Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
EBay "issue"---your input is appreciated.

So I bid on an auction that advertises FREE shipping...so I jump in and bid on it.

So I don't go back and look at it until it is just about to end and in the description it says SHIPPING IS NOT FREE...

Now I would have said "ok I screwed up" if the shipping cost section in the search list or in the Shipping Cost section had said "See item description" like it is supposed to but it doesn't.

This is clearly a bait and switch tactic and I plan on fighting with the seller over it...

What I really want to know is this also an EBay rule violation?
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: EBay "issue"---your input is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
So I bid on an auction that advertises FREE shipping...so I jump in and bid on it.

So I don't go back and look at it until it is just about to end and in the description it says SHIPPING IS NOT FREE...

Now I would have said "ok I screwed up" if the shipping cost section in the search list or in the Shipping Cost section had said "See item description" like it is supposed to but it doesn't.

This is clearly a bait and switch tactic and I plan on fighting with the seller over it...

What I really want to know is this also an EBay rule violation?
I think that would violate the rules, yes. I'd refuse to pay shipping. Under the new rules Sellers aren't going to be able to leave buyers negative feedback soon anyway, so it's not like you risk negative feedback. Take it up with eBay if he doesn't agree.
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation
ebay offers online live support as well. you could go on there and voice your concern and see what they have to say. It sounds to me like a scam as well. It could be that they have done so in the past and by letting ebay know they may have a record to show this has been done before.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old February 16th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Definitely report it now, before you win. Otherwise it may appear you are just finding an excuse for buyer's regret ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
has been BANNED

I already won it and sent him the payment as soon as it ended via PayPal...just waiting for him to say something.

I followed the rules...it said "FREE" shipping and when I hit the PayNow button it said FREE shipping so...to me it is FREE.

It's for an unopened EOV set (which I do not have)
Old February 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
I already won it and sent him the payment as soon as it ended via PayPal...just waiting for him to say something.

I followed the rules...it said "FREE" shipping and when I hit the PayNow button it said FREE shipping so...to me it is FREE.

It's for an unopened EOV set (which I do not have)
Nice catch! I heard the Elite Onyx Vipers get + 2 defense when they're on redwood bridges.

Seriously though, if he makes you pay for shipping, raise Hell.
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:20 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Yeah, you've definitely got an argument here. I'd be interested in what ebay has to say about it.

-insert signature here-
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:31 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
If he makes you pay, do like weird Al in this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIllRdSzSug

Pathetic excuse for a video aside, just act like normal, until he asks for shipping, reply kindly, pointing out that he stated it was free, if he persists, then chew his butt off. Oh, and report him.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
go straight to head master himself!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old February 16th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!
Its is a violation. You cant advertise one thing and change an other.

Here is some info direct from Ebay:

Misleading Titles

Sellers are not permitted to create titles for their listings that do not accurately describe the item for sale.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status
Old February 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM
has been BANNED

So I just got this from the seller.

Please add $15.00 for shipping for this item to your zip code. Thanx!

Well I guess this isn't going to be quiet,quick and easy
Old February 16th, 2008, 11:18 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
So I just got this from the seller.

Please add $15.00 for shipping for this item to your zip code. Thanx!

Well I guess this isn't going to be quiet,quick and easy
Yeah, and now you're in the awkward position of having sent the money. Forunately you used Paypal, so that gives you more leverage than a money order or other method would have. Looks like you've got to get to work on straightening that out! Show him what for!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General