Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 8th, 2012, 03:01 PM

Shooter McGavin has disabled reputation
Heroscape in Tom Vasel's top 10

Hi all. Tom Vasel, from the "Dice Tower" is a very well known board game reviewer. Every year, he shares his "top 100 games of all time" as well as the "Peoples' Choice" top 100 board games as rated by roughly 1200 people.

This year, Tom rated Heroscape as his #3 favorite game of all time, with Summoner Wars as his #2 pick. Heroscape was rated #38 in the "Peoples' Choice" category. Remember, this is out of literally thousands of games.

I think this says quite a bit about how much fun and replayability Heroscape provides and just how awesome the game really is. I just wanted to share this with everyone because I thought it was pretty cool.

Check it out on www.dicetower.com. He has lists and videos of his reviews. Enjoy!

Skulls on defense, Shields on attack....That's how I roll. 19-16 tournament record.
Member of the smallest HS group ever.
Go Skook Scapers!
Old November 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape in Tom Vasel's top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post
Hi all. Tom Vasel, from the "Dice Tower" is a very well known board game reviewer. Every year, he shares his "top 100 games of all time" as well as the "Peoples' Choice" top 100 board games as rated by roughly 1200 people.

This year, Tom rated Heroscape as his #3 favorite game of all time, with Summoner Wars as his #2 pick. Heroscape was rated #38 in the "Peoples' Choice" category. Remember, this is out of literally thousands of games.

I think this says quite a bit about how much fun and replayability Heroscape provides and just how stupid Hasbro really is. I just wanted to share this with everyone because I thought it was pretty cool.

Check it out on www.dicetower.com. He has lists and videos of his reviews. Enjoy!
Fixed.

EDIT: And BTW, I love you signature...I roll the exact same way.
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

His list isn't exactly good. He has horrible taste and we already have a list of the best games with more people and more games on BGG.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
His list isn't exactly good. He has horrible taste and we already have a list of the best games with more people and more games on BGG.
Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but I really hope you are joking.

The BGG list is a Euro gamer list for the most part. Tom likes to roll dice and kill stuff (like any true gamer! )

HeroScape was number 2 for a while for Tom. I'm a bit bummed it dropped to 3. Especially since I don't see the draw for Summoner Wars. But I totally dig Mage Wars at 4. Am absolutely loving that game myself.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; November 8th, 2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: I just don't see the draw to Euro Games at all
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Everybody's entitled to their opinion, but I really hope you are joking.

The BGG list is a Euro gamer list for the most part. Tom like to roll dice and kill stuff (like any true gamer! )

HeroScape was number 2 for a while for Tom. I'm a bit bummed it dropped to 3. Especially since I don't see the draw for Summoner Wars. But I totally dig Mage Wars at 4. Am absolutely loving that game myself.
I am a Euro gamer so that probably explains things. In fact, I have played BSG ten times and I don't like it no matter how hard I try.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I disagree. His list is as good or better if you agree with much of his preferences which I tend to. If you are a Eurocrap lover than yes his list lacks what you love but considering this is Heroscapers.com which is about as Ameritrash as if gets you can't expect that many of us will agree with you. Either way his conclusion video expresses your point exactly, it is his list and your list will vary. There are thousands of games out there and he simply labeled these by what he enjoys the most. Make your own top 100.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM

crossgrain knows what's in an order marker crossgrain knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
...this is Heroscapers.com which is about as Ameritrash as if gets...
Indeed. Though my favorite games reviewer is probably Matt Drake who sums it up best: Real men play games where people die.

Old November 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Vasel and his videos were what got me into Heroscape.

Old November 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Vasel and his videos were what got me into Heroscape.
Ditto. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have known it existed.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old November 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM

His videos are great! I just use them to find out what a game is about and how it works rather than opinions.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Horrible taste? PLEASE. He doesn't have horrible taste. Didn't you see his last video? Out of 3,000 games he has played and enjoyed, he made a Top 100 of his favorites. Don't see the games you like at the Top of His List? So what? It's HIS list!
Old November 8th, 2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Horrible taste? PLEASE. He doesn't have horrible taste. Didn't you see his last video? Out of 3,000 games he has played and enjoyed, he made a Top 100 of his favorites. Don't see the games you like at the Top of His List? So what? It's HIS list!
And I disagree with it. Therefore, from my perspective he has bad taste. If I agreed with him, I would say that he has great taste.

Neo is Heavy Grut...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News