Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 12th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Fun game, pretty well played on both sides. Classic Knights vs. 10th game but the Hydra and Marros really added a different dynamic and both players used them well.
Old March 12th, 2021, 08:26 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm 2 minutes in and already getting attacked, screw this channel

Edit: The next CoV episode will be out next week

Hopefully

Last edited by OEAO; March 12th, 2021 at 09:48 PM.
Old March 12th, 2021, 09:33 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was fun to see the knight master comment on my knight play. A few responses that came to mind as I was watching:

1. I agree that Finn is not great for this matchup (although there indeed weren't enough spaces to just replace him with a card of knights). Finn + Marro was primarily intended to give the army more counterplay against Cathar, who are pretty prevalent in VC meta and very dangerous for pure knights. [Also, you can't deny that Finn did good work here ]

2. As for spending "7 attacks on Raelin", most of those knights didn't have the opportunity to attack 10th anyway, and if I had five attacks that couldn't target anyone but Raelin, it made more sense to just kill her off. If I wanted more attacks on 10th, I would have had to send my knights to the south and attack up on Raelin boosted 10th that Shiftrex could continually reinforce from the north side. As I saw it, my only chance at fighting on even height was to swoop in from the north where Shiftrex wasn't already blocking me from accessing the high ground, and on the north side, Raelin was blocking most of the knights from getting to 10th.

3. I agree that sending Gilbert to engage the 10th on level 2 towards the end of the game instead of moving him south by the hive would probably have worked better. My primary concern was that I couldn't see my knights from that position to dispatch, which would limit what my knights could do.

4. I definitely could have played that endgame vs the Hydra better. I think my fear was that if I just tried to hit and run, the Hydra would climb up on the level 3 height and murder Gilbert, making Wannok a significant concern for me if I was playing defensively and retreating to the back of my startzone to clone. Statistically, with the amount of attack dice I was throwing I should have taken off some hydra heads, but it was an unnecessary risk in retrospect.
Old March 12th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

That was a fun watch, but you really decided to go with the guy with the most main event finals losses? Who would want to have him on their channel?
Old March 12th, 2021, 11:32 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Spilt Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post

Hopefully
I was 100% here for the shade.

~Dysole, looking forward to the next CoV
Old March 13th, 2021, 01:43 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Definitely fun to watch that game ^^ it was close and came down to the wire.
Old March 13th, 2021, 01:32 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:

Hopefully
I was simply making an observation...

Thanks again Bigga for allowing me to be apart of this, and thanks for all that you do for the community with all this.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 14th, 2021, 08:08 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Quote:

Hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Thanks again Bigga for allowing me to be apart of this, and thanks for all that you do for the community with all this.
Thank you so much for joining! (And to everyone else who joins!) It's definitely the variety/opinions of the co-casters that makes this channel what it is!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 14th, 2021, 08:14 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Scape View Post
It was fun to see the knight master comment on my knight play. A few responses that came to mind as I was watching:

1. I agree that Finn is not great for this matchup (although there indeed weren't enough spaces to just replace him with a card of knights). Finn + Marro was primarily intended to give the army more counterplay against Cathar, who are pretty prevalent in VC meta and very dangerous for pure knights. [Also, you can't deny that Finn did good work here ]
Finn was definitely MVP! My favorite performance from him in a game! I do like the idea of having Finn+Marro Warriors as an endgame win condition though, especially in VCheese.
Quote:
2. As for spending "7 attacks on Raelin", most of those knights didn't have the opportunity to attack 10th anyway, and if I had five attacks that couldn't target anyone but Raelin, it made more sense to just kill her off. If I wanted more attacks on 10th, I would have had to send my knights to the south and attack up on Raelin boosted 10th that Shiftrex could continually reinforce from the north side. As I saw it, my only chance at fighting on even height was to swoop in from the north where Shiftrex wasn't already blocking me from accessing the high ground, and on the north side, Raelin was blocking most of the knights from getting to 10th.
That makes sense. I think that, for me, I felt there were a lot of Knights engaging Raelin quickly which led to them getting spread out. I think some more slow-rolling while engaging with 1 or 2 at a time to keep the spaces open would have been my plan. But, also, that takes into account a whole different playstyle as well, which also may or may not have worked. I think your plays made sense with what you were trying to achieve.
Quote:
3. I agree that sending Gilbert to engage the 10th on level 2 towards the end of the game instead of moving him south by the hive would probably have worked better. My primary concern was that I couldn't see my knights from that position to dispatch, which would limit what my knights could do.
Ah, yeah that makes sense. I forget where exactly things were, but I can see that being why you chose to keep him in reserve and dispatch knights instead.
Quote:
4. I definitely could have played that endgame vs the Hydra better. I think my fear was that if I just tried to hit and run, the Hydra would climb up on the level 3 height and murder Gilbert, making Wannok a significant concern for me if I was playing defensively and retreating to the back of my startzone to clone. Statistically, with the amount of attack dice I was throwing I should have taken off some hydra heads, but it was an unnecessary risk in retrospect.
Yeah, I think that was the biggest thing I disagreed with. Partially because I have a whole different view of Wannok in that situation. If Shiftrex wanted to put 10th on Wannok that lets you get a 4v2 at them for an almost-free kill, so I'd welcome it. (Marcu would have been scary, but he was two turns away.)

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 31st, 2021, 05:54 PM

Welcome to a very Cathar-tic game! We've got a razzler and a dazzler for you this week, with @Chris Perkins and @Scaperedude duking it out in the second VCheese tournament! And it's a powerhouse of a matchup (like most, if not all, VCheese matchups are) with a Quahon/Raelin/Marro Warriors army going toe-to-toe with a Cathar/Vulcanmech army! Joining for this game is @Tiamat with his excellent commentary, and what results is a super fun game that we really get into. Enjoy!

Want to cast a game with me? Let me know through PM or the scheduling spreadsheet! As you may have noticed by the sparse posts lately, I'm running low on videos that have been cast (still have a good amount waiting to be cast), so I could use your help! (I promise I don't turn each recording into a therapy session. Well... I try not to. Kind of.)

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 31st, 2021, 06:06 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think I'm going to have nightmares about Quahon's opening rolls from this game for years. Good lesson on variance (and it's often unforgiving nature) for sure.

The reasons I didn't open with Marro Warriors were:
1) Valda. Cathar (like Knights) really like valda, and will catch the MWs a lot faster.
2) The map is good for mele, between the jungle & shadow. Without Ulanivia, even on height MWs are rolling 3 v 6 attacks most of the time, which is just not going to kill many Cathar.
3) I really wanted the Raelin/Quahon setup on height that I made in round 1 so I could stop Cathar from slow-rolling effectively and constantly contest Valda. Obviously that didn't work as well as I intended when the 'borgs wouldn't die.

Obviously a disappointing showing for Quahon, but I still think that's one of the absolute top-tier armies in V-Cheese even though it had a weak showing overall in V-Cheese 2.
Old April 7th, 2021, 11:35 AM

The finals of VCheese 2 are here, with interestingly nary a custom figure on the board! We've got @boromir96 with his powerhouse Knight army against @heroscaper2010 with his dark horse Mimring/Arrow Gruts army! It's a super interesting matchup where both armies are deviating from the norm for a really exciting finish to the tournament! @Chris Perkins joins me this game for some excellent insight as we watch the action unfold!

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports