Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old January 14th, 2011, 02:00 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Valkrill's Justice D4 - full wave with pics

Well I will bend the rules for the awesomeness of the figure/card. i did however reposition him on his base to make him less laughably overwhelming to adjacent spaces.
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow! Simply WOW
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

These are some of the best customs I've ever seen. I really wish these were official, since the sculpts are great, and these abilities are very balanced and creative. These seem so incredibly classic Scape (Aside from some wording things, which are easily fixed), that to the untrained eye they very well could be! Spectacular job on everything!
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:22 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you for the great feedback Lord Pyre and Rocktroll! These were indeed made with classic in mind, despite being D&D minis and using some abilities from the line as well. I know they are not official units and never will be, but I hope that does not dissuade you from trying them out Pyre, or anyone else. They are fairly cheap figures(got mine on Auggies) considering the quality and have almost all been playtested, and will continued to be.

I have a few other waves planned to go with my continuation of the story/continue classic scape. Hopefully the success of this wave will get people interested in contributing to playtesting of the next wave's units.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First, these are great. Really well done units and I love the figures you found for them. The Spectral Lion's Conceal ability, is it supposed to mean that it gets one automatic shield or one additional defense die? I thought you meant shield, since you used automatic.
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The Karsite Fighter is my favorite. Good stuff!

Old January 18th, 2011, 10:44 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

These look cool!

But no Lizard Folk Hero

Unforgiveable
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
The Karsite Fighter is my favorite. Good stuff!
Karsite is pretty nifty, think he fits in the anti special attacker niche well enough while remaining fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
First, these are great. Really well done units and I love the figures you found for them. The Spectral Lion's Conceal ability, is it supposed to mean that it gets one automatic shield or one additional defense die? I thought you meant shield, since you used automatic.
Thanks! It is meant that he receives an auto shield- like Iron Golem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
These look cool!

But no Lizard Folk Hero

Unforgiveable
Next wave ullar gets some love- I didn't forget him.
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:49 PM

D'Hoffryn has disabled reputation

Magnificent!

www.classicminiatures.net - casting for the love of old miniatures, especially Heritage
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

What great customs! I recommend adding more Vakrill squads that supply a kind of Bread and Butter to his forces.
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM

faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness faure wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These look great! I love the titans (especially since I already have 3 of them) and a good mix of heroes, providing some consistently themed ones for Valkrill and reasonable range across the other generals. The Devour of the Remorrhaz is a fun addition.
I probably would have made the Cleric figure you used (DDM Cleric of St.Cuthbert) a Jandar hero instead of Einar as he looks more consistent with the knights (and there are other clerics, like the Cleric of Pelor, who look more like Einar figures), but that's more personal taste.
The only power I have questions on is for the Spectral Lion -- as a spectre, I can see it would be unaffected by lava/fire, but not sure why it would be affected by water, ice, or even trees, etc. It would seem to make more sense that the spectre can pass through any object without stopping and that it would be unaffected by mundane terrain effects (including but not limited to lava/fire).
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM

Great feedback all around Faure! You are right, I am definitely trying to develop Valkrill's niche with this wave, and will ideally be adding some squads to his army next wave.

Cleric of Einar was primarily brought to Einar for a few reasons. His color scheme, red with some brown and some white felt more Einar than Jandar. More influential though was that I definitely wanted to give him the Holy Smite ability which thematically felt similar to Ana's aura in the sense it was specifically anti the evil general at the time. Like you said it just comes down to preference.

With the spectral lion it was tricky, as I am a huge believer in limited number of powers on army cards. Me and the people I play tested these units with certainly fiddled with the idea of passing through objects/terrain. We didn't make it a priority, mainly because it felt like flying. To clarify, the lava resistance was not so much generated from creativity, but more that the Spectral Lion is a D&D universe Hellcat which are immune to lava as I noted from the card that came with the figure.

Thanks, and when I begin work on my next set hopefully you will give your opinion during development.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs