Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 1st, 2010, 12:38 AM

.68 knows what's in an order marker .68 knows what's in an order marker
Zelrig proxy from Mimring, more than red paint (Pics)

The custom figures in this thread are perfectly balanced and point valued, by an ace team of professional designers too I might add.

I have been scrambling to put together a Heroscape collection since I discovered the game this year. A lot of great customs designers have been working since longer than I have known about the game and I am not trying to compete.

I have made custom figures to represent canon units, those which are hard to find or that I received in a broken state due to buying "as is" lots.

Thanks to "Cavalier" for a post telling me how to host images. (And for Lexan mats.)

Zelrig:

From the back:

I would like to say up front that Mimring was not harmed in the making of this post. I would like to say that.

However, He may have been boiled, decapitated, had his wings clipped and also been de-tongued! (Not a word I checked)

Gladiatrons $$$

Dirt cheap blastatrons equiped with "Reaper" weapons. I split their guns to make their cyber claws. I might work on these again after I get more blasts.

Agent Skahen

This was very easy thanks to Rocktroll's repaint guide. One of the first I did.

Marro hounds

The lighting and slightly off color gives it away. Yes, the one on the right is Dund. I like Dund, I just had two of him and an incomplete squad of hounds.

Fyorlag spiders

I want guesses on where these came from...

Aubrian Archers

I didn't buy 7 of Brandis to make sure I can always utilize the Archer's Glory ability now did I?

Microcorp Agents

3 correspondence courses, a letter of recommendation from Agent Carr and a Krav Maga Agent gets a degree from the Microcorp institute!!!

Shades of Bleakewood

What can I say I thought they were blue... Two wraiths and one Lich I believe, both from D&D.

Sven Macdirk - See who looks a little out of place in the Macdirk family portrait.

Sven is heartbroken as he finds out that old man Macdirk is not his father.

Roman Legion

Budget cuts imposed by the penny pinching Marcus Decimus Gallus. Their trade union is furious over Reaver getting the new shield contract.

These next two are actually my customs, not budget versions of official figures. A Nikita and a wolf from D&D

Agent and loyal attack dog

That dog above looks familiar...

I am hoping this will help those who are just starting. Just because you don't have 40 dollars to spend on a squad doesn't mean you shouldn't have the option of using these units.

Thanks for looking,

Last edited by .68; December 2nd, 2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Changed title. Changed "Reaver weapons" to "Reaper weapons".
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM

MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker MarroCloner164 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Zelrig proxy from Mimring, more than red paint (Pics)

Wow! These are really nice. If you could, you might want to post instructions on how the Mimring-Zelrig was done - I have a feeling that a lot of newer users wouldn't mind doing that.

+rep for you.

-MarroCloner164
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:26 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Wow... amazing stuff!

(And I know what the spiders are...)
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Not bad at all. Certainly will put this on the list of proxy options in the proxies thread.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM

Thumbs up Re: Zelrig proxy from Mimring, more than red paint (Pics)

Thanks for your kind words. I could do another Zelrig proxy for a tutorial, I have another Mimring kicking about...

Yes, that is the correct sculpt for the spiders.
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Those are awesome! I love the idea of Sven MacDirk ; ) and turning Brandis into Aubriens is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing!

*Kai
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by .68 View Post
Thanks for your kind words. I could do another Zelrig proxy for a tutorial, I have another Mimring kicking about...

Yes, that is the correct sculpt for the spiders.
I'm sure people would like that. It looks really good would easily fool me if I didn't get a closer look at it. You may start out by describing your process in making Zelrig. I am guessing some heat and bending was involved along with paint, list what color and manufacturer paint you used as well.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I like your Gladiatron$. I had thought of doing something like this with Blasts, but I hadn't really gotten past thinking about it.

What are "Reaver weapons"?
Old December 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice stuff, bro. Very well-done. I went a similar route by making comic book characters out of existing scape figs (check the link in my sig).

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 1st, 2010, 11:57 PM

Whoops, "Reaper" is a brand name of metal miniature weapons and figures. A "Reaver" is an annoying Heroscape figure...

I found the Reaper weapons on E-bay for cheap enough. The weapons and shields were in the same package.

This is a quick run down on how to make Zelrig:

1. Mimring should be removed from base.
2. Dipped in hot water, takes a while to soften the base of the tail.
3. Push the tail over however you want it.
4. Dip in cold water holding in the desired position, repeat 3 and 4 as needed.
5. Trim off the wing spikes from the rear, Zelrig needs the front two.
6. Chop off his tongue flush with his jaws, small wire cutters worked well for me. Just need to make an even cut.
7. Chop off the side horns on his head.
8. Cut his top horns to half length, cutting on an angle to retain a bit of a point.
9. Cut his head off right at the base of the head. (sorry Mimring)
10. Cut another inch or so of the thinnest part of the stump off the neck.
11. Re-attach the head with super glue, thus removing the thin part of the neck, raising and changing the angle of the head.
12. I tried heating and bending the wings as well, but when I do the tutorial with pictures I will get it just right.
13. Paint the whole figure with "Delta Ceramcoat" in bright red. It's a cheap acrylic paint at any craft store. You should allow an hour or two between coats of paint for drying.
14. Same type of paint in white for the teeth, horns and claws. Some yellow for the eyes. I still need to get his belly the right color too, a wash would go far as well.
15. I finished off with "Folkart" Artist's Varnish Satin. A polyurethane based product. This really made the texture more like a genuine figure, I have never seen a real Zelrig however...

This is all pretty easy depending on how comfortable you are with chopping up Mimring. If you only have 2 it could be a bit stressful, but he is pretty widely available. I have one more to do a tutorial with and I have another set of blasts to make more glads too, I need more weapons though...

Thanks for the support guys, I will get some more photos up early next week I'm thinking.

Last edited by .68; December 2nd, 2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typos
Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great stuff, keep posting your repaints they look great!

Wonder what your thinking about doing next?
Old December 2nd, 2010, 10:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

That "Zelring" looks phenomenal!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions