Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 9th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Rulebooks and FAQ - PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
These are official.
Is there a source from Hasbro or anything that would indicate such? The reason I ask, is because in a competitive setting, it's (obviously) extremely important to play according to official rulings and use official errata as opposed to community/player-created ones.

Thanks.
These are official. I don’t think there’s any info you’ll find on Hasbro’s website, but you’re welcome to check.
Old January 9th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The first line of the FAQ:

Quote:
Official Frequently Asked Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 9th, 2021, 05:35 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

Quote:
Linked to heroscape.com (the old official Hasbro HeroScape link now redirects to Hasbro instead), updated last September 2010, and trademarked by Hasbro 2010 at the bottom.

Honestly we're all lucky someone saved it before Hasbro took it down.

EDIT: Oh my personal favorite proof: A direct number to WotC's customer service team. I wonder if they'll still help with questions.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:01 PM

Tropix has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
These are official. I don’t think there’s any info you’ll find on Hasbro’s website, but you’re welcome to check.
Hmm, I see... There may be a discrepancy regarding the term "official", if the only source for such has been created by players or another third-party, as opposed to publications from the game's designers, which appears to be the case...

It's quite common to find that whole communities or groups of players are basically playing games using 'generally accepted' 'house rules', even when there is no mention of such in any official rule books or anything like that, which can have a huge impact on the fundamentals of the games, which is why official rulings from official sources are very important to me, and why I'm hesitant to blindly comply with what seems like unofficial rulings and whatnot... And, of course, if the majority of players are on board with unofficial/'house' rulings, those who ask for clarification or evidence of such are likely to be perceived as the 'bad guys', for not simply going along with them, and they will be seen and treated as the ones who are playing the game(s) incorrectly....
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:
I saw that, which is part of what made me want to inquire about it, as anyone can type "official" before any statement or document regardless of authenticity.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:05 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tropix, I am an admin here. Please stop trolling.

Your question has been answered. Last warning.

Quote:
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Linked to heroscape.com (the old official Hasbro HeroScape link now redirects to Hasbro instead), updated last September 2010, and trademarked by Hasbro 2010 at the bottom.

That's part of what makes me skeptical and desire further clarification... It's unsettling to think that there is no official source of official rulings and such, and that copies saved by player(s) are just to be trusted.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Tropix, I am an admin here. Please stop trolling.

Your question has been answered. Last warning.
I assure you, I am not trolling. Official rulings are very important to me, as well as the game as a whole, and attempts to decipher between them and unofficial rulings shouldn't be seen as "trolling", honestly.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:14 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

That's part of what makes me skeptical and desire further clarification... It's unsettling to think that there is no official source of official rulings and such, and that copies saved by player(s) are just to be trusted.
At this point, yes, they are just to be "trusted". The game has been discontinued for now over 10yrs. You won't find anything on the Official Hasbro website pertaining to HeroScape.

If you care so much about clarification, call the WotC Customer Service. Maybe they can help you.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:15 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Why would there be an official source on Hasbro’s website when the game has been dead for a decade? This is a genuine question. Hasbro isn’t FFG, or PHG, or whoever. They only care about what they currently sell.
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:16 PM

Tropix has been banned for 24 hours for trolling.

Quote:
Old January 9th, 2021, 06:17 PM

The last piece of "evidence" I can think to provide is that the person who uploaded the Official FAQ was @theGuru , who has a Rules Team and Wizards Staff Member badge, as well as "Wizards of the Coast Game Designer" and a link to that exact FAQ in his signature.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's