Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
It says: "Dragons? We don't need no stinking dragons!"

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

Old September 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
With the release of Sir Grungebob, does anyone else think the Einar flag bearer may be a sutle honor given to Hero (the HS fansite trailblazer).
Old September 9th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Thor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
"On the other hand a war elephant would be nice ... "
Yes, YES! I have been clamouring for an official war elephant ever since I saw the Romans in wave 1 and made my own custom one. A common hero war elephant would totally rock. If they gave us this instead of a dragon for Einar I would be perfectly fine with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
With the release of Sir Grungebob, does anyone else think the Einar flag bearer may be a sutle honor given to Hero (the HS fansite trailblazer).
Or the movie "Hero" possibly?
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:11 PM

777Omega has disabled reputation
Thanks for all the info.

My Wife Says, 'Hi'.
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:46 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
thats cool....
wait, how did you get that japanees(excuse my spelling) wirting in a post?
Welcome to the wonderful world of Unicode. ASCII encodes the basic English character set as numbers, with 'high-bit ASCII' changing with country and computer type -- the Windows 'code page' arrangement for getting Scandinavian characters like 'ð' and 'ø'. Unicode, however, creates a coding system to allow characters from any language to be used -- Cyrillic characters like 'ш', Japanese hiragana characters like 'が', Chinese ideographs like '丈', and others. Note that, while the character may be understood by your computer, you may not be able to see it -- you still need the appropriate font installed on your computer for it to draw the character on your screen -- I see the aleph 'א' on my screen, but you won't unless you have a font with Hebrew support, and I don't see either the Devnagari canda e 'ऍ' character or the cuneiform sign abtu times gan2 tenu '𒀘' (and yes, that is the name of the sign; blame the linguists).

The easiest way to get Unicode into your post is to copy and paste it from another browser window -- copy-and-paste from a word-processor may or may not work, particularly with Microsoft's 'do it our way or don't play' attitude; you may find that the internal coding for, say, the Arabic font on your computer doesn't match the Unicode standard, so the document in the word-processor relies on that particular font to look right, and doesn't have glyphs in the right code positions.

The other way is to look the characters up in the Unicode character tables and encode them directly into your document. The way you do this is to use the same method HTML uses for other special characters; an ampersand '&', an octothorpe or pound sign '#', the coding number, and a semicolon. So for the Cyrillic 'ш' you would write 'ш', since the Unicode index for that character is 1096.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units