Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old April 7th, 2021, 11:59 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

I haven’t watched and I already don’t wanna hear the opinions on my Raelin placement.

I’ll start watching now.

EDIT: Chris hasn’t seen this game?! Oh no.

EDIT 2: Alternative army build that might’ve worked:

150 Mimring
350 Arrow Gruts x5
430 Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
480 Marro Warriors
505 Swog Rider
515 Isamu (25 spaces, drop AG)

I think one Swog in a safe position to boost the AGs on even/low ground could’ve been helpful especially on this map where it was harder for me to get/maintain height on the KoW. IIRC, the end of the game is a couple AGs trying to take down MWs so instead of that circumstance having the early single turn Swog setup could’ve the early game help and coincidentally, the late game. Not to mention Isamu into KoW is nicer than some straying AGs in cleanup.

EDIT 3: Finished the vod. Man. Ok so that 3v4 shot from the MW on the glyph to the KoW even instead of Raelin on height turned out to be a big one. I think I was mostly thinking a wound doesn’t kill Raelin but it kills the Knight so I took that attack. Unfortunately I landed “2 wounds” to kill the Knight and could’ve killed Raelin with the same attack.

The Raelin placement ended up working out ok (and you guys didn’t knock it as much as I think it deserved). I didn’t like placing her on the level 3 7-hex rock either because Gilbert and Knights could engage her there and then I couldn’t maneuver the AGs to pod that rock. Best case probably would’ve been to move her south a little and cover the 7-hex rock spaces along with the southern grass area. From there I could’ve played a nice safe screen with Raelin, Mimi, and AGs while preventing Boromir from controlling Wannok.

I think moving Mimring to kill the KoW on the glyph late as the MWs were moving out would’ve been the right play.

Dang this was a fun, close one! GGs again to Boromir. Well played, my friend. Learned a ton from watching this video. I’ll be looking forward to fielding this army again soon.

Last edited by Sheep; April 7th, 2021 at 01:48 PM.
Old April 7th, 2021, 12:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Bigga, your thumbnail game is on point.
Old April 7th, 2021, 12:26 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
After all this, I'm pretty convinced that he actually lives in Wisconsin.
Old April 7th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I haven’t watched and I already don’t wanna hear the opinions on my Raelin placement.

I’ll start watching now.

EDIT: Chris hasn’t seen this game?! Oh no.

EDIT 2: Alternative army build that might’ve worked:

150 Mimring
350 Arrow Gruts x5
430 Raelin the Kyrie Warrior
480 Marro Warriors
505 Swog Rider
515 Isamu (25 spaces, drop AG)

I think one Swog in a safe position to boost the AGs on even/low ground could’ve been helpful especially on this map where it was harder for me to get/maintain height on the KoW. IIRC, the end of the game is a couple AGs trying to take down MWs so instead of that circumstance having the early single turn Swog setup could’ve the early game help and coincidentally, the late game. Not to mention Isamu into KoW is nicer than some straying AGs in cleanup.

EDIT 3: Finished the vod. Man. Ok so that 3v4 shot from the MW on the glyph to the KoW even instead of Raelin on height turned out to be a big one. I think I was mostly thinking a wound doesn’t kill Raelin but it kills the Knight so I took that attack. Unfortunately I landed “2 wounds” to kill the Knight and could’ve killed Raelin with the same attack.

The Raelin placement ended up working out ok (and you guys didn’t knock it as much as I think it deserved). I didn’t like placing her on the level 3 7-hex rock either because Gilbert and Knights could engage her there and then I couldn’t maneuver the AGs to pod that rock. Best case probably would’ve been to move her south a little and cover the 7-hex rock spaces along with the southern grass area. From there I could’ve played a nice safe screen with Raelin, Mimi, and AGs while preventing Boromir from controlling Wannok.

I think moving Mimring to kill the KoW on the glyph late as the MWs were moving out would’ve been the right play.

Dang this was a fun, close one! GGs again to Boromir. Well played, my friend. Learned a ton from watching this video. I’ll be looking forward to fielding this army again soon.
That attack on the Knight that could have been two wounds on Raelin is definitely an example of hindsight being 20/20. I do remember thinking (well, saying out loud to my computer screen) that I would have made the attack on Raelin while watching the game live and then having an "I can predict the dice" moment afterward. But ultimately I think it's a wash on what you're wanting to target, depending on player/preference.

Yeah, I wouldn't have made that move with Raelin, but also I don't think it totally lost you the game singlehandedly or anything. If anything, it definitely gave you some breathing room, and when Knights are attacking Arrow Gruts they're getting kills with or without Raelin, so I think it ended up working out well enough for you.

This was seriously a great game, and I'm super impressed at how close you made it! I'm hoping to see this army and others like it more in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
After all this, I'm pretty convinced that he actually lives in Wisconsin.
Shhh... Don't tell anyone that's why I haven't been seen at a Utah tournament for so long...

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; April 7th, 2021 at 03:52 PM. Reason: And definitely not, you know, covid...
Old April 14th, 2021, 06:11 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

It's the semifinals of Season 37 (which only happened six-ish months ago) with @Chris Perkins and @superfrog throwing down to see who makes it to the finals! And this time, they both join me in the figurative casting booth to recall their own game, which means some great insight as we watch the action unfold and get to hear first hand the players' reasons behind the plays and decisions!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 21st, 2021, 06:11 PM

What better way to celebrate flowers blooming and mosquitoes coming out from hiding than with a live online Heroscape event? This game comes from the Spring Showdown, where @Sir Heroscape pilots his own Shadow army against a toolkit of figures piloted by @Ulysses . @Scaperedude joins me for this game in which we totally don't make it our goal to roast Sir Heroscape, and we have a great time watching and remarking upon the gameplay throughout this sweet tournament game!

Here's some advertising if you'd like to cast a game with me! Just head over to the scheduling spreadsheet and/or shoot me a PM to let me know your availability!

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 21st, 2021, 08:09 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Haha! good commentary...that was enjoyable

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 28th, 2021, 09:10 PM

We get to showcase the first Treasure Quest game on the channel today! To make it even better, @mtl1998 and @Chris Perkins also had to draft armies before the game out of a shared pool. @Dysole joins me for this game to comment on the draft and gameplay in a super fun game!

Here's some advertising if you'd like to cast a game with me! Just head over to the scheduling spreadsheet and/or shoot me a PM to let me know your availability!

10 Points Under Videos

Old April 28th, 2021, 09:54 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Really fun one to experience again! In retrospect, you all were probably right about Mogrimm, but mindshackling makes for a better story. Watching it back, I thought we both had a great game, playing it very well and adapting smartly to each other.

Side note: It was funny to me that Dysole and I had similar lines of thinking, especially with that Theracus (fire) bomb.
Old April 28th, 2021, 10:07 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah that was a fun one for sure, both live and on replay.

To answer one question Dysole asked early on in the stream: I went so heavy on Aubriens in the draft because I felt they were the only figures left in the pool that could hit Kaemon (admittedly slowly) over the rat screen. Basically I didn't think I'd be able to beat Kaemon + Aubriens + rats with anything else in the pool. Maybe PKs could have got the job done, but 3 v. 4 into counterstrike isn't the most fun situation to be the 'best case' scenario.

They definitely got bogged down by rats hard, but it's not quite as bad if I win init in round 1 (which I was hoping for) or if Brunak kills that one rat that got past him. I'm well over 50% at one of those 2 things happening, and if either did my Aubriens are a lot more free to take early pot shots.
Old April 29th, 2021, 03:01 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Makes Sense

I would've just been worried about PKs bogging me down with Aubriens, I would've focused on just getting a hero to take out Kaemon and used PKs to deal with Aubriens if he drafted them. (Vipers are also a spicy pick since who cares if they get counter struck) I don't think it was a bad call; I just don't think it's the call I would've made.

~Dysole, who admittedly hasn't watched this video yet and doesn't remember everything she said
Old May 5th, 2021, 07:27 PM

Season 39 of Online Heroscape sported a Bring 2 format, and @Chris Perkins brought a neat pair of armies to semi-mirror each other. @Knight of Scape chose the 10th variant of the army while Chris took the 4th variant for a fun, thematic matchup. Which of the armies will prevail? Join @heroscaper2010 and me as we watch the action unfold!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports