Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old October 16th, 2011, 06:25 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Peoria NHSD#3 Battle Reports

Hey all,Please post your battle Reports from the Peoria NHSD Tournament.I'm working on mine right now!

This was My first Tournament,So I had NO IDEA I would do that well....Here's My battle Reports.

My army,Cyprien,Sonya,Stingersx5

Round one.

Tonner's army,Raelin (ROTV),Sir Gilbert,Eldgrim,Kowsx2,4th Massx2

We played on the BOV map "Broken Skyline" With 2 random glyphs.

I started advancing Stingers up the road,While Tonner sent Eldgrim out to take a glyph(Defense +1),And some Kows up the middle road.
Stingers and Knights exchanged a few casualties while Gilbert moved up.Some stinger's managed to knock Eldgrim(Spirit went to Raelin) of the glyph,But a knight quickly took it back.Cyprien flew in,landing on the middle tower ladder and killed a few Kows.Tonner brought up Raelin to protect his Knights.Cyprien flew in and killed 2 4th mass to heal himself,then ran over to try to take out Raelin and put 2 wounds on her,But was quickly overrun by knights and 4th mass.The knights just kept on killing stingers and I managed to take out a few knights.but they were almost unstoppable with the extra defense from the glyph.A knight uncovered the massive curse glyph,and a stinger and a 4th Mass died.Finally my stingers managed to rally and eventually took out Gilbert.At this point I had about 5 stingers and a heartbroken Sonya,Against a three life Raelin,5 4th Mass and around 4 knights.My stingers managed to put 2 more wounds on Raelin and take out all but the Glyph holding knight,and 4 4th Mass,But now I only had 2 stingers left and Sonya.I killed Raelin,but he killed another stinger.Mylast stinger killed the 2nd to last 4th mass and then won Initiative and killed the last one.tonner lost a turn on his dead 4th mass. and my last stinger took out the glyph holding Knight.

1-0

I'll get the rest up as soon as I can.

Round 2.

Legoboy's army,Nilfheim,Eldgrim,Kowsx4

We played on the BOV map "Fire Isles" with 2 random glyphs.

Legoboy immediately charged up with Eldgrim and the Knights,While I tried to set up a defensive position with my stingers.I killed a stinger on my first drain and Legoboys knights killed another.One of his knights revealed the revive glyph(nothing happened) and he took down a few more stingers.I was rolling horribly and managed to kill only one knight,and his knights took out more stingers.One of his knights stepped on the defense +1 glyph.through the next two rounds I lost four more stingers to drain and all the rest got killed by Eldgrim and the knights,Though I did take out Eldgrim(spirit went to Nilf) and one more knight (I was having HORRIBLE rolls)I started with Cyp now and legoboy brought out Nilf.I flew Cyp in and one shotted Nilf with a 20.then Legoboys knights couldn't catch Cyp.I just flew around and took out the last 14 Knights!(some Knights did take out Sonya)

Round 3.

Samuelfrost4's army,Sgt.Drake(SOTM),Raelin(ROTV),Snipersx2,Tarns.

We played on the BOV map "Marr Highway"

Sam brought his snipers up and took the small hills on his side of the map,While I advanced all my stingers in one massive swarm.Sam brought raelin up to support his snipers,while I kept advancing my stingers as a group.Eventually he made a fatal mistake,and switched order m,arkers to the tarns trying to get them in front of raelin.But my road boosted stingers rushed in and killed raelin before the tarns could protect her.The stingers and snipers traded casualties and I also killed a few tarns.By the time all my stingers were dead,he was down to 2 snipers and 2 tarns.I started advancing cyprien,and his snipers killed the last 2 tarns so I couldn't snack on them.Cyprien rushed in and took out the snipers(they did manage to put 2 wounds on him but I life drained)Sam then brought up drake and tried to shoot Cyprien with his pistol but missed,I then flew over to Drake and rolled a 20 for Chill touch.

I'll get the rest up as soon as I can.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; October 19th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old October 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Peoria NHSD#3 Battle Reports

Before I get into my battles, I had a great time playing, thanks to Ryougabot for hosting, and thanks to GFF for giving us such an awesome place to play.

I deliberated long and hard on which army to bring, and finally decided upon a strong defensive army with a big powerful and hopefully speedy hero. With that in mind, I brought along Nilfheim, Eldgrim and Knights of Weston x4 (ok, I only took KoW's x3, I borrowed the last group from Mac122. Thanks again, dude.)

My plan was for Eldgrim and the Knights to go out and thin my opponents' ranks a little, then once Shorty dies, my 7 move dragon could swoop in and help polish off the rest of the enemy. Battle reports are below, if I messed up on someone's army, I apologize.

Match 1 vs. (not sure if he had an online name) on Arctic Divide (deep snow and slippery ice)

My opponent brought Cyprien, Krug and Stingers x3. I thought that the snow and ice would be my downfall since the bulk of my army has a move of 4. The kid brought Cyprien straight up against Nilfheim in my start zone where the dragon and a couple of height enhanced knights were able to make quick work of him. The other knights truged up and over the snow and ice to deny Krug from getting onto the same level as they were. The potent stingers whittled away at the knights, but fell to the dragon and eventually, dragon and knights polished off Krug.

Match2 vs. Boromir 96 on Fire Isles

Boromir briught Cyprien, Sonya and Stingers x5. This map was made for Cyprien and Boromir used every bit of cunning to work the vampire to his fullest. Boromir had Stinger Drain kill him 5 different times in this match. By the time his Stingers were dead, all I had lost were a pair of Knnights and Eldgrim. A speed enhanced NIlfheim jumped into the fray to work on the vampires. And then disaster struck. Cyprien jumped out, chilled the ice dragon with one casual roll of the d20 and then proceeded to feast on the blood of 14 additional knights. I think at one time, I had given the vampire 4 wounds, but he just kept coming back. He'd lfit across the board, never landing in a spot where more than 2 knights could attack him.

Match 3 vs (all I know is his last name) on Swamp Thing

My opponent brought out Tor-Kul-Na, Isamu, Stingers x3 and Nagrubs x3. My knights took to the edges of the map while his Stingers went through the middle. I tried to hide when I could, and limit the number of attacks he could make as I closed in. I had to bring in Nilfheim earlier than I wanted to or get shredded. Nilfheim stayed on the perimeter which kept him higher than Opponent's forces. I worked over some Stingers and the occasional shot at Tor-Kul-Na and the 'Grubs. Once Tor-Kul-Na got to the Knights, he trampled every one he encountered. It wasn't pretty. I was finally able to bring the Hivelord down as I split a pair of knights who had Tor-Kul-Na against the edge of the map. Tor-Kul-Na moved to trample one of them, disengaging from the other. Both disengaging dice found their mark and saved me from utter disaster.

Round 4 vs Jetjake on Ticalla Sunrise

Jetjake brought Cyprien, Marcu, Phantoms x3 and Stingers x3. I don't remember much about this game right now, except that I had discovered the wind glyph and had to keep a knight or two close by to keep Jetjake from putting a Stinger on it and keeping Nilfheim from flying all over it. I was able to avoid the chilling touch, and whittle down the Stingers. He brought Phantoms out lastly, but they weren't much use against the defensive minded knights.

Round 5 vs Infectedsloth on Marr Highway

Sloth came at me with a different build than I had seen all day: Cyprien, a Fen Hydra, Sonya, Drow Chainfighter, Marcu and Phantoms x2. I was able to jump his Hydra with Knights boosted by the movement glyph, plus a road movement glyph and take off two heads before the beast could begin attacking me. Cyprien jumped into the fray only to be hunted down by Nilfheim and the Knights, Marcu turned on his master, attacking and wounding someone (not sure who) and perishing before he could hurt my troops. In the end, I surrounded Sonya with Knights and Ice Sharded (?) her from afar with the dragon.

I went 4-1 on the day, losing only to Boromir, who finished 2nd. I missed winning my faction by one SoS point. I had a great time playing, was happy to bring Ryougabot's synergy chart home with me. It'll go on the wall at school for my club members to use. I also brought home Ryougabot's 'Scape CD and can't wait to listen. Thanks to everyone who played, and I hope to do it again next year, maybe even dragging a son or two along.

Oh, for everyone who asked about the dice, they were ordered from Chessex.
Old October 17th, 2011, 01:51 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

kevindola’s battle report

My Army
185 Zelrig
300 10th Regiment of the Foot x4
485 Point Total

We played faction wars last year and My Zelrig Einar army went 6-0 en route to winning the championship. That year I brought Z, 10th x 3, and had Crixus for gladiator support. In only one match last year was Crixus useful and then only marginally so, so I decided to burn the extra 15 points and take a 4th squad of England’s finest anti-revolutionary boys. Then see if Z and the 10th could do it again.

Round 1: vs. briaka (#???, 2-3)
Army: Nakita Agents, Krav Maga Agents, Dund, Mika Connour, Black Wyrmling x 2
Map: Burial Marsh
Glyphs: Move +2, Summoning, Move +2

First Round and I’m facing an army with NO unique squads. Zelrig was feeling a little disappointed but we must carry on. Briaka took initiative and sent out his baby Braxi out to claim some glyphs. Glyph #1 was move +2, this allowed the wyrmling’s twin brother to have enough oomph to get glyph #2 which was….another move +2. Super speedy Vydar army forthcoming. My #1 sent Zelrig out to the NE perched on height and sent a Z bomb into his base targeting Mika and 2 Kravs. My 1/3 produced no damage however. Turn #2 saw the Wyrmlings go again and claim Glyph #3 it was the summoning glyph. Used to bring forth a Nakita Agent. My 10th moved out next and fired upon the wyrmling taking one down. The nakitas responded by hitting Zelrig for a wound and killing a 10th Reg. The end of the round saw smoke powder fail, and a Nakita goes down, as does the last of the Wyrmlings.
The 10th Regiment take over from here for me. I claim one of the move glyphs and use the road to tie up some Kravs and spear them with the bayonet. Dund makes an appearance, but his crippling gaze (which would have been devastating for my all order markered up 10th Regiment) fails twice. The bayonets eventually take down Dund. I lose some more 10th but the move glyph with the road on this map proves very valuable as I am able to quickly engage Kravs, and the smoke powder only hit once. Mika gets tied up and is unable to use any fancy shadow tricks even on this shadow map. Mika takes down a few more 10th regiment and puts a few wound on Zelrig, but eventually…and I mean it takes a while, Mika succumbs to the firing squad.

Casualties: 7 10th Regiment were lost, 4 wounds on Zelrig

Round 2: vs. Jonathan (briaka’s son) (#X, Y-Z)
Army: Major Q9, Krav Maga Agents, Microcorp Agents x 2, Otanoshi
Map: Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh
Glyphs: Massive Curse, Move +2

I’m taking the tour of Marshes today as I go from Burial Marsh to the Pine Tree Marsh…or at least what’s left of it as it appears to be in ruins. Oh No! Q9. I did not have to face Q9 last year and was glad for it, but now after facing a unique heavy Vydar army. I have to do it again while squaring off against Q9.
Jonathan claims the first initiative and sends the 10 move Otanoshi over to the first glyph. Massive Curse (I hate this glyph), now we roll for the 29 figures on the board. Otanoshi herself is killed with a 1, as well as one of the Microcorp agents. I lose 1 10th regiment to the curse, but the big boys are spared. Zelrig flies out cautiously on turn 1. Q9 enters the fray in turn 2, but his Queqlix fails to find the mark on the heightened Zelrig. I contemplate ignoring Q9 to go for the microcorp in the base, but decide that the Major must be dealt with. Zelrig claims height against Q9 in the center of the map, but his 3 skull bite is blocked. Q9 manages 1 wound to the heighted Zelrig on his final turn, and Zelrig’s teeth bite again this time hitting Q9 for a wound.
Round 2 sees the 10th regiment come out as well as the Kravs and the Microcorp. Kravs claim a big move glyph which help the microcorp take height. Zelrig takes a few more wounds, but the all 10th regiment assault with height and wait then fire takes down Q9 by the end of the round.
The bayonets end the Kravs reign on the move glyph and the 10th regiment take over on the move booster. The Microcorp and Kravs continue to take down 10th here and there while pinging Zelrig. Eventually though, the move boosted 10th regiment are able to gain height or bayonet. And the microcorp are not rolling for their armor. They all fall as the 10th regiment are able to overrun the remaining agents.
This was a good match. I thought the heighten agents were going to be too much for the 10th to get to, but Zelrig still on the board was able to draw some fire away from the 10th and let them get close enough to use their bayonets. Great match.

Casualties: 6 10th Regiment were lost, 5 wounds on Zelrig

Round 3: vs. infectedsloth (#X, 3-2)
Army: Cyprien, Sonya, Fen Hydra, Phantom Knights x 2, Marcu, Drow Chainfighter
Map: Mole Hills
Glyphs: Removed with agreement from opponent

Sloth sent out his Phantom Knights first. Zelrig flew in to meet them but whiffed on his first Majestic fire, allowing the targeted Phantom to gain height and ping him for a wound. Zelrig was able to take one out (honest to goodness, this was his first kill of the tournament…don’t know how I won 2 matches with Zelrig not making a single kill), as the Hydra advanced and then the 10th.
Somewhat of a blur, the next turn saw a few more Phantoms go down and a few more wounds on Zelrig as the Phantoms pounded on him. The Hydra moved into striking distance.
Round 3 saw the Hydra finish off Zelrig with his 4 attacks, but it was costly as some heighted 10th regiment shot off 2 heads. Hydra moves in deeper and takes out a 10th but doesn’t survive another barrage. A phantom knights goes down too, leaving 2 of them.
Round 4 sees the Phantom knights take out some 10th and Cyprien move into striking range. The 10th regiments wait then fire does not manage to take down the 2 remaining phantoms despite the wait then fire. The range bonus and height is too good.
Round 5 was the clincher. I had about 12 10th remaining when Cyprien swoops in and takes down 1. The wait then fire counterattack puts 3 wounds on the vampire. He flies in deep trying to take out 2 10th but another failed CT and a failed attack leaves him at 3 wounds, and the 10th counterstrike hits him hard felling him and the 5th phantom knight.
Round 6 has the 10th finishing off the last Phantom Knight. And Marcu coming into the party. He takes down a 10th regiment reducing me to 10, but Eternal Hatred activates and I plop him in the water where 4 attacks of 4 from the 10th finish him off.
The rest of the game is the chainfighter and Sonya getting taken out, although the Chainfighter does take down 2 more 10th to score infectedsloth another 75 points.
This was an intense match. Some great rolling taking down Cyprien early was really crucial because Zelrig didn’t do hardly anything. The Hydra getting taken down without being able to do much after killing Zelrig was huge too.

Casualties: Zelrig, 8 10th Regiment

Round 4: vs. Tomrza44 (#3, Jandar Champ, 4-1)
Army : Omnicron Snipers x 5
Map: Embattled Fen
Glyphs: Exposed Wound Glyph

Very poor matchup for Tomas. And on top of that, it was a bad map for his snipers too, as this is a very flat map. Zelrig wins initiative and on the second turn, (after surviving a few potshots from the sniper) is able to score a Z-Bomb into the starting zone wiping out 3 Snipers. Z takes a few wounds after the snipers take height on the level 3 zone on the top of the map, but he retreats south taking out a 4th sniper. Tomas also sends a sniper in the height above my base and takes out some 10th.
Round 2 has Zelrig taking out 3 more snipers while absorbing another wound or 2. The 10th finally take out the pestering sniper after he had taken out 3.
Zelrig goes down in round 3, but this leaves 6 snipers vs. 13 10th regiment. Despite height, the 10th are able to charge at the snipers and even take down 1 of them with the wound glyph. Eventually the snipers are overrun. Too many whiffs from them and it was as tough map and matchup.

Casualties: Zelrig, 6 10th Regiment

Round 5: vs. Boromir96 (#2, Utgar Champ, 4-2)
Army: Cyprien, Sonya, Stingers x 5
Map: Invasion

Boromir and I were the last two undefeated people at 4-0. I was nervous about this map, because the jungle could allow his figures to get the extra defense against Majestic fire. Plus Cyprien could always put a hurt on you. This was the second game facing Cyprien and I felt I got luck the first time.
I win initiative and send out Zelrig. Some Stinger advance but Z blocks. My second move since Zelrig to the barricaded 7 spaced tile right above his base. The Z bomb takes out 3 stingers in his base, though Sonya blocks. Cyprien is #2 and fails his CT, but hits for a wound. Zelrig retreats (disengage miss) slightly on turn 3 and takes out a 4th stinger. Cyprien double fails.
Round 2 sees Zelrig again disengage (miss) and firebomb another 3 stingers in the base. Zelrig takes another wound or two before retreating. He takes out another couple of stinger, leaving his death toll at 10 (maybe 9) stingers. The 10th start to advance, and as they do Cyprien after 3 CT fails, hits Z with a 20. Dead dragon. Thankfully he had already put a huge dent in the stinger force.
Cyprien skirmishes with the 10th regiment for a while. He has height and jungle from attacks from my starting zone. I am reluctant to move them and lose the wait then fire bonus, but Cyprien is able to eat a few stragglers. Finally, Cyprien retreats with 3 wounds on him and having eaten some 10th.
The remaining 5-6 stinger come out advancing north. I send some 10th regiment that way to meet them, but send another south to encroach on the retreated Cyprien. The stingers and 10th trade casualties, but the 10th are more numerous. The single soldier I sent at Cyprien hits him for his 4th wound.
The stingers try to back up Cyprien, but the jungle now works for the 10th and they hold off the attacks. On the final turn of that round, Cyprien succumbs to wait then fire, the stingers aren’t far behind, and Sonya can only cry as her true love perished.
Zelrig broke the stinger force which is really what would win me this match. If Cyprien had hit the 20 CT on Z on his first try instead of his 4th try…..well I don’t think the British flag would have been waving at the end.

Casualties: Zelrig, 7 10th Regiment

Tournament Championship: vs. Boromir96 (#2, Utgar Champ, 4-2)
Army: Cyprien, Sonya, Stingers x 5
Map: Ember Canyon Road

There were 3 people sitting at 4-1 after the 5th round. Boromir96, Tomrza44, and legoboy. I hadn’t played legoboy yet (Nilfheim and Knights army), but my opponent for the championship was chosen by Strength of Schedule tiebreaker, and that turned out to be Boromir96. So after using a d20 to decide the championship map, we started setting up on Ember Canyon Road for a rematch
I won initiative and Zelrig Fired off a Majestic Fire into his base that wiped out 4 stingers. The stingers counter attacked but missed. Zelrig responded by destroying another 3 Stingers. This time though a stinger drain and 4/4 attack with a 0/5 defense put 4 hearty wounds on Zelrig. He retreated to the road to avoid the lava roll, but still killed an 8th stinger.
Round 2 say Zelrig take down a 9th stinger before succumbing. Cyprien became involved at this point and tried some funny business in my base. He retreated though after taking 3 wounds and only killed a few 10th regiment. This time he didn’t have the jungle cover and wasn’t as sturdy. The next advantage this map gave to my army presented itself as the 10th regiment were able to use their higher range from atop the mountains to better against the stingers. Eventually there were only 2 stingers left, Cyprien, and Sonya, vs. 13 10th Regiment. Cyprien ate one of his own Stingers to heal himself to 3 life and flew in to give a last stand against the 10th. He double failed of course and the 10th Regiment bayoneted him back to the underworld. The lone stinger managed to take down a 10th, but they charged the canyon and eliminated the stinger and the Wife.
I really couldn’t have asked for a better map against Boromir’s army. The 10th being able to outrange the stingers and Zelrig getting starting zone blasts off on turn 1 were the critical points of this match. Boromir gave me two good games, and I know I’ll have my work cut out facing him next year.

Casualties: Zelrig, 4 10th Regiment

Summary: Zelrig and the 10th took back to back General Wars Tournament Championships in Peoria, and I was quite happy with how they played. I was nervous against some of my opponents who didn’t lean on squads, but the 10th took up the slack and then some when that occurred. Again, there were a lot of new faces at the tournament which is great to see, and I look forward to seeing them all again next year or hopefully sooner. Rumor is that General Wars won’t be back next year, so Z and the 10th maybe be put on the shelf, but they’ll always be lurking ready to return when called upon
Old October 17th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My army: Braxas, Evar Scarcarver, & Gorillanators X2.

Game 1: vs. Mac122.
His army: Death chasers of Thesk X2, Fyorlag spiders X2, Wyvern X2, and blue wyrmling X2.
Braxas went in and took down some orcs, while the Gorillas grabbed height. Evar Scarcarver charged, and after 2 or 3 rounds all he had left was 2 orcs and 2 spiders. Braxas took down 1 orc and the spiders, but this one orc survived like three times being acid breathed. After the orc dealt Braxas five damage, he finally died. Mac took down 4 Gorillanators over the whole game. I'll have the next game up later.
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My army: KoW x2, 4th Mass x2, Gilbert, Eldgrim, Raelin

Battle #1 Boromir96 (Stingers x5, Sonya, Cyprien) on Broken Skyline

I won the initiative and put the first marker on the knights. Eldgrim rushed out and overextended, reaching the glyph nearest to my start zone on his first turn. It was the attack glyph. I then slowly advanced my knights and 4th, while Boromir advanced Cyprien. Cyprien and the knights got tangled up in a battle, and Cyprien took out one or two knights and a couple 4th before the attack glyph amped knights brought down the vampire lord. Sonya was heartbroken, leaving her nearly dead. The knights and Raelin advanced forward, but stinger drain and overall good playing on boromir's part allowed him to come back from the loss of Cyprien. Fast forward to the end of the game, where he had two stingers and a one life sonya, and I had a two life Raelin, a 4th, and a Knight holding the attack glyph. Boromir won the intitave and killed my 4th, and I lost two turns, giving him ample time to slay Raelin and the KoW.

Record: 0-1

Battle #2

Facing LangfordRocks:
Phantom Knights x3, Moltenclaw, Marro Warriors, Zettian Guards on Ember Canyon Road

This was not a good map for my army. The lava at the top would make the 4th retaining a height and wait then fire bonus impossible. Furthermore, this height COULD be retained by Moltenclaw due to his Lava Resistance. Also, the Phantom Knights could just fly over the hills in the middle. My troops all had to walk around. I opened the game up as usual, with Eldgrim heading for the nearest glyph. It was the glyph of defense. The phantom knights swarmed him and grabbed a glyph along the way (some sort of dud, it was abandoned and not used again) but he held up against their attacks. I advanced the 4th up the canyon side, but Moltenclaw and the Phantom Knights swarmed over there. The phantom knights range defense of eight was too much for the 4ths measly two or three attack dice, and I was forced to engage them. I probably killed about two squads of them as he killed away most of my army. Eventually, his phantom knights fell due to lava damage and whiffs, and Moltenclaw finally retreated. At this time, I believe I had Gilbert, Raelin, 2 Knights and 1 4th Mass. I moved across the road with my remaining brave soldiers, knowing that time would be called soon. The Marro warriors fell to the knights, until only one was left. The Zettians attempted to pick off the knights, but only one died due to Raelins aura of protection. The last 4th died, leaving me with only Raelin, Gilbert, and one knight. As we began our next round, time was called. We were allowed to play our number one markers. Mine was on the Knights. Quickly calculating point totals, I realized that he was just barely edging me out. My lone knight charged up the hill with some help from Jandar's Dispatch, and took down the final Marro warrior. I won on points, 260-240. I DEFINITELY got a lucky break there. He had a better army and played much better than I did, and I hadn't even touched his dragon yet.

Record: 1-1

Battle #3: Another unknown username player but he played:
Q10, Krav, Heirloom, Blastatrons, and the Iron Golem on Fire Isles

He won the first initiative and sent out Q10. Q10 shot down Eldgrim immediately. There went my glyph grabbing plan. The knights instead bonded this time with Sir Gilbert, who rolled a decent Jandar's Dispatch to send the knights to confront Q10. No wounds on him yet, but I had a two knights that could attack him there. He moved out a couple Krav, and I moved out a couple 4th. I won the next initiative and shot down two of the Krav with the 4th, due to some very unlucky rolling on his part. I hacked away at Q10 for the rest of the round with 4 Knights and Gilbert, but it would take awhile for him to eventually fall. The Iron Golem and the Blasts came out next. The Iron Golem cut through the lava river in the middle, and the 4th wait then fired him into oblivion. The Blastatrons sent two of their ranks adjacent to my knights, and two stayed down low for the targeting bonus. They killed one knight before they all died themselves. Heirloom came out as a last stand, and I didn't really know how to handle him very well, never playing against him before. His force orb attacked killed four or five 4th and Knights before he finally fell. (Just a note, a lot of these individual fights happened at the same time, but due to the nature of the battle report, it's hard to switch back and forth for every single attack)

Record: 2-1

Battle #4: EvarScarcarver:
Braxas. Gorrillanators x2, and Evar Scarcarver on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh

I had heard bad things about the Gorrillas, but never played with or against them myself so once again I didn't know what to expect. For that matter, I never played against Evar Scarcarver either, but he didn't even have to leave the starting zone. I opened up the game with my usual Eldgrim glyph grabbing, which turned out to be a Resurrection glyph. The knights moved out into the middle of the battle. He sent out three gorillas and Braxas right at the beginning and I never really recovered from that first wave of death. Braxas acid breathed at least eight 4th and Knights, along with Gilbert. (By the way, Braxas was acid breathing figures unadjacent when she was engaged with one. I asked him about this and he said it was perfectly legal. Is it?) The Gorillas killed four or five on their own, but they were mainly distractions. Their height and auto-defense against special attacks distracted me for quite a while. Eventually, Raelin and the couple remaining knights took down the big dragon, but the Gorrillas cleaned up the field and took out everything else. By the end of the game, I only had killed Braxas and two Gorillinators.

Record: 2-2

Once again, I'll finish it up if I have time.

Last edited by vegietarian18; October 22nd, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:40 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This was my first tournament so I had no idea what to expect. My army was Cyprien, Sonya, Fen Hydra, Phantom Knights X2, Marcu and Drow Chainfighter, I was happy with my army and how it played.

Round #1 opponent: Captain Canuck
Opponents army: Zelrig, Crixus, 10th regiment X3
Map: Ember Canyon Road

I led out with Phantom Knights while his 10th took height. I grabbed the wound glyph and his 10th was destroyed but I lost my Knight to lava, this happened twice in the first two rounds. By now I had lost most of my Knights and Captain Canuck was down about 6 10th regiment. I moved my hydra to the middle of the map then engaged and destroyed a couple 10th, but it came at a cost, the next turn wait and fire put two wounds on my hydra. At the end of the round he lost two 10th regiment to lava. I sent out Cyprien and he engaged Crixus and Zelrig who had not moved from the starting zone. Cyprien chilling touched crixus while attacking the renaming 10th reg to get the lives back that crixus was putting on him. Cyprien finished off crixus, and Zelrig disengaged and finished off Fen Hydra.Cyprien and Zelrig attack each other until time was called leaving a wounded Cyprien and a full Sonya versus a wounded Zelrig giving me the win 205 to 185.

Round #2 opponent: myheartshakes
Opponents army: Brave Arrow, Mohicans, Spiders X2, Sujoah, Rhogar
Map: Ticalla Sunrise

I had never played on a map with jungle or swamp on it, or played with any of the figures he was using, so I knew this could be tricky. I moved my Phantoms out to take height and he moved the spiders and Sujoah up, we each lost a couple spider/phantoms. I moved up the hydra and Sujoah met it, but did not inflict a wound. The hydra took height and made quick work of Sujoah. He sent the Mohicans while I countered with the hydra. My hydra eventually fell but not without taking out the remaining spiders, some Mohicans and wounding Brave Arrow. Rhogar came and finished off my last two phantoms. I then sent out Cyprien whose chilling touch and attack was on fire, when that happens their is nothing you can really do to counter. I won and had sonya, drow chainfighter, marcu, and cyprien with four or five lives left.

My third match was against Kevindola. He already wrote a detailed battle report so I'm going to skip this match.

Round #4 opponent: Langfordrocks
Opponents army: Moltenclaw, Phantom Knights X3, Marrow Warriors, Zettian Guards
Map: Fire Isles

I Moved my Phantom Knight and grabbed the massive curse glyph I lost Marcu, Langfordrocks didn't lose anyone. He moved Moltenclalw and grabbed the other glyph, but it was a weak one that did not affect the rest of the game. I moved out Cyprien and started attacking moltenclaw, his marro warriors could not consistently get through Cyprien defense. Moltenclaw fell and I flew Cyprien to his starting zone. Cyprien attacked his Phantom knights and manged to kill four of five Phantoms before falling. The Middle of the game saw my Hydra, Sonya and the rest of my Phantom Knights fall, and his Marro warriors and all but one Phantom Knight fall. All I had was My drow chainfighter versus one Phanom and zettian guards. With some great rolling my drow somehow was able to pull of the win.

Round #4 opponent: legoboy
Opponents army: Nlfheim, Eldgrim, Knights of Westom X4
Map: Marr highway

I sent out my phantoms while legoboy moved out his knights along with eldgrim. We engaged in the middle of the map fighting around the glyph of gerda and valda. I lost all my phantoms and legoboy lost around three knights and Eldgrim got two wounds. Next I moved up fen hydra but made sure that next turn I could attack his knights put he could not attack my hydra. Legoboy won initiative, eldgrim grabbed the move glyph and his knights with nine move dealt to wounds to my hydra. Fen hydra fell taking only a knight or two with him. I moved out Cyprien who engaged his advancing dragon. Cyprien put five wounds on Nilfheim before falling. Marcu, drow chainfighter, and a heart broken sonya all died without doing anything.

Last edited by infectedsloth; November 21st, 2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old October 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
My army: KoW x2, 4th Mass x2, Gilbert, Eldgrim, Raelin

Battle #1 Boromir96 (Stingers x5, Sonya, Cyprien) on Broken Skyline

I won the initiative and put the first marker on the knights. Eldgrim rushed out and overextended, reaching the glyph nearest to my start zone on his first turn. It was the attack glyph. I then slowly advanced my knights and 4th, while Boromir advanced Cyprien. Cyprien and the knights got tangled up in a battle, and Cyprien took out one or two knights and a couple 4th before the attack glyph amped knights brought down the vampire lord. Sonya was heartbroken, leaving her nearly dead. The knights and Raelin advanced forward, but stinger drain and overall good playing on boromir's part allowed him to come back from the loss of Cyprien. Fast forward to the end of the game, where he had two stingers and a one life sonya, and I had a two life Raelin, a 4th, and a Knight holding the attack glyph. Boromir won the intitave and killed my 4th, and I lost two turns, giving him ample time to slay Raelin and the KoW.

Record: 0-1

Battle 2

Not sure who my opponents username was but he played:
Phantom Knights x3, Moltenclaw, Marro Warriors, Zettian Guards on Ember Canyon Road

This was not a good map for my army. The lava at the top would make the 4th retaining a height and wait then fire bonus impossible. Furthermore, this height COULD be retained by Moltenclaw due to his Lava Resistance. Also, the Phantom Knights could just fly over the hills in the middle. My troops all had to walk around. I opened the game up as usual, with Eldgrim heading for the nearest glyph. It was the glyph of defense. The phantom knights swarmed him and grabbed a glyph along the way (some sort of dud, it was abandoned and not used again) but he held up against their attacks. I advanced the 4th up the canyon side, but Moltenclaw and the Phantom Knights swarmed over there. The phantom knights range defense of eight was too much for the 4ths measly two or three attack dice, and I was forced to engage them. I probably killed about two squads of them as he killed away most of my army. Eventually, his phantom knights fell due to lava damage and whiffs, and Moltenclaw finally retreated. At this time, I believe I had Gilbert, Raelin, 2 Knights and 1 4th Mass. I moved across the road with my remaining brave soldiers, knowing that time would be called soon. The Marro warriors fell to the knights, until only one was left. The Zettians attempted to pick off the knights, but only one died due to Raelins aura of protection. The last 4th died, leaving me with only Raelin, Gilbert, and one knight. As we began our next round, time was called. We were allowed to play our number one markers. Mine was on the Knights. Quickly calculating point totals, I realized that he was just barely edging me out. My lone knight charged up the hill with some help from Jandar's Dispatch, and took down the final Marro warrior. I won on points, 260-240. I DEFINITELY got a lucky break there. He had a better army and played much better than I did, and I hadn't even touched his dragon yet.

Record: 1-1

I'll do more if I have time to later.
Your second battle was vs. LangfordRocks. That's his username.

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old October 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM

Son of Osiris costs too much!

Those battles are epic. I wish that I could have a battle as good as these!

"My Lord, what fools these mortals be!" Shakespeare
Old October 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Battle #4: EvarScarcarver:
Braxas. Gorrillanators x2, and Evar Scarcarver on Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh

I had heard bad things about the Gorrillas, but never played with or against them myself so once again I didn't know what to expect. For that matter, I never played against Evar Scarcarver either, but he didn't even have to leave the starting zone. I opened up the game with my usual Eldgrim glyph grabbing, which turned out to be a Resurrection glyph. The knights moved out into the middle of the battle. He sent out three gorillas and Braxas right at the beginning and I never really recovered from that first wave of death. Braxas acid breathed at least eight 4th and Knights, along with Gilbert. (By the way, Braxas was acid breathing figures unadjacent when she was engaged with one. I asked him about this and he said it was perfectly legal. Is it?) The Gorillas killed four or five on their own, but they were mainly distractions. Their height and auto-defense against special attacks distracted me for quite a while. Eventually, Raelin and the couple remaining knights took down the big dragon, but the Gorrillas cleaned up the field and took out everything else. By the end of the game, I only had killed Braxas and two Gorillinators.

Record: 2-2

Yes it is legal,it is a special power,not a special attack.
From the book of Braxas,
Quote:
-Rulings and Clarifications-
- POISONOUS ACID BREATH : Engagement Requirements
Do engagement rules apply to Poisonous Acid Breath?
No because Poisonous Acid Breath is not a Special Attack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- POISONOUS ACID BREATH : Engagement Requirement Clarification
Remember, you can use special powers and abilities that affect ranged opponents while still engaged to other opponents. (Hasbro FAQ)
Once again, I'll finish it up if I have time.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old November 9th, 2011, 04:58 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

those last battle reports still coming Boromir? Or have they gone to underworld to join Cyprien and your stingers

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports