Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 9th, 2016, 12:03 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Lightbulb Arkham's Design Brainstorming

Some design possibilities:

Copperhead
Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)
Doctor Phosphorus
Enchantress
Nightwing II
The Question (Renee Montoya)

Last edited by Arkham; December 4th, 2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old December 9th, 2016, 12:08 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Arkham's Design Brainstorming Thread

Zatanna II

Quote:
NAME = ZATANNA II
SECRET IDENTITY = ZATANNA ZATARA

SPECIES = HOMO MAGI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

MISTRESS OF MAGIC
Each time Zatanna casts a common spell, before discarding that common spell, you may roll the 20-sided die, adding 3 to the roll if it is a common Elemental Control spell. On a roll of 9 or higher, do not discard that common spell.

TRAP DOOR TELEPORTATION
Instead of taking a turn with Zatanna, you may choose a single spaced Unique Hero you control. Immediately switch Zatanna and the chosen Hero, and take a turn with the chosen Hero. Figures switched by Trap Door Teleportation never take any leaving engagement attacks.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Zatanna is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Zatanna can take for this attack is one.

FLYING
Quote:
BASIC ELEMENTAL CONTROL
Unique Spell
5 points

At the start of the game place one of each of the following on this card:
  • ice tile
  • shadow tile
  • swamp water tile
  • water tile
Instead of attacking, this figure may cast this spell. Remove a tile from this card and place it on either the space this figure occupies or any empty land space within 3 spaces of this figure, if the tile fits normally onto that space. After casting this spell, if this figure has the Mistress of Magic special power and there is at least one tile remaining on this card, you do not have to discard this card.
Quote:
ADVANCED ELEMENTAL CONTROL
Unique Spell
15 points

• Evergreen Tree Destructible Object
  • Ice Rock Destructible Object
  • lava tile
  • single-hex grass, lava field, rock, sand, snow, and swamp tile
Instead of attacking, you may cast this spell. Remove a Destructible Object or tile from this card and place it on any empty land space within 3 spaces of this figure, if the Destructible Object or tile fits normally onto that space. After casting this spell, if this figure has the Mistress of Magic special power and there is at least one Destructible Object or tile remaining on this card, you do not have to discard this card.

Last edited by Arkham; January 7th, 2017 at 12:02 AM.
Old December 9th, 2016, 09:55 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I almost suggested you start a thread like this last night. Can't wait to see more.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 9th, 2016, 10:40 AM

The goal with Zatanna is to keep it simple and keep her points down to hopefully encourage more spells being drafted with her. As for the spells I want to introduce with her, I have a strong liking to the ability to manipulate elements and place them on the battlefield, as it truly makes her the jack of all trades support unit that I feel she should be.

There are various units that benefit from water/ice/lava/swamp/sand/shadow/trees/ice rocks etc., making her a natural combo. Opening up these particular spells to more than just a limit one use per game, or one draft per game uniquely to her, allows that to be built into her cost directly, and goes further to make these stand out as her specialty. It also has direct synergy benefits with members of the Justice League(water/shadow/lava etc.), as well as potential Justice League Dark synergy down the road.

I'd also consider adding in the line to Mistress of Magic "This figure has the class of Magician in addition to what is listed on this card." This could help in the future in case we start some Justice League Dark synergy with Constantine, preferring to call out to Magician rather than Champion for that group. It'd also link in Zatanna I and II into anything of the sort that may pop up for the class.
Old December 10th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think Mistress of Magic is a bit vague, as it stands. I'd keep the power on the card, but give it some really simple/bare-bones effect (maybe the dual-class thing you suggested, but that feels kind of unnecessary when there's already a Magician Zatanna). Then word the spells more like this:

Quote:
BASIC ELEMENTAL CONTROL
Unique Spell
5 points

• ice tile
  • shadow tile
  • swamp water tile
  • water tile
Instead of attacking, this figure may cast this spell. Remove a tile from this card and place it on either the space this figure occupies or any empty land space within 3 spaces of this figure, if the tile fits normally onto that space. After casting this spell, if this figure has the Mistress of Magic special power and there is at least one tile remaining on this card, you do not have to discard this card.

The 'discard' bit will almost certainly have to be changed, depending on whatever the official wording for that is, but I think that style of thing is the way to go.

You could also use Homo Magi species as the thing that the spells key in on, rather than the Mistress of Magic special power, but doing it that way would force the spells to be costed around Zatanna I. Cutting out Zatanna I lets Zatanna II absorb the cost of her interactions with the elemental control spells, which will keep their price point low so that they're more reasonable for other figures who don't get the full benefit that Zatanna does.
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:10 PM

Poison Ivy II

Quote:
NAME = POISON IVY
SECRET IDENTITY = PAMELA ISLEY

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = SEDUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ~170

PLANT ANIMATION 12
After moving and instead of attacking, roll the 20-sided die for all opponents' figures within two spaces of an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece that is within 6 spaces of Poison Ivy, one at a time. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

NATURE'S TOXINS
After taking a turn with Poison Ivy, if Poison Ivy is on a grass or swamp space, or adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, you may either remove one Wound Marker from this card or choose a figure adjacent to Poison Ivy to receive one wound.

MOTHER NATURE
If there is at least 1 Order Marker on this Army Card, figures you control without the Superstrength special move 1 additional space when starting their turn on a grass or swamp space, and roll 1 additional defense die when adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece.

Last edited by Arkham; December 23rd, 2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:12 PM

Alright, shuffling things around a bit, it looks like we're going to move ahead with Poison Ivy II as the next to be designed, and Zatanna II will be delayed a few months.
Old December 13th, 2016, 03:24 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Alright, shuffling things around a bit, it looks like we're going to move ahead with Poison Ivy II as the next to be designed, and Zatanna II will be delayed a few months.
I like that plan. My only concern (and concern isn't even the right word as it's just a thought) is that the +2 defense is going to end up having her costed with figures that will benefit more from that +2 than her thematic tea mates. Not sure if it's acceptable to go with - subtract 1 skull - from the attacker instead of +2 defense for the defender. Then it would have the same effect for all defenders instead of the big boost for counter strike and such figures.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:20 PM

I wouldn't be opposed to making that change, if others are in agreement. Subtracting a skull from an opponent's figure on a grass or swamp space, or adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece. I suppose the same logic is applied either way, the plants are grasping on to the attacker to cause their performance to be hindered, or covering the defender for extra protection.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Counterstrikers still really like knocking a skull off the attacker's roll. In fact, they actually like it better than +2 to their defense, on average. The defense boost gives them a higher potential max damage output, but it's not as reliably good.
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

You could always do it Invisible Woman/Karolina style and make it +1 for most figures but +2 for, say, Outlaws and Thieves to get some of that Sirens theme back in there?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Counterstrikers still really like knocking a skull off the attacker's roll. In fact, they actually like it better than +2 to their defense, on average. The defense boost gives them a higher potential max damage output, but it's not as reliably good.
That was my initial thought as well. Subtracting a skull vs. +2 defense, the +2 defense is chance for additional shields, whereas the subtracting a skull is a guaranteed bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
You could always do it Invisible Woman/Karolina style and make it +1 for most figures but +2 for, say, Outlaws and Thieves to get some of that Sirens theme back in there?
That's true, that's an option on the table. My other thought, if we wanted it to be a bit more broad and useful for more figures, we could make it a flat +1 defense, or +2 defense if the figure does not have Superstrength. This would include Catwoman and Harley, as well as many other Batman rogues that are thematic.

I've also considered making it a +1 movement for the Grass/Swamp spaces, and a +1 Defense when adjacent to Evergreen Trees or Jungle Pieces. To give it a bit more versatility.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy