Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 10th, 2022, 10:07 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
We're considering the name "Necrotizing Venom". However we are open to other names.
Just quoting myself here to point out that we are already planning to change the name. We're also considering "Venomous Strike".
Old May 11th, 2022, 11:50 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think the current version of Paralyzing Venom (whatever it ends up being called) is a mistake. Too swingy. They would need to be cost-balanced assuming buffs like Estivara, which will make them underpowered without.

I don't love Underbelly the way it's written, as setting maximums is dangerous territory. There is precedence with Net Trip, though. I would prefer the -X defense dice as others have suggested.
Old May 11th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I think the current version of Paralyzing Venom (whatever it ends up being called) is a mistake. Too swingy. They would need to be cost-balanced assuming buffs like Estivara, which will make them underpowered without.

I don't love Underbelly the way it's written, as setting maximums is dangerous territory. There is precedence with Net Trip, though. I would prefer the -X defense dice as others have suggested.
some units are cost balanced with other units in mind, the same is with Estivara. testing will determine if we bump the price...I'm fine with that. Additionally, it's also possible we could cap it at -2 def by saying "no more than 2 dice subtracted", or something like that...but for now...we're testing out as-is.

As for the defense power, I see no dangerous territory there. If nothing else...it simplifies the power and allows for a very clear and defined condition. the issue with Underbelly is, if we just did -2 defense, which we heavily considered...then you still have to add +1 for height. That felt contradictory. That is, take height and get -2 but because you're on height you get +1...that's just dumb design. The other option - which we also considered - was -1 defense and they don't get height advantage...but that's overcomplicating the power at that point and making it more wordy than it needs to be. Rather than doing all the mental gymnastics of -2 def on height, but +1 for height + any other buffs/auras we just capped it for simplicity.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 18th, 2022, 05:08 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Finally found an edit I like for Ebol...

The only change is Neural Capacity, where instead of placing all OMs on him every round, you place OMs on him equal to his life remaining. Especially combined with Sensory Overload, this adds some decision points that were a part of the critical feedback I got awhile back when I first ran Ebol through here.

The change does nerf his synergy a little bit with the Children of the Dark Star, which I think is good. Even if the Children make it less likely to take wounds because of their rerolls, previously there was no punishment for taking wounds on Ebol.

It does not change the range of Neural Transmission. After watching Vegie run his VChees3 army with Rygarn, where in most games Rygarn wasn't moved until his cleanup ability was needed, I believe this is more so a place where Ebol can have an advantage over Rygarn.

Speaking of Rygarn, I priced Ebol at just 5pts under Rygarn for two similar reasons. Rygarn can do two things better than Ebol: Cleanup and Wannok soak. He is not the greatest Wannok soaker but there is much less punishment for putting a wound on him than there is now on Ebol. Because of these two things, I priced Ebol in a way so that you usually cannot make up for his weaknesses relative to Rygarn by adding Isamu or Marcu (you can add Ebol/Isamu instead of Rygarn if you have 5pts remaining in your Rygarn build).

Looking for feedback on if you all think this change adds enough decision points to Ebol to make him more interesting.

Last edited by Sheep; May 19th, 2022 at 08:23 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 08:09 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Speaking for myself, I'm not sure he makes a good Outsider. At a minimum 35% chance to wound him, Sensory Overload seems like it might make him not really worth the points. And his name should be Brian.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 23rd, 2022, 09:39 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The old version of Sensory Overload appeared to make Ebol unplayable, the D20 version is interesting. I could see sensory overload just making him a terrible unit where he goes straight to the C tier, but he could be really good for some pod armies. I'd playtest it and consider dropping the D20 fail condition to 4 or lower unless he performs really well
Old July 4th, 2022, 11:25 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looking for feedback on this version. (Language updates in text version from input in this thread).

- - - - - - -

WULFING HUNTERS
TUNDRA NOMADS

The figures used are #001 and #014 from D&D ICEWIND DALE: RIME OF THE FROSTMAIDEN.

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ARKTOS: HUNTER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT
    As Hunters the Wulfing Hunters can can benefit from Arktos' Hunter Attack Enhancement.

Synergy Benefits Offered

N/A

Last edited by Shiftrex; July 5th, 2022 at 12:19 PM.
Old July 5th, 2022, 02:15 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I like this version a lot

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 5th, 2022, 09:15 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like this version as well. There were a couple questions I had about the card though.

The symbol on the card is Jandar. I assume the design is intended to be Ullar?

The text on the card lists the species as Human, whereas the text in the box says Wulflings.

These inconsistencies leave me wondering if they are supposed to be human Wulfing hunters from Earth intended to loosely represent the mythological Wulfing tribe from Beowulf, or if they are supposed to be a new species of Wulflings (note the additional "l") from Feylund, perhaps inspired by the tribe from the Beowulf legend but still thematically distinct.

I'd be fine with either of those outcomes. I would probably have a thematic concern with any mixing of those themes (ie. humans from Feylund, or spelling their name Wulfing without the "l" if they are from Feylund).
Old July 5th, 2022, 09:37 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, you're correct it's just a typo. They are humans, loosely based on historical norse tribes. Wanted them to be in the Ullar general.
Old July 5th, 2022, 09:39 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Yes, you're correct it's just a typo. They are humans, loosely based on historical norse tribes. Wanted them to be in the Ullar general.
So, homeworld is Earth?
Old July 5th, 2022, 09:39 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm not really thrilled with two different movement powers, but they're different in every way so I'm ok with it. Attack of 4 seems overly strong for these figures, but it's probably necessary to make a 2-man group useful.

Stalkers is troubling because of all of the various "end of turn" things it clashes with timing-wise, but I think those things can be worked out. Strike and Fade is problematic as-is, but should be fine if you limit the power to normal attacks. I'd say it would be ok to add in leaving engagement attacks, but it's not. You wouldn't believe the problems we had with Elaria over turn-interrupted movements. If you're limiting it to normal attacks, then it would be better to word it as "After attacking with the Wulfling Hunters, you may move any Hunters that dealt one or more wounds to an opponent's figure up to three spaces each."

Overall, I like the idea behind Stalkers on a hunter unit. Strike and Fade less so, but it may feel good when playing and hopefully makes up for their poor defense for the cost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards