Old September 17th, 2007, 06:50 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwall54022
I'd say isamu is underpriced but Q9 is a pain. you have to draft a 200 or high point dude just to deal with him alone. jotun i dont think is cheap because just like braxas his defense is his weakness. Mimring in my experiences is to because my friend plays him smart and treats him as range and its a pain in the @ $ $
Yeah if Mirming is played right he can own, yet he dies to range. Although I would say the most unfair ub=nit is Krug. He is a pain especially in an Arrow grut army.
Krug isn't overpriced. That's like saying the Arrow Gruts are overpriced because of synergy.
Krug can be dealt with. Just repeatedly slam him, spreading out, and he falls. The real problem is what happens afterwards when the opponent uses the time Krug brought to set up his Arrow Grut swarm. In addition, Krug can easily slam a few squads, the the Arrow Gruts following him won't be nice to take on either.
I never said overpriced I said most unfair. Anyhow I meant best for his price rather than unfair he usally makes up doublr his points, followin him is Q9 but with some lucky rolls he dies.
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:51 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd say isamu is underpriced but Q9 is a pain. you have to draft a 200 or high point dude just to deal with him alone. jotun i dont think is cheap because just like braxas his defense is his weakness. Mimring in my experiences is to because my friend plays him smart and treats him as range and its a pain in the @ $ $
Yeah if Mirming is played right he can own, yet he dies to range. Although I would say the most unfair ub=nit is Krug. He is a pain especially in an Arrow grut army.
Krug isn't overpriced. That's like saying the Arrow Gruts are overpriced because of synergy.
Krug can be dealt with. Just repeatedly slam him, spreading out, and he falls. The real problem is what happens afterwards when the opponent uses the time Krug brought to set up his Arrow Grut swarm. In addition, Krug can easily slam a few squads, the the Arrow Gruts following him won't be nice to take on either.
I never said overpriced I said most unfair. Anyhow I meant best for his price rather than unfair he usally makes up doublr his points, followin him is Q9 but with some lucky rolls he dies.
What, Krug ALSO won't die to some unlucky rolls? (Ex. 8 skulls from Jotun to 0 shields on 0 wound Krug). You can also burn through Krug's health faster than Q9.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:52 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
The Izumi Samurai have a tenancy to clear the map pretty well.
Old September 17th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by a midget in a bikini
UNDERPRICED i say over priced 180 points to add 1 die .... pass 80 points for 1 defence perfect
I'd say the signifys sarcasm...

As for most underpriced, I go with the consensus of Q9, though other than something I did for the Predict the Victor thread, I haven't ever seen him completely decimate opponents as some have described.
Me neither! In a game the other day he was taken out in one turn when he failed to roll any defense dice! I for one don't think Q9 should be priced higher.
Um, you've never seen Q9 take out 10% of an Army? Seems easy enough to do with Q9 or any other unit for that matter ...

Decimate: To reduce by 10%

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:00 PM

DEATHWALKER has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What, Krug ALSO won't die to some unlucky rolls? (Ex. 8 skulls from Jotun to 0 shields on 0 wound Krug). You can also burn through Krug's health faster than Q9.
whiffing out with a Deathwalker is THE WORST!!!

luckily, it hasn't happened to me yet
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM

DW 8000 and Q9 do the worst in a single move, but their effectiveness slows down once all the squads are killed off, so I don't think their so much "unfair."

All you have to do to kill krug is surround him with tough squads. Sentinals of jandar can stay ahead of his double attack and kill him off in a single round.
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
I'm going with stingers, there way to good for 60pt. and are way better than DED. I think DED should be like 40-50pt. If you mean the most unfair hero than probably Q9 or maybe even the old Raelin.
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I don't think any units are truly "unfair." Q9 comes the closest, because his stats and abilities are like a blank wall. Most of the other top units offer some way to counteract what makes them so good. Q9 offers nothing. There is no chink to exploit. He has high defense, adequate life, and aggressive cost, and he has so many ranged attack modes to choose from. As a large Soulborg, he's got maybe the best package of immunities you can have. And to top it all off, he benefits from Laglor and helps the Gladiatrons. Even Nilfheim and Braxas are vulnerable to countermeasures and counter-drafts that aren't particularly good against the Major.
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:37 PM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakysak
DW 8000 and Q9 do the worst in a single move, but their effectiveness slows down once all the squads are killed off, so I don't think their so much "unfair."

All you have to do to kill krug is surround him with tough squads. Sentinals of jandar can stay ahead of his double attack and kill him off in a single round.
That's if they get lucky, DED can kill anyone in a single round also. And units with mindshackle if they get lucky...
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Most unfair unit?
Isamu. I love the guy and he's an absolute blast to play, but I think the Jandar-enhanced attack, coupled with Phantom Walk and Movement 6, is too much for his 10 points drafting versatility.
Yea if he was a common I would playing a 240 point army !

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:44 PM

I like how they're putting out these really crappy characters with good abilities as point fillers. They do just enough to get the job done, if that. But they're no waste.
Old September 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM

OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker OmniMoose knows what's in an order marker
Me-Burq-Sa, 50 points for an 8 move, 6 range, attack 3, defense 3, and the ability to strip a figure's defense when he attacks! How much cheaper can you get?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units