Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Stony Pass updated 9/7/11

Thanks Typhon.

Stony Pass wasn't originally intended as a tournament map, but more as a map-building challenge to myself that I thought would be fun to share here for people to use for casual games. I'm glad you used it in your event anyways, which provided me with feedback to refine it into its current iteration, resulting in a much better map that is much more balanced for cometitive play.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Fault Zone is nice! Grassy lava that looks really nice. I like it

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:13 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Thanks Scapemage.

I worked really hard to find a layout of the lava that I liked (the molten lava was especially challenging). I wanted players to want to take the risk of moving their units onto lava, but I also wanted to make it difficult to get to the most desirable parts of the map from the start zones. I tried to balance the difficulty of unit deployment by easing mid-map maneuvering through heavy application of road.

Old September 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM

Re: Killometer's maps ~ Return to Cinder added 9/21/11

That's right, another pun.

Return to Cinder
requires 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, supports 2 random power glyphs and 1 random treasure glyph

Start Zone views
Spoiler Alert!

This map is very generally inspired by GameBear's Coastal Cavern-I liked its light asymetry of height vs. cover, so I decided to try designing a map with similiarly structured, but slightly more pronounced asymetry, using similiar sets.

I'm not really sure if it belongs in the TWAMP, or the TWAMP-lite; it splits the line between them very finely. Rock is nearer to height, but it has more easily congested routes out of its start zone, while sand is further from height, but it has more open and protected routes out of its start zone. The glyphs are spaced pretty evenly.

The included trap for the TG, Return to Sender (designed after the map was named), is worded a little convolutedly, but basically the triggering figure is moved back to its start zone, taking no more than one leaving engagement strike.

Old September 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM

Re: Killometer's maps ~ Mauna Killa added 9/29/11

This is a map that I've had the seed for the idea for a very long time-I knew I wanted to build a volcano ringed by jungle on a base of a spiral of 24-hex plates, but the details required several rebuilds. I've finally found a version that makes me happy.

Mauna Killa
requires 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 VW
supports 2 random power glyphs and 2 random treasure glyphs

Treasure glyph trap:
Hotfoot
-As you reach for the sparkling item the thin shell of cooled lava underfoot cracks, releasing a blast of super-heated air, burning you and
forcing you to spring away.

Immediately roll for lava field damage. Then if possible move to an adjacent empty non-lava space or spaces, if not possible roll again for lava field damage.

Old October 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Sweet maps.

I just finished a game on My Way or the Hiveway.

Armies (450 points):

Mine
x4 M-43 Resistance fighters
x2 Deathreavers
Van Nessing

Opponent's
x3 Phantom Knights
x1 Frost Giant of Morh
Kelda, the Kyrie Warrior
Isamu

I won, with a 1-wound Van Nessing.

The map was fun, but the hill didn't get much action, most of the action was concentrated around the Glyph of Valda (probably because I locked the Frost Giant on it with my rats after it grabbed the glyph turn 1). The treasure glyph wasn't enough todraw me up their, and most of the fighting was at melee range due to the Phantoms (except for my M-43s pounding on the locked down Giant). My Rats were able to hold the Astrid for most the game.
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:41 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Mauna Killa
requires 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 VW
supports 2 random power glyphs and 2 random treasure glyphs
Really like the look of this map, Killo. I wonder if with just a little jungle juggling (and water space waffling) you could get the glyphs to be more equidistant from both side by air and by land?

If I get a chance to play a map, just for fun, this will be the one.
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:06 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I realize this is kinda old news Killo, but the reworked Stony Pass looks pretty good.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM

@machinekng-Thanks for the report on My Way. I'll revisit the glyphs sometime and see if I can balance them a little better. I don't want to put too powerful a glyph on that side of the map, though, since it already has road and height as draws.

@1Mmirg-I'm glad you like it. I'll look at evening out the glyphs for walkers and flyers, then maybe it can be arranged so that you have to play Mauna Killa. Fwiw, it made an appearance at the NorCal NHSD, though in the maelstrom that is a tournament I didn't manage to get any feedback on it.

@Ronin-Thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing how the new version of Stony Pass performs at Florida's NHSD tourney tomorrow.

Old October 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Filthy's feedback for Stony Pass:

I had the pleasure of playing on this map last weekend, at Florida Frenzy 5. I found it to be a very fun map, with lots of LOS blockers, as well as speedy routes for melee units. One modification: we placed 2 random glyphs on the single, mid-point shadow tiles on the outskirts of the map. However, most of the action ended up over the contested mid-ground height. My opponent was able to position his 10th on this high ground, and it was almost impossible to flush him off of it with my melee forces. This isn't a knock on the map, but rather stresses the importance of this apparently key area: get to the middle and hold it (ideally with range).

Adding a couple of shadow tiles adjacent to this mid-area might increase the longevity of those attacking the high-ground holders. Other than that, it is a fun map that paves the way for quick engagement.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Filthy.

I was concerned that the addition of glyphs would disrupt the flow of units along the edges of the map. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't too much of a problem (and if you're reading this BurneyFlame, thanks for taking my placement suggestion).

Maybe to weaken the central high ground I'll look at swapping the positions of the midmap shadow tiles with the road tiles that are between them and the height. That will give units standing there a little boost against the uphill guys, make it a little more difficult for units to just charge to the top, and will give units a little more road to skirt the height while moving around it.

Edit: Here's what I'm thinking (though it will be a while before I get to test it, since I'm finishing up a new map and have some improvements to Mauna Killa in the works)

Last edited by Killometer; October 26th, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 11:10 PM

Re: Killometer's maps ~ Mauna Killa updated 11/2/11

At 1Mmirg's (excellent) suggestion, I've updated Mauna Killa so that the glyphs are more balanced for flying units as well as walking units. The changes have had the added bonus of speeding up movement around the perophery of the map, where more shelter is provided by the Jungle. There is still a slight imbalance for walking double-hex units going for the power glyphs (one is 7 spaces away, but uncovered by Jungle, the other offers jungle, but is 9 spaces away), and if Groks and Templars ever shift to the front of the metagame it might need a revisit, but in the meantime it just adds a little flavor.

New:

New/Old:

Last edited by Killometer; November 2nd, 2011 at 11:26 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios