Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old April 18th, 2020, 10:45 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 4/17/20

@Flash_19 I have defended the honor of your thread in unarmed combat and I have defeated this bot. Go forth and create more greatness.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 18th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
@Flash_19 I have defended the honor of your thread in unarmed combat and I have defeated this bot. Go forth and create more greatness.
I am most certainly indebted to you good sir. I thank you for your swiftness and diligence in combating the forces of evil!

Seriously - thanks for all you guys do to take down the bots. I really appreciate it.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old April 18th, 2020, 12:18 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Aww man, I just put up some new maps to play on that I was excited about, now I've gotta build another one Seriously though, this is great. Love the aesthetic and looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks Sir H! I really appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
I love it! Wannok is going to really draw figures to the South, Dagmar seems like a cool counterweight to that. The water and battlements look like they'll create some strategic pathing choices out of the start zones. The desire to purchase more Drow intensifies! Awesome map!
Ulysses~who's read all the map articles and purchased more terrain when he first started playing before more figures and still probably doesn't know what he's talking about ��
Thanks so much! I actually really like the drow - they always seem to do really well for me. Thus why my cousin @antmarchingroves probably hates them!

And way to read all those map articles! There are some really great ones that helped me a lot - especially these ones by Mad_Wookie.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Last edited by Flash_19; April 18th, 2020 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added a link for those who weren't familiar with them.
Old May 12th, 2020, 12:16 AM

Due to quarantine, I've been playing more online 'Scape. While that's been fun, it has made it a little bit more difficult to play test maps that I've been working on. So I figured it was about time to learn how to create map images that can be played online. I dunno if you guys are playing more online, but this is one of my latest maps that I'm testing. If any of you want to test it in an online game feel free! Be warned that I like to tinker before I post maps, and there is a good chance the map will change. Feel free to let me know your honest thoughts!

Playtesting Map 1

Please forgive some of my rookie mistakes...

Lastly, I feel it an important duty to call out @superfrog for being awesome. He is the man, and has helped me so much with getting all this stuff figured out. And the cool thing is, he is always doing these kinds of things for everyone, regardless of what they need help with.

Thanks so much superfrog!

Old May 12th, 2020, 01:22 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks Flash! I really like the map, too! I’ll give it a try in some of my games this week.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:23 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just played on Battlefield 23 staring Jim Carrey, Zelrig and Wo-Sa-Ga last night. I ran a Hivelord/Nagrub build against my wife's Greenscale/Zelrig build. Zelrig came in hot in two turns and roasted my SZ taking 6 grubs down, but that was no fault of the map. Positioning of the the huge figures like Zel and WSG was surprisingly easy considering the battlements, trees, and walls. The 3-hex stone platforms near the curved walls were a lot of fun, never seemed too strong, and I really liked the way the road threatened that height (Zetacron found out too late how fast GS could reach his perch there). I loved this map! It seemed 'natural' to move and reposition on, I never felt like I was running out of strategic options options even in the end game when it came down to one squad of GS vs. my Tul-Bak-Ra, Teleportation didn't hurt either I'm definitely leaving this one up over the weekend to hopefully run some more games on. I think you did alright for your 23rd unnamed .hsc file Flash! Thanks for the great game!
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Just played on Battlefield 23 staring Jim Carrey, Zelrig and Wo-Sa-Ga last night. I ran a Hivelord/Nagrub build against my wife's Greenscale/Zelrig build. Zelrig came in hot in two turns and roasted my SZ taking 6 grubs down, but that was no fault of the map. Positioning of the the huge figures like Zel and WSG was surprisingly easy considering the battlements, trees, and walls. The 3-hex stone platforms near the curved walls were a lot of fun, never seemed too strong, and I really liked the way the road threatened that height (Zetacron found out too late how fast GS could reach his perch there). I loved this map! It seemed 'natural' to move and reposition on, I never felt like I was running out of strategic options options even in the end game when it came down to one squad of GS vs. my Tul-Bak-Ra, Teleportation didn't hurt either I'm definitely leaving this one up over the weekend to hopefully run some more games on. I think you did alright for your 23rd unnamed .hsc file Flash! Thanks for the great game!
Thanks so much for the feedback! I'm really glad you enjoyed your game on it! And I'm glad positioning of those huge figures was easy. One of my key playtesting games involved Quahon, and I think I made a couple adjustments to battlements and such after that game. Quahon can be a little tricky sometimes.

Glad it was alright.

Old June 27th, 2020, 11:38 PM

Re: Flash_19's Maps: New Map 6/27/20

New map today!

Mist and Shadow:
Requires 2x BftU, 1x TT

You can find a few other maps currently in development/playtesting in the "Maps for Online HS" link in my signature (after clicking on the link, look for the folder at the top that says "Maps in Playtesting"). I always appreciate your insights and feedback!

Old July 9th, 2020, 09:53 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Did you ever happen to finish your River of Blood inspired dungeon scenario? I've played the official ones and would love a Flash take on the format.
Old July 10th, 2020, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Did you ever happen to finish your River of Blood inspired dungeon scenario? I've played the official ones and would love a Flash take on the format.
Thanks for asking about it! The short answer is Covid has not helped with that. I had hoped to finish it up and have it done by now but alas. I playtested a version of it that was okay, but there were some tweaks that needed to be made. I needed to make a couple rooms smaller, the story needed a little adjusting, and I decided to add in one room which I still need to finish the map for. So, as of right now, it's probably about 75% done with the second version.

I would be happy to send it to you when I finish this next draft if you want to give it a try!

Old July 10th, 2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Thanks for asking about it! The short answer is Covid has not helped with that. I had hoped to finish it up and have it done by now but alas. I playtested a version of it that was okay, but there were some tweaks that needed to be made. I needed to make a couple rooms smaller, the story needed a little adjusting, and I decided to add in one room which I still need to finish the map for. So, as of right now, it's probably about 75% done with the second version.

I would be happy to send it to you when I finish this next draft if you want to give it a try!
That's fantastic news that you're still plugging away at it! I was thinking that Flayed was reminiscent of the map you'd posted ages ago for the scenario and Mist and Shadow certainly wouldn't feel out of place in a dungeon crawl.
I recently got around to swapping out terrain in the Shadow Caverns scenario to be able to connect all the rooms with only 4 BftU instead of the normal 8
Spoiler Alert!
but, still waiting on getting the three other players' schedules to line up.

I would absolutely love a copy of the next draft and I'm happy to playtest as well! Just let me know!
Old July 10th, 2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
That's fantastic news that you're still plugging away at it! I was thinking that Flayed was reminiscent of the map you'd posted ages ago for the scenario and Mist and Shadow certainly wouldn't feel out of place in a dungeon crawl.
I recently got around to swapping out terrain in the Shadow Caverns scenario to be able to connect all the rooms with only 4 BftU instead of the normal 8
Spoiler Alert!
but, still waiting on getting the three other players' schedules to line up.

I would absolutely love a copy of the next draft and I'm happy to playtest as well! Just let me know!
Yeah, Flayed is a slightly modded version of the 3rd room in the scenario. The scenario version will definitely have some differences, but it will be largely the same.

Shadow Caverns? I'm not familiar with that scenario... I usually only play official ones (or the heroscapers exclusive ones).

Awesome! I'll remember that! It will likely be about 3 months before I anticipate having the next version ready for playtest. I have a lot of projects I'm working on at the moment - including a really really time consuming master's degree. When it eases up at the end of the summer I'll have more time for some of my heroscape projects that got pushed to the side.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios