Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old July 10th, 2020, 04:23 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Workbook of Ugluk - Design (Fellowship B)

NAME = Ugluk

GENERAL = UTGAR
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Leader
PERSONALITY = Merciless
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5?

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 120

(More definitive powers)

URUK OF THE WHITE HAND
When Ugluk rolls an attack against a human figure add 1 additional attack die.

SARUMAN'S COMMAND
All Orcs and Uruk-Hai you control may move an additional space. Ugluk is not affected by Sauroman's Command.

(Other possible powers)

GET IN LINE
When an Orc or Uruk-Kai rolls a 20-sided die and they are within 4 clear sight spaces of Ugluk you may add 1 to that roll. After the roll has been made you may place a wound marker on Ugluk and reroll the 20-sided die for that power but you must keep the new result.

KEEP MOVING
At the end of the round you may choose up to 4 Orcs or Uruk-hai that you control within clear sight of Ugluk and move them each 1 space. Any figures moved by Keep Moving will take any leaving engagement attacks.

ORDERS OF THE WHITE HAND
After taking a turn with Ugluk you may reveal the X order marker on him and if you do then take a turn with any friendly Orc or Uruk-Hai squad.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; August 8th, 2020 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Set Class=Leader & Points=120
Old July 10th, 2020, 04:24 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Workbook of Ugluk - Design (Fellowship B)

[Reserved]
Old July 12th, 2020, 02:09 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am a fan of the statline on this guy. He is tough and reflects what a bulky Orc leader should be. 6 life is going to ensure that he survives for quite a while, even against other good melee units. He also makes the Orcs of Valhalla look a little tame, which I'm fine with. If he gets to testing with that statline I'm going to assume that he is probably 100 - 120 point figure which could justify either 2 or 3 powers at the same time.

If he lands in that ballpark then I feel like we should consider Orders of the White Hand or some power that places wounds on him, some sort of brutality themed power perhaps.
Old July 15th, 2020, 01:34 PM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

I check on official LotR sources and it said that Uglúk is a Captain in the army and he is merciless in battle. I think that we should use this. 120 points is a great starting point for this figure.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old July 15th, 2020, 01:57 PM

I like merciless - I agree it's a good textual fit and it doesn't cause any bonding / boosting issues that I'm aware of. I'll update the OP to be 'Merciless'.

Regarding 'Captain' - I don't know of any classic figures that have this class. Are there any C3V that do? From this list:
https://heroscape.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Class
The closest fit I see is "Leader", which also fits and doesn't cause any bonding issues.

Thoughts on "Leader" v. "Captain" v. [Other]?
Old July 15th, 2020, 09:51 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel that it's fine to use tanks as a class when they have leadership authority. At the same time SGT Drake just has his built into his name.

I'm good with Leader, perhaps Commander (it's a title given to certain modern captains).
Old August 8th, 2020, 07:25 PM

To sum up the previous discussion, I've gone ahead and made the following changes:
- set points to 120
- set class = leader

I have an idea for a 3rd power for Ugluk that combines his "brutality" that we've been trying to capture with conditional bonding, which we do not have in any orc hero to date. Here's the power:

ORC BRUTALITY INSPIRATION
When Ugluk destroys a figure, you may immediately take a turn with any orc army card you control. Any figure activated during this turn must begin their turn within 4 clear sight spaces of Ugluk.

Wording could probably use some work, but I think this gets the idea across as a starting point. Might need to increase his points a bit (140?) if we add this power.
Old August 9th, 2020, 02:41 PM

Yes, Orc Brutality inspiration communicates aggression, command and control over his hostile forces. I like that one a lot.

The 140 point range could see justification, simply for the fact that this guy is morphing into a unit that has some Marcus Demacius vibes for me. Definitely useful and says "pick me for Orcs." Which I like a lot.

I'll think if I can help clean up that wording any, for now it's very clear what the intent is.
Old September 16th, 2020, 11:55 AM

@MasterScaper1 any thoughts on this new power idea ("Orc Brutality Inspiration")? I like the idea of having something like this and increasing the point value up a bit. Really a "General" for the Uruk build similar to Shiftrex's comparison to Marcus.

I think this card is a little less far along than Lurtz, but that's because it's more important to fit Ugluk into the core Uruk-Hai build, whereas Lurtz seems like he'll be more of a stand-alone-ish hero (which I'm fine with) with only minor boosting.
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:40 PM

Wish we could just upvote a post.

This guy will definitely set the precedent for where we need to bring any future Uruk-hai cards. I like the tone he sets though and after coming back from our break with a fresh look... I like the inclusion of that third power. Reminds me of another B-rank faction that I like a lot, the Durgeth Ravagers which has a similar tone to the aggression we want.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs