Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 15th, 2010, 01:21 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: 495 point armies

Still debating between:
10+
10th x 4 = 300
Raelin = 80
Iron Golem = 100
Isamu = 10
20 spaces = 490

Armored Knights
Knights of Weston x 3 = 210
Sir Gilbert = 105
Thorgrim = 80
Iron Golem = 100
16 spaces = 495

One Commonality = Iron Golem. He's just awesome. Counter to Q9/dragons if you need it, otherwise cleanup at the end (especially with Knight option if you put Thorgrim's spirit on him)

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 15th, 2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: 10th
Old October 15th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

If your Iggy has countered Q9 well you're having better luck with him than I ever have-I've had Q9 mow down 3 Iron Golems in one game before.

As far as the first army, if I wanted to spend about 100 points ruining my Valiant bonus with a 3-life figure, I'd rather have Brunak-he can tote Raelin around while still attacking, and he gives you an option for dealing with rats.

Of course I wouldn't be worried about a Valiant bonus, since I'd use the Knights.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I meant to say 10th, not 4th. I am definitely leaning that way but the metagame with a lot of melee (goblins, greenscales, D&D heroes) means knights might do well - plus Thorgim's bunus on Iron Golem might just give him that edge.
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
If your Iggy has countered Q9 well you're having better luck with him than I ever have-I've had Q9 mow down 3 Iron Golems in one game before.

As far as the first army, if I wanted to spend about 100 points ruining my Valiant bonus with a 3-life figure, I'd rather have Brunak-he can tote Raelin around while still attacking, and he gives you an option for dealing with rats.

Of course I wouldn't be worried about a Valiant bonus, since I'd use the Knights.
Q9 must be using his regular attack because it'd be very, very hard to lose to his Q-gun with 2 auto shields.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Yup, but with 8 range Q9 can get in a LOT of regular attacks before Iggy can corner him, and if the Major gets height 5 Attack punches through 6 Defense pretty easily and those 3 lives get eaten up fast.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Yup, but with 8 range Q9 can get in a LOT of regular attacks before Iggy can corner him, and if the Major gets height 5 Attack punches through 6 Defense pretty easily and those 3 lives get eaten up fast.
Very true

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

This is a good army-

Stingers x4 240
Nilfheim 425
Marro Warriors 475
Marcu 495

Or you can replace the MW's and Marcu with something else, like the Zettians.
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:11 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
This is a good army-

Stingers x4 240
Nilfheim 425
Marro Warriors 475
Marcu 495

Or you can replace the MW's and Marcu with something else, like the Zettians.
I like this one - everyone should play this tomorrow. I'd like it even more if the Zettians were in for MW/Marcu.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:51 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

I thought of using.....

Strong & Simple
Charos & 4x 4th 490 18 spaces

Red, White, Black & Blue
Wyrms- 3 Red, 3 White, 7 Black & 3 Blue 495 16 spaces

Solider Boys
Marcus, 3x 10th, 2x Warforge Soldiers & Isamu 495 20 spaces

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:44 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This thread hasn’t been active in a while but... I thought of using some armies...

Death Chaser Horde
Death Chasers of Thesk x6
Ogre Warhulk
Isamu
490 points, 21 hexes

Rats and Majors
Deathreavers x4
Major Q9
Major Q10
490 points, 20 hexes

Girl Power
Warriors of Ashra x4
Raelin
Braxas
490 points, 15 hexes
Old November 22nd, 2018, 12:51 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Taelord: 180
Raelin: 80
Omicron Snipers x2: 200
Dumutef guard: 25

Total: 485

Best on mountainous maps with lots of road. Get the team into a good sniping position, and bring out the dumutef to stall and block hexes to keep your snipers safe.

If played right, it is basically just instant death to anything that steps in range. Swarm units and those that can ignore hits (vipers, krav, ninjas) are definitely a threat though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion