Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 12th, 2022, 06:00 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2 Prediction Thread

With a solid hint of Sonlen returning, it makes me wonder if that antler-headed wizard looking guy isn't Morsbane. I also predict he's connected with the rooted-antlers; maybe as a resumonable construct.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old August 12th, 2022, 08:29 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I expect the new Master Set to follow the "two factions" layout popular with modern wargames, with a roughly equal distribution of Dawn Raider Syndicate figures and Lifeborn Order figures. To further emphasize this theming, I expect both factions to supplant the Valkyrie Generals on their respective units' cards. Moreover, given Sonlen?'s prominent flag, I could feasibly see the set including DRS and LBO "Valkyrie" dice in lieu of normal combat dice, with appropriate special powers to boot.
Old August 12th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I expect the new Master Set to follow the "two factions" layout popular with modern wargames, with a roughly equal distribution of Dawn Raider Syndicate figures and Lifeborn Order figures. To further emphasize this theming, I expect both factions to supplant the Valkyrie Generals on their respective units' cards. Moreover, given Sonlen?'s prominent flag, I could feasibly see the set including DRS and LBO "Valkyrie" dice in lieu of normal combat dice, with appropriate special powers to boot.
That makes a lot of sense.

Old August 15th, 2022, 12:15 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
And regarding a master set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
I don’t believe anyone said “master set”

Master Set means something very specific to you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @SkyWhale
Will there be a Master set to kick off the rest of the epoch that is AoA?
Need to wait and see.
With the announcement of the Ironclad Collective faction, we know the War Council is (likely) planning on more than two factions released at launch. And, in conjunction with what's been officially said regarding Master Sets, I think we'll see a non-traditional "master set" release, akin to the release structure we currently see in other miniatures games:
  • Unit packs and terrain packs may be separate from each other upon release.
  • There may be a "Master" figure pack containing a smattering of hero figures. Think if RotV figures were sold in a pack much like D&D hero packs.
  • There may be additional figure packs released alongside a "Master" pack. These would likely be the individual faction sets, including mainly common units.
  • If the previous point is true, we may also see smaller faction-specific hero packs.
  • We may see one or a few terrain-only packs. Possibly one traditional master-set-sized terrain pack and one or more smaller terrain packs.

Based on Encarmine's phrasing that AoA is an epoch much like RotV and SotM while at the same time strongly hinting that we won't see a traditional master set, I think we'll see a release structure that combines the traditional master set, figure expansion wave, and terrain expansion into one larger release. Then, over time, AH will likely add more packs to the epoch until it's rounded out enough to (hopefully) release another epoch.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
So they won't call it a "Master Set" but there has to be some kind of "Base Set" or "Starter Set" with figures, terrain, and rules. If they sold terrain and figures completely separately, then new players would have to make two purchases to be able to play and that is a restrictive barrier to entry. I believe RotV was sold at a loss to draw new players in.
Your point about the multiple purchases is definitely a critical factor. If my release predictions are generally true, we may also see a smaller starter set that includes just enough content to play the game. Much like the D&D and Pathfinder starter sets that are relatively inexpensive introductions to the respective system while also providing the critical components to get a sense of the full experience.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Last edited by 'Scaper94; August 15th, 2022 at 12:35 PM.
Old August 15th, 2022, 12:29 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Discord: "Heroscapers Online"#general-heroscape 2022-08-14

We're predicting they'll give us Undeadeye Dan. If not, could someone in the customs community make it happen please.
Old August 15th, 2022, 12:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
They're introducing a lot of factions in the designer's notes. Maybe they'll have a "starter set" with only two factions... but I'm pretty sure the initial "release" will include multiple factions.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 15th, 2022, 12:59 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
And regarding a master set...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
I don’t believe anyone said “master set”

Master Set means something very specific to you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @SkyWhale
Will there be a Master set to kick off the rest of the epoch that is AoA?
Need to wait and see.
With the announcement of the Ironclad Collective faction, we know the War Council is (likely) planning on more than two factions released at launch. And, in conjunction with what's been officially said regarding Master Sets, I think we'll see a non-traditional "master set" release, akin to the release structure we currently see in other miniatures games:
  • Unit packs and terrain packs may be separate from each other upon release.
  • There may be a "Master" figure pack containing a smattering of hero figures. Think if RotV figures were sold in a pack much like D&D hero packs.
  • There may be additional figure packs released alongside a "Master" pack. These would likely be the individual faction sets, including mainly common units.
  • If the previous point is true, we may also see smaller faction-specific hero packs.
  • We may see one or a few terrain-only packs. Possibly one traditional master-set-sized terrain pack and one or more smaller terrain packs.

Based on Encarmine's phrasing that AoA is an epoch much like RotV and SotM while at the same time strongly hinting that we won't see a traditional master set, I think we'll see a release structure that combines the traditional master set, figure expansion wave, and terrain expansion into one larger release. Then, over time, AH will likely add more packs to the epoch until it's rounded out enough to (hopefully) release another epoch.

EDIT:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
So they won't call it a "Master Set" but there has to be some kind of "Base Set" or "Starter Set" with figures, terrain, and rules. If they sold terrain and figures completely separately, then new players would have to make two purchases to be able to play and that is a restrictive barrier to entry. I believe RotV was sold at a loss to draw new players in.
Your point about the multiple purchases is definitely a critical factor. If my release predictions are generally true, we may also see a smaller starter set that includes just enough content to play the game. Much like the D&D and Pathfinder starter sets that are relatively inexpensive introductions to the respective system while also providing the critical components to get a sense of the full experience.

I like this structure
Old August 15th, 2022, 03:58 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I could see a couple mini master sets. Each is a start on 2 factions. Buy either and you have a complete faction vs faction game with some terrain related to the fight between those 2 factions. Buy both and you have more types of terrain, and of course those sweet army cards and minis. Then a few expansions of common squads and other more flexibly affiliated units.
Old August 15th, 2022, 05:39 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I could see a couple mini master sets. Each is a start on 2 factions. Buy either and you have a complete faction vs faction game with some terrain related to the fight between those 2 factions. Buy both and you have more types of terrain, and of course those sweet army cards and minis. Then a few expansions of common squads and other more flexibly affiliated units.

Two mini-Master sets to get a pile of terrain and two flwshed-out factions, two other factions + a smattering of General-aligned units in the figure packs, and one RttFF-esque "good terrain + common unit" pack for one to buy multiples of... I would actually really love that release structure.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old August 15th, 2022, 08:14 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
They're introducing a lot of factions in the designer's notes. Maybe they'll have a "starter set" with only two factions... but I'm pretty sure the initial "release" will include multiple factions.
Ooh, good point; I hadn't seen any newer factions. I could see the initial release consisting of a pseudo-master set and a "wave 1" with as much variety as we've come to expect from this game.
Old August 20th, 2022, 06:39 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m still obsessed with the Melter Deathforge: I think it will have very low move but a grab mechanic like the Drow Chainfighter. It will have an automatic kill mechanic like Grimnak. Every kill will heal a wound from the Deathforge.

Super excited to see actual stats for the MD.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 21st, 2022, 06:27 AM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

I'm predicting (hoping very strongly) for a really good cavalry squad. Something that lets them use their speed an maneuverability in more ways than just getting to one spot quickly and then getting tied down as soon as they engage. I have lots of ideas for how they could work.

Maybe mounted archers/carbine cav?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion