Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Great Deal!

Stock IS found from time to time. I found a wave 5 pack in the clearance isle at Walmart a few weeks ago. Obviously, it was stock that had been "lost" in a warehouse or storeroom someplace and when they found it, they marked it down and put it out on the floor.

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
Old August 16th, 2010, 07:14 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart

Wow! Everyone want's to live in Canada? Not sure thats a great idea, from a 'scape collector point of view. While TRU does still have some stock, I find thats its extremely rare and small selection.(at least where I live) I just bought a road to the underdark set online. There are all these wonderful deals for US residents: free shipping for $100 purchases and stuff like that, but I had to pay $20 bucks shipping! $20 for a $20 set! Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong stores. Seems that all you in the states have it waaayyyy better for buying heroscape, though.

Although... I still love the igloo's up here!
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM

spongewyatt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadnarg434 View Post
Wow! Everyone want's to live in Canada? Not sure thats a great idea, from a 'scape collector point of view. While TRU does still have some stock, I find thats its extremely rare and small selection.(at least where I live) I just bought a road to the underdark set online. There are all these wonderful deals for US residents: free shipping for $100 purchases and stuff like that, but I had to pay $20 bucks shipping! $20 for a $20 set! Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong stores. Seems that all you in the states have it waaayyyy better for buying heroscape, though.

I agree, the shipping can get crazy. I once payed more for shipping on a 'scape package than the 'scape it's self.

My Custom:Units---Maps

Old August 17th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Maybe just live on the border then... just close enough to invade canada for the day and do a snatch-n-grab

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:25 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongewyatt View Post
Quote:

I agree, the shipping can get crazy. I once payed more for shipping on a 'scape package than the 'scape it's self.
You once paid more for shipping than the scape itself?
Be thankful you don't live on the other side of the planet.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old August 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM

deathinc is surprisingly tart

Yeah, TrU across Canada has a lot of back inventory. When the price of the Fortress went down to $7 a box I picked up 2 more. Sadly though, this spree of Canadian good fortune seems to be slipping away. Many TrU's don't have any inventory any more. Zellers sometimes has SotM on for $15 Clearance.

A year ago I was on vacation, TrU in Saskatoon and they had 8 (EIGHT) Tundras for $10 each. I bought them all and made some good trades and ebay sales (and kept two for myself). I ended up shipping 6 back home while on vacation because I couldn't fit them in my luggage and still came out ahead.

Successful Trades with: J4Jandar (multiple trades), Carnival Man, Draconious, Porkins, KCU Master 2007, 'Scaper94, -KTZ-XXleprecaunXX, Melwing17
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:27 PM

I agree, the shipping can get crazy. I once payed more for shipping on a 'scape package than the 'scape it's self.[/quote]

So true! I wanted to get the wave 7 part with the heroes (Cyprien and such) I looked on ebay, since a lot of stores don't stock it anymore. While I found the set for $10, it was being sold from the states. The only shipping available for that seller was the international rate. $47 for shipping! Better just to wait for those rare deals we sometimes get.
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathinc View Post
Sadly though, this spree of Canadian good fortune seems to be slipping away. Many TrU's don't have any inventory any more. Zellers sometimes has SotM on for $15 Clearance.
I don't get it. Heroscape seems to be flourishing; WOTC seems to be constantly bringing out awesome new sets and expansions. Why does it seem to becoming more rare?
Old August 17th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathinc View Post
Sadly though, this spree of Canadian good fortune seems to be slipping away. Many TrU's don't have any inventory any more. Zellers sometimes has SotM on for $15 Clearance.
I don't get it. Heroscape seems to be flourishing; WOTC seems to be constantly bringing out awesome new sets and expansions. Why does it seem to becoming more rare?
TRU and Target both dropped the line about the time WotC took over (unable to come to an agreement acceptable to both parties). Many onliner retailers and FLGs picked up the product around the same time. Wal-Mart continues to carry the line in a hit-and-miss store-by-store basis. It has been discontinued and brought back to my Wal-Mart at least 3 times since the WotC hand off. Other big box retailers have carried the product from time to time, but not many since the WotC handoff - mainly, I believe, because WotC is not familiar with selling in this market space.
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:05 PM

AceofShadows is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

If anyone's interested in NIB Raknar's Vision pm me. Thanks for posting this, just picked up the rest of 'em!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales