Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 13th, 2023, 06:06 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

TW,

Elven army #3 for me! And K. didn't pick an army, he made up his own, and you didn't mention which are still up for grabs. So does his replace any, or not?

Chas
Old September 13th, 2023, 06:22 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
TW,

Elven army #3 for me! And K. didn't pick an army, he made up his own, and you didn't mention which are still up for grabs. So does his replace any, or not?

Chas
A third player can take the Dwarf or Human army. K's army displaces the one that doesn't get picked (and of course someone can also make up their own good guy army).

Old October 10th, 2023, 10:44 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Time to consider:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I've been working on my game for next month. The premise is that an evil person (Sudema) is performing a ritual to summon a powerful demon, and the good guys have to stop her. But it won't be easy; she will send her minions to greet the would-be heroes, and the heroes will have to fight past them to reach her sanctum.

Hero armies:
1) Sir Dupuis, Knights of Weston x2 and Sir Gilbert (395 points)
2) Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x2 (390 points)
3) Syvarris, Sonlen and Aubrien Archers x3 (400 points)

Minion armies:
1) Horned Skull Brutes x2 and Goblin Cutters x2 (250 points)
2) Death Chasers of Thesk x2 and Ogre Warhulk (260 points)
3) Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Riders x2 and Krug (250 points)

Second wind rules will be in effect. After getting past the minions the heroes will face Sudema herself plus her army of Undead creatures.

Sudema's Armies:
Sudema and Crypt Guardian x3 (320 points)
Zombies of Morandin x5 (300 points)
Skeletons of Annelintia x2, Iskra Esenwein and the Rechets of Bogden (310 points)

I am not sure yet what exactly Sudema is trying to summon, but it will be bad! The fight against the minions goes until one side is eliminated, but if the fight against Sudema goes past six rounds without killing Sudema, the demon will arise and the heroes will have to fight it. Even if they kill Sudema herself, they are bound by duty to eliminate all of her Undead army. There is no time limit to this; whether the demon is successfully summoned or not, play continues until one side is eliminated.

I welcome any thoughts, ideas and criticisms.

As before in my scenarios, one person can control more than one army (like Sherman Davies did last time) if we don't have six people.
Quote:
TW,

Chas
Of course, we have no idea how this will go. As aforesaid, I have been permitted to build a 400 point army for this, as opposed to choosing one of the pre-built ones:

120 Asterios
120 Bahadur
80 Kumiko
80 Prince al'Kahora
400 points, 4 spaces

The Knights or Shieldsmiths, depending on the whim of the third "good guy" player, will have to screen for both of us. If the "good guy" player decides to create his own 400 point army, we can only pray . . .

P.S.: Note: Our dojo is having a reunion dinner in the West Village at 6:00 P.M. on the 21st, so I anticipate leaving the Game Palace by around 5:00 P.M. Hopefully, we'll start on time . . .

Old October 10th, 2023, 12:03 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Time to consider:

Quote:
I've been working on my game for next month. The premise is that an evil person (Sudema) is performing a ritual to summon a powerful demon, and the good guys have to stop her. But it won't be easy; she will send her minions to greet the would-be heroes, and the heroes will have to fight past them to reach her sanctum.

Hero armies:
1) Sir Dupuis, Knights of Weston x2 and Sir Gilbert (395 points)
2) Migol Ironwill, Mogrim Forgehammer and Shieldsmiths of Granitekeep x2 (390 points)
3) Syvarris, Sonlen and Aubrien Archers x3 (400 points)

Minion armies:
1) Horned Skull Brutes x2 and Goblin Cutters x2 (250 points)
2) Death Chasers of Thesk x2 and Ogre Warhulk (260 points)
3) Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Riders x2 and Krug (250 points)

Second wind rules will be in effect. After getting past the minions the heroes will face Sudema herself plus her army of Undead creatures.

Sudema's Armies:
Sudema and Crypt Guardian x3 (320 points)
Zombies of Morandin x5 (300 points)
Skeletons of Annelintia x2, Iskra Esenwein and the Rechets of Bogden (310 points)

I am not sure yet what exactly Sudema is trying to summon, but it will be bad! The fight against the minions goes until one side is eliminated, but if the fight against Sudema goes past six rounds without killing Sudema, the demon will arise and the heroes will have to fight it. Even if they kill Sudema herself, they are bound by duty to eliminate all of her Undead army. There is no time limit to this; whether the demon is successfully summoned or not, play continues until one side is eliminated.

I welcome any thoughts, ideas and criticisms.

As before in my scenarios, one person can control more than one army (like Sherman Davies did last time) if we don't have six people.
Quote:
TW,

Elven army #3 for me! And K. didn't pick an army, he made up his own, . . .

Chas
Of course, we have no idea how this will go. As aforesaid, I have been permitted to build a 400 point army for this, as opposed to choosing one of the pre-built ones. Previously posted:

120 Asterios
120 Bahadur
80 Kumiko
80 Prince al'Kahora
400 points, 4 spaces

For various reasons, I might go with:

130 Kozil
120 Asterios
80 Prince al'Kahora
70 Martial La Hire
400 points, 4 spaces

The Knights or Shieldsmiths, depending on the whim of the third "good guy" player, will have to screen for both of us. If the third "good guy" player decides to create his own 400 point army, we can only pray . . .

P.S.: Note: Our dojo is having a reunion dinner at 6:00 P.M. on the 21st, so I anticipate leaving the Game Palace by around 5:00 P.M. I feel badly about not being able to stay longer.

P.P.S.: These are personal musings. Comments welcomed, but not required, from or concerning potential third "good guy" army. As always, my army is subject to change . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; October 10th, 2023 at 06:27 PM.
Old September 13th, 2023, 06:22 PM

Well met!

"The Switch. At the beginning of Turns 3, 6, and 9, before Order Markers are placed, make a Special Initiative Roll (“SIR”)."

Turns means Rounds, I assume.

Old September 13th, 2023, 06:24 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I think we should do my game on the 21st because it's National Heroscape Day (and a Saturday).

Old September 13th, 2023, 06:32 PM

[Dupe]

Last edited by kolakoski; September 18th, 2023 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Dupe
Old September 14th, 2023, 07:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski: Yes, it should be Rounds (you know me), and I've make that switcheroo in the scenario in several places. Thanks!

Taeblewalker: Oct. 21 works for me. Note that we don't usually post here on the thread to choose a date, but use our private emails. Here its really extraneous to add all those back and forth date posts! So its better if everyone continues to uses the private group I've established for this purpose.

I don't recall if we've celebrated National Heroscape Day before, but its a good idea!

(We may have played out on Long Island with the Islandscape gang, but that was a while ago). Is it a Federal Holiday yet?
Old September 14th, 2023, 04:34 PM

[Dupe]

Last edited by kolakoski; September 18th, 2023 at 02:36 PM.
Old October 12th, 2023, 07:37 PM

TBH, I think the armies I put together for the good guys make more sense than an all-hero army. I designed armies on both sides to have two squads each, so they strike a nice balance between Heroscape and Squadscape. Someone should definitely take either the Knight army or the Dwarf army as written.

Old October 13th, 2023, 11:55 AM

Well met!

Quote:
TBH, I think the armies I put together for the good guys make more sense than an all-hero army. I designed armies on both sides to have two squads each, so they strike a nice balance between Heroscape and Squadscape. Someone should definitely take either the Knight army or the Dwarf army as written.
All true, I suppose. However, Asterios is the perfect counter to the bad guys' squads. The other heroes have, or have the potential to have, multiple attacks. They also have a good chance against the bad guys' heroes and whatever demon they summon. But, most importantly, Bahadur and Prince al'Kahora have been specifically paired before and have a fun back story with us; Kozil, only recently hitting the table for us, has been fun and effective; Kumiko has a power similar to Asterios'; and Martial La Hire is quite strong, and interesting, for a 70 point filler. Making "more sense" isn't as important to me as the continuing creation of a fun, personal lore.

Old October 13th, 2023, 11:59 AM

Kolakoski,

We don't know yet if we'll have a third Good Player, as if we only get one more player he may play an Evil one. Do you want to run the other canned Good army you propose as well?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion