Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM

Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker
Re: *Updated* Added General Aquilla - Six Custom Generals

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
I'm PMing you a photo of your favorite breakfast cereal tied to a chair and badly beaten. Now, I'm willing to let the cereal go free in exchange for a full set of generals. I am, after all, a reasonable man.
Lol. I'd love to be able to mass produce these for people who were interested, but the thought of it makes my brain hurt. Hopefully, people are ok using proxies with the cards if they decide to try playing with them.

Still haven't gotten around to playtesting her (Aquilla) yet, but I'll post any pertinent results/changes when I have them.
Old June 16th, 2010, 12:46 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

resurecting.... As stated before; wow; amazing My favorite is Utgar: He's awesome, the figures you used is perfect.
The rest are good too, Aquilla looks good

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old June 16th, 2010, 01:41 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great customs! I've personally never liked the idea of bringing the generals into combat, somewhat like how I wasn't a fan of Magic making planeswalker cards. But these guys seem really well thought out, and much more playable than the similarly costed Marvel releases.
Well done!
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Still love this thread, any chance of a Valkrill custom?
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

These are pretty epic. I'd give you rep, but mine doesn't do anything yet. I want to see Valkrill!!

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker

I think I'd be up for a Valkrill custom. Has a description of him/her been written anywhere? Lately, I haven't had as much time to peruse the forums as I'd like. So, any help there would be greatly appreciated.

Aquilla update: Finally used her in a few games, she worked really well giving the dwarves disengage. Jury is still out on her cost. It still feels right so far...
Old October 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

These are amazing!!! I never liked the idea of generals as playable figures, and I think they need something like the "General's Symbol" mentioned previously to bump up their cost a bit, but other than that, I found two wording mistakes between all six cards. Two. Both very minor. Incredible job, Scaperdad, and what little rep I give is headed your way.

You probably also deserve it for being heroic enough to break up a Sentinel squad... Nightmares...
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:18 PM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker

Best general customs and custom cards I've seen. Can't wait to see what you do for Valkrill. The new death knights have another hero to bond with, if played with utagar.
ONly one question, why is aquilla so low in points compared to the other five?
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
These are amazing!!! I never liked the idea of generals as playable figures, and I think they need something like the "General's Symbol" mentioned previously to bump up their cost a bit, but other than that, I found two wording mistakes between all six cards. Two. Both very minor. Incredible job, Scaperdad, and what little rep I give is headed your way.

You probably also deserve it for being heroic enough to break up a Sentinel squad... Nightmares...
Thanks for praise, and yes, it was painful to break up a squad of sentinels (fortunately I have two other squads). Hoping for a Wave 3 re-release!

Also, don't keep me in suspense! What were the 2 wording mistakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosaphat View Post
Best general customs and custom cards I've seen. Can't wait to see what you do for Valkrill. The new death knights have another hero to bond with, if played with utagar.
ONly one question, why is aquilla so low in points compared to the other five?
Her cost is lower mostly due to her lower defense and life as well as not being ranged attacker. I compared her to Ullar when building her. No range, less life, and what I believe are not quite as powerful special abilities. Although as I stated earlier, she's still subject to change based on playtesting.
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Armies!
ULLAR
Venocs x7
Ullar
Isamu
______
Although not taking advantage of his full abilities, Ullar does give you range and 10 move Venocs.
or
Venocs x4
Ullar
Venoc Warlord
Isamu
_______
A better use of Ullar's abilities because you have healing elixar, AND 12 move 15 or higher frenzing Venocs.
VYDAR
Vydar
Krav
Laglor
Marcu
Isamu
Water Elemantal
Stingers x3
Marcu
Isamu
_________
6 attack stingers. All I have to say.

Jandar
Jandar
4th Mass. x3
10th x4
Marcu
Guilty
Brave Arrow
River Tribe x3
Darrak
_______
Very, versitale and when used right, pretty good.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperdad View Post
At the end of the [General]'s Command abilities, the wording uses "defeated" instead of destroyed. I counted that as one. The other was on Ullar's card I think, let me check...

EDIT: Nope. On Jandar's card:

"All figures with a Valiant personality"

It should have the words "you control" in there.

EDIT 2: Never mind, you have "friendly" in there.

EDIT 3: Most of the generals need the "[name] cannot be affected by [name's aura]" clause on the end of their respective aura's names.

Last edited by Shockma Ranyk; October 30th, 2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:43 PM

Arrow Grut, love all the army ideas. Might have to try a few of them out out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaperdad View Post
At the end of the [General]'s Command abilities, the wording uses "defeated" instead of destroyed. I counted that as one. The other was on Ullar's card I think, let me check...

EDIT: Nope. On Jandar's card:

"All figures with a Valiant personality"

It should have the words "you control" in there.

EDIT 2: Never mind, you have "friendly" in there.

EDIT 3: Most of the generals need the "[name] cannot be affected by [name's aura]" clause on the end of their respective aura's names.
I deliberately used "defeated" in those spots cuz I felt like the Generals shouldn't ever be destroyed. Maybe just captured?

As far as the aura stuff goes, I might need to put that under the "General" rules. I just don't have any more room on some of the cards. I really need to get that symbol on the cards somewhere. Looking back, I modified #3 of the rules to cover the "aura" issue...

1) Cannot be taken control of by your opponent or immediately destroyed
2) Can only be used in an army that is all of their specific faction.
3) Cannot receive any enhancements from other army cards including enhancement auras from its own card

...I hate the wording on 1) and 3). Anyone have any other ideas on how to phrase them?

Also, in case anyone out there knows, is there a description for General Valkrill?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards