Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 30th, 2018, 04:20 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
To Be Fair

I thesaurused based more off of the idea of a "second wind" than "desperation" as that was how I was reading the theme, but zealot sounds good to me too.

~Dysole, who does employ multiple methods when trying to come up with a power name
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
If Exxorin takes exactly one wound from an adjacent figure, that figure also receives a wound.
That doesn't work. See my HS Codex article Where Rules Don't Bend as to why. Specifically the second-to-last paragraph.
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:50 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:12 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still think it's a shame that this guy "can't" have a regeneration ability simply because DnD lizardfolk don't. It's exactly the kind of ability this guy could use for staying power and it's a generally well accepted thematic ability of fantasy lizard creatures. It seems much more obvious than spinning it with a theme of desperation.
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
If Exxorin takes exactly one wound from an adjacent figure, that figure also receives a wound.
That doesn't work. See my HS Codex article Where Rules Don't Bend as to why. Specifically the second paragraph.
Just out of curiosity, since I've never really gotten the objection to 'knowing who wounded you powers', is there some reason that the obvious answers to your 'who did the wounds' examples ('the fall', 'wannok', and 'all of the Hounds', respectively) don't work? Like I get that thematically those maybe shouldn't be the answers, but who cares? Mechanically it seems pretty clear to me.

Like I really don't get how a figure knowing if it destroyed/wounds another figure is fine, but it's not fine for a figure to know if another figure destroys/wounds someone. That's the same information, how do you only know it half the time? Especially since one of the examples you gave already exists as an issue. A figure with Life Drain or Bloodlust can get on the Glyph of Wannok just like anyone else, so there needs to be an answer to if they inflict the wound or if Wannok does. If we have an answer to that, how do we not have an answer for a third party caring about where the wound comes from?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
That doesn't work. See my HS Codex article Where Rules Don't Bend as to why. Specifically the second-to-last paragraph.
Out of curiosity, is it possible to word the power in such a way that it would be able to wound the Cather Spearmen when wounded by their Braced Spear ability?
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Intentional that you can kill your own figures to heal the leader?
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:23 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Just out of curiosity, since I've never really gotten the objection to 'knowing who wounded you powers', is there some reason that the obvious answers to your 'who did the wounds' examples ('the fall', 'wannok', and 'all of the Hounds', respectively) don't work? Like I get that thematically those maybe shouldn't be the answers, but who cares? Mechanically it seems pretty clear to me.
The point isn't specific examples, per se. The point is that the game is not designed to care. I can (and have, in similar arguments) come up with perfectly reasonable powers that greatly call into question who is inflicting the wound, or if any figure is at all. It's just not something inherent in the ruleset, and there are already multiple examples where it is either unclear (Wannok, Knockback) or is inflicted by multiple figures (Marro Plague, Zombie Onslaught).
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Out of curiosity, is it possible to word the power in such a way that it would be able to wound the Cather Spearmen when wounded by their Braced Spear ability?
No, I don't think so. If you want to get really technical, Braced Spear doesn't actually indicate the previously unengaged Spearman actually does any damage; it simply says the opposing figure receives a wound. It is, of course, obvious what the implication is. But it goes back to the "Heroscape doesn't always indicate who deals wounds" thing. Unless the power specifically called out Braced Spear, it would have to work generally, and thus would also have to be triggered by less clear powers.
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:35 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

If you wanted shield retaliation ability to work bs Braced spear and the likes, you could just leave it as a wild card choice?

If You are putting exactly one wound maker on his card, you may choose any enemy figure adjacent and thar figure recieves a wound.

-im on my phone, so im being brief

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No, I don't think so. If you want to get really technical, Braced Spear doesn't actually indicate the previously unengaged Spearman actually does any damage; it simply says the opposing figure receives a wound. It is, of course, obvious what the implication is. But it goes back to the "Heroscape doesn't always indicate who deals wounds" thing. Unless the power specifically called out Braced Spear, it would have to work generally, and thus would also have to be triggered by less clear powers.
"When [name] receives a wound from a normal, or special attack from an adjacent figure, or from a power on an adjacent figure's card, that figure receives 1 wound."
Why doesn't this work?
EDIT: wait, the hounds. Okay I can get it. This would only work if it hurt every adjacent Marrden Hound, and would require a ruling clarification.
Old January 30th, 2018, 06:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wow. Fun discussions.

I'm not interested in making the power apply more broadly. It's clean and simple the way it's written, and I like that.

Edit: sorry if this sounded snarky. I think the discussions were perfectly valid and could have added something to the unit if successful. I am willing to abandon that avenue for simplicity's sake.

Last edited by superfrog; January 30th, 2018 at 08:15 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards