie. If they get flooded with thousands and thousands of single hex tiles, all requesting that HS be continued, perhaps that willl convince them to respond to our requests.

Petitions and phone calls can be ignored. Mailrooms flooded with packages containing a single hex tile cannot be ignored. The head of WOTC and Hasbro with desks overflowing with hex tiles cannot be ignored. It makes a visual, physical statement that cannot be ignored.

It worked with CBS, it can work with Hasbro and WOTC, but the one lone hex I'm sending is not enough. For this to work, hundreds of us have to send tiles.

So who is with me?

Cigarman

UPDATE 2:
The Date is set: November 16th.

I know some of you feel that this may be to short of a notice, but fast, direct action is needed, NOW. We really cannot wait.

So spread the word to as many players as possible.

Send 1 Hex, marked "Bring it back!", preferably in a box as big as you can afford, to the following:

---------------------------------------
Greg Leeds, President
Wizards of the Coast LLC
P.O. Box 707
Renton, WA 98057

Personal/Private Correspondence

and
-------------------------------------
Brian Goldner, President
Hasbro, Inc.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862

Personal/Private Correspondence
Make sure your package or letter is marked "Personal/Private Correspondence" so that the mailroom has to deliver it directly to these particular people unopened.

If a hex is not enough for you, send figures, big tiles, anything you want HS related. Just mark everything you send "Bring it Back!" Send as many individual packages as you can afford. Time to go crazy.

Pass the word to as many fellow Heroscapers as you can, as quickly as you can. We need to open the flood gates on their heads in a way they can't ignore.

If you plan to participate, please follow this link to a poll what will help us track how many are willing to participate.
Poll Link: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33353

It's time for action, not words!

"If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Cigarman

Last edited by Cigarman; November 7th, 2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Update 2
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:36 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker
Re: How to really save Heroscape: A lesson from history.

That would be hilarious... if enough people get on board I would do it. But most likely not enough people will participate.
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll do it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would help. I have extra tiles.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Will Never Legitimately Beat Bistro At Anything

TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker TehFattestNinja knows what's in an order marker

I'm in
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:40 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehFattestNinja View Post
I'm in
Ha. I love the Jericho reference, and I love using the Hex.

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)

Last edited by theGuru; November 12th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

I'd do it as well.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:43 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Count me in! What is the address?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Man, I wish I had some extra tiles hanging around. I think, as crazy as this sounds, that it could work. One hex tiles fit in envelopes, so it actually wouldn't cost much for shipping. And imagine how much we would be helping the USPS!
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:44 PM

freudianslip27 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I brought up a similar idea in another thread (instead of contacting hasbro, contacting other companies using methods like this) and people didn't seem into it.

Look at the Save the Seeker campaign (for the cancelled Legend of the Seeker tv show). They pulled enough $$$ together to run a full page ad in a popular publication.

What if we did a similar thing for an industry specific magazine?

It would show Hasbro the fans mean business, and also let other people and companies know how passionate fans are.

Regardless I'm in for the hex thing, all the way!

Matt
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:47 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe we should ask some of the members on this board with the bigger collections(i.e: Dr. Wierdscaper) to send a few of their tiles to Wizards!

*Imagines a Wizard employee opening the box, and the whole office getting flooded with Heroscape tiles*

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

I would do it.

I say figure out how many people would do it, then set a date for everyone to ship them on.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News