Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 5th, 2020, 10:41 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

It's an Utgar civil war as @Dysole and @heroscaper2010 clash in the Online Con General Wars tournament! There was a lot of excellent army building in this event and here we get to see some really cool builds, with Moltenclaw and Cutters taking on Ornak with Heavies (and a Hydra for both sides). Catching the gameplay with me is @infectedsloth , one of the best Heroscape players around, and we have a great conversation talking about the battle between these really fun armies!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 5th, 2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old September 9th, 2020, 09:18 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We get to showcase two new players today! (Well, not new to Heroscape, just new to the channel.) I had the opportunity to play against both of these players during Day 1 of the Heroscape Online Con Main Event Championship, so this video is especially exciting for me since I had a great time playing against them! We have @Mr_Chompy playing against @Rama in a Reverse the Whip round, meaning they're playing the army their opponent brought. On top of that, it's probably one of the more thematic matchups you'll get to see in a Reverse the Whip format, with Rama playing a horde of Soulborgs and MrChompy playing a horde of Orcs, including the big Mr. Chompy himself! Helping me with this game is @TalesOfValhallaOfficial , YouTuber extraordinaire (seriously, check out his channel), and we have a great conversation as plays are made and dice are rolled!

In other news, I've started reopening the 10 Points Under Co-Cast Super Scheduling Spreadsheet. I went ahead and blacked out this week as well, but starting next week things are open for sign-ups! Time isn't as open as it was now with school in full swing, but I hope there's still enough time for those who want to join in to get the chance!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 12th, 2020, 12:27 PM

This game has it all! Big heroes, big rolls, big swings, and fast-paced action throughout the whole game! @coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 get a chance to shine in this first game of the Heroes Only tournament from Online Con! @XThorSavageX joins me to watch this titanic beat down between coachmuskie's figures that love cold and big damage, and Heroscaper2010's figures that love manipulation and heat! This is an exciting showdown you won't want to miss with some epic gameplay!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 16th, 2020, 08:50 AM

The Vegies have turned on each other! It's @vegietarian18 vs his dad, VegiesDad, in the Online Con General Wars Finals! This tournament had a ton of really cool army building, and we get to see the two top armies facing off in this game! They're also armies that aren't seen as often nowadays, with VegiesDad piloting a Raelin/Knights/4th build, and vegietarian18 running Charos/Syvarris/Greenscales. And joining me for this game is a super special guest: the Heroscape strategy master himself, @Jexik ! He brings a lot of insight and experience to the commentary, which really adds to an already-incredible game!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 16th, 2020, 05:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm really happy this ended up happening. Great watch.

Just for convenience here's the relevant excerpts from vegie's battle reports:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
My army was:
Charos, Greenscale Warriors x3, Syvarris

I picked this army because I thought in a meta where you can't play more than 200 points of a common squad Charos is basically the boss. You need sustained damage to bring him down, and sustained damage is a lot harder to come by. Plus, if you were going to play Ullar in normal General Wars, no restrictions at all, this is one of the best builds there, it's not impacted at all by the restrictions. Not that Ullar is good, but most other builds are severely reined back by the figure limit and the common squad limit of this format. Syvarris is in there to give the army another dimension and he's really important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Game 4 vs. vegie dad (Sir Gilbert, Knights x2, 4th x2, Raelin, Eldgrim) on Fire Isles

This was actually the army, the very exact build, that I took to my very first tournament in 2011. In the semifinals my dad played against the very exact build that he had taken to that same tournament (Tor-Kul-Na, Nagrubs x3, Stingers x3). Back in the day we did not have to have common restrictions we just were not very good at building armies.

Anyways. My dad made the interesting choice of basically ceding Raelin to me. Fire Isles is a shooting gallery with nowhere to hide, and Syvarris can shoot the startzone with his very first volley. He did just that, blasting Raelin off the board in just 3 shots of 4 throughout the first round, while Charos took the lava height to protect the archer, but the Knights and 4th advanced out of their startzone towards Charos. Once the actual fight started though things were not in my favor. A few Greenscales died to Knight attacks, Syvarris easily died to 4th, I left a couple Greenscales on lava and both died, and Charos took a quick 3 wounds. With the Knights hot on my tail I disengaged Charos from Gilbert and flew across the lava river to the other side, which was much safer, and evacuated Greenscales the same way. This got me back into the game since the Knights just didn't have anything to do, they couldn't easily follow. Charos had some good kills and blocks grinding through the few figures that were on the other side of the hill. Then he got really into the squad figures, making one more aggressive fly this time down the lava river into a horde of 4th and Knights that he just smashed through. There just wasn't enough damage left to kill Charos once I bought a little more time with that disengage and diffused the damage that my dad was about to unleash on him.

4-0

I really liked this army and it was fun to make Charos the boss since I don't think he's been the boss in a long time, maybe ever. He didn't die in any of my games. He's so different than any other dragon with Greenscales, he plays closer to TKN and Nagrubs than to Nilfheim and Greenscales.
Old September 16th, 2020, 08:52 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Thanks for calling me out and getting me to do it, @dok and @BiggaBullfrog . I had a good time.

Following up the discussion we had at the end of the game about Raelin... out of curiosity, I looked at my old blog post detailing my win rates with different units, and at that point in time, my overall win record was 72%, and my Raelin win record was just under 70%. She was used in nearly half of my games, but I'm still not sure if that difference is significant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; September 16th, 2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old September 16th, 2020, 09:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Lol...I love your signature

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 17th, 2020, 08:50 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
This game has it all! Big heroes, big rolls, big swings, and fast-paced action throughout the whole game! @coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 get a chance to shine in this first game of the Heroes Only tournament from Online Con! @XThorSavageX joins me to watch this titanic beat down between coachmuskie's figures that love cold and big damage, and Heroscaper2010's figures that love manipulation and heat! This is an exciting showdown you won't want to miss with some epic gameplay!

https://youtu.be/39B7C4us3C4
@coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 , can either of you explain what happened at 18:40ish in the video? Why didn't Cyprien get lava dunked after the werewolf lord's moon frenzy?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 17th, 2020, 10:08 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I honestly don't remember. Looks like we missed some stuff. What I remember is him attacking Krug, not Cyprien. That is why he moves Krug towards the lava. I do not know if there was a glitch in the video or not, but I do not remember him hitting Cyprien there. It looks like we were not paying attention on the video, but we were talking the whole time. I would have to watch it again.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old September 17th, 2020, 10:11 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

https://youtu.be/39B7C4us3C4
@coachmuskie and @heroscaper2010 , can either of you explain what happened at 18:40ish in the video? Why didn't Cyprien get lava dunked after the werewolf lord's moon frenzy?
Looks like the wounds/Lycanthrope weren’t placed on Cyprien from the Werewolf attack at 16:25. I remember this instant because when I dunked Cyprien there 2mins later I was 100% sure I was able to but coach pointed out there were no wounds on Cyp. I felt something was off but digressed. Trying to go back to find the attack/defense rolls in the middle of a tight 1hr online game is a little tough. I had also played in Day 1 so this was probably my 7-8th game of the day.

Oh well. That whole week of games was fantastic.
Old September 17th, 2020, 10:32 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The only other thing I can think of was that he had to reroll the d20 and got a 9. He had a 12 originally, but I don't remember why we didn't use it and he then rolled a 9, which is no moon frenzy. He then attacks Krug with Blue. It was a long time ago.

Old September 17th, 2020, 10:37 AM

It is strange. It seemed to all made sense when we did it, but, like H2010, there were so many games that they all have been mixed up in my mind!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports