Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 30th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. Are the buildings and other terrain from the game or something else?
The big building in the center is an O-scale building for trains. I'm not sure where the other buildings are from, but there was a Fisher Price parking garage that was painted. Cars are toy cars he made look weathered. There were dumpsters and other pieces that are probably from a company that makes them for games. These guys also play a post apocalyptic game called Wreckage, so they had made or bought this terrain for that game already.

The Walking Dead game doesn't come with any 3D terrain. Maybe some 2D terrain tokens like cars.

Here's a place in England that has some neat city buildings and scatter terrain.

http://www.4ground.co.uk/28mm-city-center

http://www.4ground.co.uk/28mm-city-center?page=2

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; May 30th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old May 30th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Wow. Jealous. Very much. I dont need anymore minis but reaper bones has some great models. They are so useful for other mini games too.
Quote:
Holy crap! That is one impressive dragon! And that worm!

And that terrain is pretty sweet too. Is it something that they will sell, or is it kickstarter exclusives?
Chris didn't think they were exclusives. Though, he figured that dragon might go for $100, who knows? The box that the dragon parts are in is about as big or bigger (wider) than the base game of Heroscape. It's huge! The Worm is pretty darn big too, maybe 5 or 6 inches. He also had a bunch of terrain pieces, as well as a boatload of other random minis.

He's nuts man. He had some Malifaux figures primed, some more just assembled, some Frostgrave stuff painted recently, and other stuff in various stages of painting laying about. He also had Dark Souls unopened yet. I think he needs an intervention
Yeah, I figured that the large figures would be way out of my reach but I was mostly interested in the terrain pieces. It sounds like you have yourself a fun friend there.

I did end up going to Hobby Lobby today and got myself a pack of those barrels. I nearly had to leave without them because I couldn't find them. I made one last pass through the same aisle that I had been looking in and finally spotted them. They were in a much smaller package than I was expecting. They are nice though. I'll be going back for more. They also had a pack of three, much bigger barrels, for the same price. The bigger barrels are roughly the height of a regular Heroscape figure. I'll likely have to get some of those too.

I also checked out that fairy section. There was some cool stuff in there that would make some nice terrain. But it is a little pricy for me. I'll be watching for sales.
Cool, I'll have to check that out.

Yeah, Chris is fun. Heck, he was talking about getting into that Walking Dead game too now. He has a problem I think

Old May 30th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Finished some more scatter terrain and another walkway done for Frostgrave. I built the walkway a couple days ago but didn't prime paint and varnish until today. Spray prime, paint and varnish makes it pretty quick. So now that's 3 walkways this size and one that is half of this size. Can never have too many walkways in Frostgrave.

I had the Scape rock formations and the pieces of mulch primed for a while, but finally got to painting them yesterday morning before going gaming, and varnished them today after work.

Old May 30th, 2017, 07:40 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Hmm, those rock formations look familiar.

Nice work. Especially on the walkway. Do you just make them out of balsa wood?

I started making my first custom Frostgrave terrain yesterday, some pillars. I have 2 out of 8 built. Then I'll have to do all the priming, painting, and finishing. I only have a little time each day so it will be slow going.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 30th, 2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old May 30th, 2017, 09:18 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

@keglo I don't even have terrain right now lol I'm gonna be moving soonish so I'm trying not to accumulate too much stuff... For $20 though I'll have to keep this game in mind once I'm more permanently situated, cause my brother and I totally have the minis...
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Hmm, those rock formations look familiar.

Nice work. Especially on the walkway. Do you just make them out of balsa wood?

I started making my first custom Frostgrave terrain yesterday, some pillars. I have 2 out of 8 built. Then I'll have to do all the priming, painting, and finishing. I only have a little time each day so it will be slow going.
Got a pack of these thin sticks at Hobby Lobby for maybe $4. I cut off the rounded ends. I use 2 full length pieces for the under frame, about an inch or so apart. Then I cut other sticks into 3 pieces to make the planks. Wood glue together.

Look forward to seeing your pillars. These things do take time. I get up early on weekends to get 3 hour stretches of work, plus an hour here and there during the week.

Old May 30th, 2017, 10:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Right now I'm building an altar. Next will be Arcaneum(Wizards library and alchemy place)I also plan on decking it out with bookshelves, scrolls, tables/chairs, and an alchemy station as scatter terrain.

Yeah, just go to the craft store and get every size of craft stick you think would be good to use. I have some of everything, so I can build whatever/whenever all neatly stored in my shop.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 30th, 2017, 10:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds awesome TREX!

Old May 30th, 2017, 11:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Sounds awesome TREX!
I got side tracked just now. I'm building my 3x3 stone city grid base out of foamboard. I'm not sure if I want to back it with something more sturdy just to make sure it stays in one piece. Maybe I'll glue a sheet of plywood underneath it. I just need to add some columns around the altar to finish it. I was going to make the columns out of some foam board then got side tracked with the bigger more needed project. The altar is completely painted and sealed and just needs a base and some accenting.

Old May 31st, 2017, 06:37 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
@keglo I don't even have terrain right now lol I'm gonna be moving soonish so I'm trying not to accumulate too much stuff... For $20 though I'll have to keep this game in mind once I'm more permanently situated, cause my brother and I totally have the minis...
I hear you. My home is pretty small and I have storage issues already. So my wife isn't thrilled that I want to start making terrain, or that I'm looking for more games to get into.

Quote:
Got a pack of these thin sticks at Hobby Lobby for maybe $4. I cut off the rounded ends. I use 2 full length pieces for the under frame, about an inch or so apart. Then I cut other sticks into 3 pieces to make the planks. Wood glue together.

Look forward to seeing your pillars. These things do take time. I get up early on weekends to get 3 hour stretches of work, plus an hour here and there during the week.
Thank you Hahma. I'll be getting me some of those. It looks really good. Of course, part of that is the paint job that you do. I'm a pretty weak painter so I hope that I can make my stuff look half as good as you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I got side tracked just now. I'm building my 3x3 stone city grid base out of foamboard. I'm not sure if I want to back it with something more sturdy just to make sure it stays in one piece. Maybe I'll glue a sheet of plywood underneath it. I just need to add some columns around the altar to finish it. I was going to make the columns out of some foam board then got side tracked with the bigger more needed project. The altar is completely painted and sealed and just needs a base and some accenting.
I am looking forward to seeing your board TREX, as I plan on starting mine when I'm done with my pillars/columns. The columns are made out of foam and my board will be too. I plan on making most of my stuff from foam. It sounds like your board is going to be much more intricate than mine. My lack of skills force me to go much more basic.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old June 1st, 2017, 10:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

One of my daughters, Morgan, and I started a game of Frostgrave tonight. We had done a preliminary setup a couple nights ago to get her familiar with the rules and just place our warbands in starting positions and place treasures. She had also rolled out of game spell of Animal Companion and was able to get her Bear in, it's currently just primed black.

I explained the rules more tonight, as well as going over what her spells do, then we got through 2 rounds before she wanted to stop for the night to jump on the trampoline with her sister for awhile. We'll pick it up another time.

She got to her first treasure quickly and used Leap spell to get her Thug off the board with it. I got to one on the hill quickly and cast Quick Feet on my Thief to allow him to move faster to get off the board. The other one on the small ruin I got to quickly with my Crossbowman, but o wanted to take a shot with him in the first round.

I put some wounds on the Bear with my Ranger, but then Morgan killed the Ranger with 2 nice attacks by her Crossbowman and Archer. She then put up a wall of fog to deny line of sight to her wizard and her posse. But shortly after, I cast a Wall just on my side of her fog, and kept that nearby treasure token on my side of the wall.

She picked up her other 2 tokens under th the large ruins, but failed a Leap cast by her Apprentice. She also healed 5 wounds on her Bear to bring him back to full health.

I picked up my 2nd treasure with the crossbowman on the small ruin and it was the first time we rolled 16+ on the d20 to bring out a creature. We rolled a 20 and then 17 I believe to bring out 2 Snow Trolls, which I used some proxies from Heroscape. They made their move during the creature phase and that's where we left off.

Note: Unfortunately I only have the 2 white foamboard pieces made so far to represent fog or a wall. So I need to make some out of black foamboard to represent walls. They are supposed to be 6x3x1. The bases are 1 inch wide but the rest of them are 6x3 inches. The fog blocks LoS and the Wall does that, and also doesn't let you move through it. The Fog can be cast anywhere within LoS of the caster, whereas the Wall can only go up to 6 inches from the caster, and has a casting number of 10+ rather than the 8+ of the Fog.

Old June 1st, 2017, 10:20 PM
"like" happy

Wow that looks so cool. Very exciting to hear playthrough details. I still havent got in a play yet. I did print out a handful of items off boardgamegeek. @Hahma . I made my 3x3 board out of insulation foam. Its all painted up and looking epic. I used a grid on it so that I could double purpose it for mini games that use grids. I went 1.25 inch on the grid so scape figure bases would fit grid style too if I want. Im going to liquid nails it on a piece of plywood sheeting. Im thinking about going with a 4x4 sheet and centering it on that. That would give me a 3x3 and 4x4 option on one surface. What do you think? My altar is almost finished too. Ill post pics soon.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures