Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 4th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I would love to watch Resident Alien, but I don't have access to that level of Hulu, and I'm not adding it to the pile.

Shows I've finished recently:

Wayne (Prime; 1 season) ~ Wild, unpredictable, violent story of an unusual young person. Reminds me of The End of the F@#$ing World, and also of Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.

Rake (Netflix; 5 seasons) ~ Australian show, featuring a rakish criminal defense attorney. It leads to a noticeably satisfying series conclusion (though I don't know if there's a Season 6 in the works). Early guest stars include Hugo Weaving and Sam Neill, and if you didn't get to the Sam Neill episode, you're really missing something. Combination of Californication and Boston Legal, but set in Australia.

Get Shorty (Prime; 3 seasons) ~ TV show riffing on the movie (which, in turn, was based on a book by Elmore Leonard) about a likeable gangster who stumbles into a career making movies in Hollywood. It's more brutal than the movie was, and of course it's a slower pace. It features a fun role for Ray Romano. Combination of Get Shorty (the movie), The Player (Robert Altman film featuring Tim Robbins), and Fargo.

I really liked all three of these and encourage you to check them out if my blurbs tempt you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 12th, 2021, 07:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

CW Flash fans: I was surprised to recognize a face as the fictional father of Cisco's love interest from an alternate universe on the cover of a book advertised on a Barnes & Noble post this morning, and it was so interesting I share it here:

"For the first time, the full, fascinating, and inspirational true story of Danny Trejo’s journey from crime, prison, addiction, and loss to unexpected fame as Hollywood’s favorite bad guy with a heart of gold.
On screen, Danny Trejo the actor is a baddie who has been killed at least a hundred times. He’s been shot, stabbed, hanged, chopped up, squished by an elevator, and once, was even melted into a bloody goo. Off screen, he’s a hero beloved by recovery communities and obsessed fans alike. But the real Danny Trejo is much more complicated than the legend.
Raised in an abusive home, Danny struggled with heroin addiction and stints in some of the country’s most notorious state prisons, including San Quentin and Folsom, from an early age, before starring in such modern classics as Heat, From Dusk till Dawn, and Machete. Now, in this funny, painful, and suspenseful memoir, Danny takes us through the incredible ups and downs of his life, including meeting one of the world’s most notorious serial killers in prison and working with legends like Charles Bronson and Robert DeNiro.
In honest, unflinching detail, Danny recounts how he managed the horrors of prison, rebuilt himself after finding sobriety and spirituality in solitary confinement, and draws inspiration from the adrenaline-fueled robbing heists of his past for the film roles that made him a household name. He also shares the painful contradictions in his personal life. Although he speaks everywhere from prison yards to NPR about his past to inspire countless others on their own road to recovery and redemption, he struggles to help his children with their personal battles with addiction, and to build relationships that last.
Redemptive and painful, poignant and real, Trejo is a portrait of a magnificent life and an unforgettable and exceptional journey through tragedy, pain, and, finally, success that will transfix and inspire."
Old February 19th, 2021, 08:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watched Cobra Kai season 3 and enjoyed it.

On season 2 of Peaky Blinders. My second time watching the series. Awesome series.

Just finished today's episode of Wandavision. Brilliant show.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 26th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just finished episode 8 of WandaVision. This show is so ridiculously awesome.

Old March 1st, 2021, 09:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

I'm watching Tribes of Europe on Netflix. Just starting episode 3.

It's a German show but in English. Futuristic post apocalyptic stuff. I'm digging it so far.

Last edited by Hahma; March 1st, 2021 at 10:29 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 08:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds like something I would enjoy.
Will keep an eye open for that.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 09:52 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Just started watching based on your recommendation. Binged on I think the first 6 straight.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 10:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Just started watching based on your recommendation. Binged on I think the first 6 straight.
The last 2 really bring it home. Glad you like it, I'm assuming you do since you watched 6 episodes

Old March 5th, 2021, 12:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Today I'm expecting the delivery of the last two 3 disk DVD sets of Vikings I don't have, which are Season 5 Volume 2 and Season 6 Volume 1 from Barnes & Noble. The final set will be Season 6 Volume 2, which was broadcast a month or so ago; and not out on DVD yet.

While I've seen the ones I'm getting now once, the show switched from the History Channel to a streaming service I don't have for the final volume, so when it finally arrives it will be new to me! Cool. While the show is not as good as it once was, I still enjoy it. The last shows delved into the Rus, a particular interest of mine, who were the Swedish Vikings who consolidated the Slavs living in the East and formed a trading network down to Constantinople in what would be later known as Russia. The last DVD set I ordered was actually cheaper than the one before it, which is okay with me!

The sequel will be Vikings Valhalla, which will be set a hundred years later, and tell the story of the most famous Norsemen of that final Viking Era, like Leif Ericsson and Harald Hardrada.
Old March 5th, 2021, 02:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I didn't know they switched that show out from History to a streaming service. I was wondering when it was going to air. What a dumb idea. I agree the show isn't as good as it was when it started, but still good enough to see it through to the end. I've looked up some of the real history of the characters and I know Boneless became a king in Ireland at one point, it's too bad we won't ever get that far into his story. The Russian story is interesting to me though.
Old March 5th, 2021, 11:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Series finale (episode 9) of WandaVision was fabulous!

Stay for the post credit scenes.

Last edited by Hahma; March 6th, 2021 at 02:47 AM.
Old March 7th, 2021, 05:45 AM

I also enjoyed that in Vikings Ivar was briefly on the Silk Road, which was the trade route from Russia all the way to China. Today on the border of Western China there is a statue of a Roman Legion officer and an Ancient Chinese officer exchanging martial arts salutes with each other!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV