Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old October 28th, 2021, 08:03 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Fun watch!

A few thoughts (mostly answering Dysole's questions):
- My Guilty opening was designed to string out mummys / chainfighters nearer to my SZ where Braxas & PKs could hit them immediately within moving out of my SZ. Any kills Guilty gets are just bonus. Based on the matchup I thought Bodacious would want to slow-roll mummys with chainfighters so there were always 3-4 chainfighers in the middle of the map and I wanted to avoid that. I like Guilty as a round 1 opening because it makes slow rolling awkward.
- I ignored wanok (arguably too much) because I expected the 1st 3 wanok wounds to go one each on the mummys & Rygarn and I didn't feel those 3 wounds would be very useful given I was trying to acid them anyways.
Old October 28th, 2021, 08:59 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Gotcha

Those make sense.

If BB gets that chain grab on Guilty though it doesn't really feel any more strung out and I'd rather have Guilty for the inevitable Rygarn endgame.

As for Wannok, I think there were a couple of times where there wasn't really any opportunity cost lost and I think you're really okay with wherever that wound goes even if it goes on a mummy you're trying to spit to death.

~Dysole, thoroughly impressed with Bigga's thumbnail skills.
Old November 10th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

The third season of VCheese has just ended, and @dok had a wonderful idea to cast the VCheese finals right after they happened, so he's going into this game blind as to the happenings and winner! We watch a clash between two rather surprising armies in this game, with @infectedsloth running up-and-comer Kuthnak and @vegietarian18 running a no-commons army! It's a great game with plenty of twists and turns, so join in and enjoy the climax of Bring the VCheese 3!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 10th, 2021, 08:05 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Really good commentary. I don't really have any major defenses of some of the moves I made that were criticized. After the game I thought my biggest mistake was my Q9 placement when he got tied by Blades, but upon rewatch, I think it's a good call that my Brute Grut R3OM3 was a mistake as well. I wasn't penalized heavily for it because of Rygarn, but it made my OM2 worse playing for the OM3 flex.

I will defend my army in the sense that I don't think it was meant as a meta pick to counter Rats and I think it has legit potential in a variety of matchups. I beat melee bonding twice in this Kuthnak build. I think I can fare just find against more traditional melee bonding builds like Knights just fine. Knights are slower than Blades so I can do a Marro Warriors opener. Really, the army is able to fare well in a variety of matchups because of Rygarn and its many tools. That sort of matchup smoothing is what I've always been searching for in my VCheese armies and I think I found it well this time. I don't think I played any of my games perfectly and the army still fared well.
Old November 15th, 2021, 11:51 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Oops.

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; November 17th, 2021 at 08:20 PM.
Old November 17th, 2021, 07:27 PM

Welcome to our special 100th episode celebration! I was able to get the one with whom we started it all, Mr. @TrueMurray , to come and help cast the game this week! We're digging up a blast from the past with an excellent game between @Arrow Grut and @Knight of Scape from the first Quad Pod event! It's a fun matchup between Marro and not one, but two Jandar heroes! So join in on the fun and enjoy this great episode with us!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 3rd, 2021, 01:06 AM

We delve into another Quad Pod game this week with @Grey Waves and @Chris Perkins mashing their golems and soulborgs right into each other! @TalesOfValhallaOfficial joins to help cast this week's roller coaster of a game!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 3rd, 2021, 09:17 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fun game, I remember it pretty well from when I played it live.

I'm mostly happy with my plays except for not realizing that my Good Doggy couldn't pounce the large figure. Such a shame, I was really hoping the Doggo could end the game for the style points.

There was one play where I was pretty torn live though and it still feels close to 50/50 to me, which is where I sent Q10 to the Kelda glyph. Healing is obviously good, but attacking up is hard and I give up potentially 2 heighted attacks if my 2x 4v5 fails. Not sure whether healing there was correct or if I was better off standing my ground and taking the even attacks (since 3 v. 5 isn't super likely to kill Q10 on the following turn anyways).
Old December 4th, 2021, 08:11 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One of my favourite games of Heroscape I've ever played.

There was no doubt in my mind at the time that taking the LEA was the right move to make - if I hadn't, Chris would've been able to get 3 attacks of 4 on Augamo the next turn, which had the potential to severely wound or even outright kill him. Unfortunately, the dice in general just weren't in my favour that round. A little bit more offence out of Augamo and things would've been a lot closer.

Overall I think we both played it really well (in my mind Q10 taking Kelda is indeed a 50/50 decision), and the endgame was positively wild. Disappointed that I ended up losing of course, but still a thoroughly enjoyable game. I'll get you next time Chris ��

Edit: Hmm, the emoji's not displaying properly for some reason

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Last edited by Grey Waves; December 4th, 2021 at 08:32 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2021, 11:12 AM

This video has been on the editing floor for, frankly, too long. But hey, better late than never, and it makes a good holiday release!

It's finally finals of the Quad Pod tournament! @vegietarian18 and @Chris Perkins show down in a placement-driven game. @Shiftrex joins me for the first time in the virtual casting booth to lend some great thoughts and insights to this tournament-ending game!

10 Points Under Videos

Old December 22nd, 2021, 02:36 PM

Good stuff, thanks for the commentary.

Some thoughts from my perspective during the game:

The Hive near Vegie's SZ really gave me an edge in the early game, as my PKs were able to maneuver so much better than the Hoplitrons were able to in round 2 & 3.

The "strategic retreat" @ ~ 17:00 is because if I take that one attack v. Hoplitrons they then get 2 attacks into me, which is a pretty bad trade-off especially against a 6-defense figure. So it isn't really a loss of 1 attack each, it's a loss of 1 attack for me v. 2 attack for Vegie.

Also, me losing PKs into Hoplitrons is a pretty bad trade for me (and is what Vegie wants) since it leaves a 4th v. PK endgame. So whenever I could get attacks onto PKs without a Hoplitron being able to engage me I took it.

Late game - Yes, Himmel was put there as a screen for all parts of the game. That's why I put Himmel between the Hive & jungle - to block off that whole entry point to my SZ. Vegie's army had too high of defense for Himmel to run through them so I decided to use Himmel as a screen instead. This ended up being really nice once that one Hop got tied down to Himmel and could no longer chase 4th.
Old December 31st, 2022, 09:40 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I miss watching these. Hope everything is well with you @BiggaBullfrog !

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports