Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterm
The boats are pretty big I believe. At least there are some pictures on BGG with a meeple shown for scale.
Dragonslayer, I keep succeeding in talking myself out of the game, but if you continue posting those beautiful pictures I might not make it!
Don't worry, I've "closed the book" on Pirates on the High Seas - at least photographically (though I continue to have fun playing it ) and moved from pirates to coffee...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/...sername=gollum

Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:52 PM

B.t.w. ninth, sorry for highjacking your C&C threads with shooting pirates...

Old July 22nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-Bird
I had this game when I was young and loved it. This is he version I owned.

We would ratchet the rubber bands real tight and then hold the catapults almost perpendicular to the table to release a line drive at the opponent. I'm glad to see this game is back out, although I'm kind of partial to the look of the old set.
Yep, that's the set up in the attic at my parents' house. I gotta get that thing down. But I know some of the weapons are broken. We'd do the rubber bands tight, like you say, and after a while, the little plastic spars underneath would just give out and break off.

That new looking pirate set is beautiful. Do you shoot off the lantern, and wheel and flags, etc, off your opponen'ts ship?

I am sensing a buying frenzy coming on... all for the kids, all for the kids... and a lot of those weapons would be such good seige weapons for Scape... the canons and heavy mortar in the other pirate set especially...

H
Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:13 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-Bird
I had this game when I was young and loved it. This is he version I owned.

We would ratchet the rubber bands real tight and then hold the catapults almost perpendicular to the table to release a line drive at the opponent. I'm glad to see this game is back out, although I'm kind of partial to the look of the old set.
Yep, that's the set up in the attic at my parents' house. I gotta get that thing down. But I know some of the weapons are broken. We'd do the rubber bands tight, like you say, and after a while, the little plastic spars underneath would just give out and break off.

That new looking pirate set is beautiful. Do you shoot off the lantern, and wheel and flags, etc, off your opponen'ts ship?

I am sensing a buying frenzy coming on... all for the kids, all for the kids... and a lot of those weapons would be such good seige weapons for Scape... the canons and heavy mortar in the other pirate set especially...

H
H

I'm checking the Wally world on Wheatly in the next few minutes.. I'll let you know if they've got it (Oh and I got my potter books there as well the other night)

KA

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old July 22nd, 2007, 07:23 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
both of those are neat and look interesting to play
but atlast none at out here at walmart/target, etc

maybe sometime soon
cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
No threadjack detected. It seems to me that all these games are in the same vein. I'm enjoying watching some of you walk down memory lane and absorbing all the info I can about other similar games.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This game looks like fun!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 23rd, 2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homba

H
Yep! To score, you have to trigger an effect - lanterns, figureheads and jolly rogers fall off, the fore mast must be tilted etc.
The game is very short, about 15 minutes - you go for three different victory points which are drawed via cards and kept secret from your opponent. We play with houserules - no shooting at the same target consecutively.

Regarding the scale for the use with HS, I guess it's almost perfect in size...

Old July 23rd, 2007, 03:17 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Wow, thanks for those pics Dragonslayer! Aside from a bit on the cartoonish side, looks like those calls for PirateScape from back in the .net days have an easy answer.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:15 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I had the version of Crossbows and Catapults that was rereleased about the time of Weapons and Warriors in the early '90's. It did not look near as good as this new version!
Old July 23rd, 2007, 11:27 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
i played with my brrother that piraten auf schatzjagt. 2 games basic and advance. very kiddy wie have some rule discusions. but the most fear was the power of the cannon. it is damm strong you can lose your eye.
i hope i can get C&C some wehre, has any some pic from the edition. or look it the same like the old version?
Old July 23rd, 2007, 12:10 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer

Regarding the scale for the use with HS, I guess it's almost perfect in size...
Great photos. Thanks, Dragonslayer!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games