Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old July 16th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon - Indy road work

For those of you driving to Indy there is a lot of summer construction around Indianapolis.
  • I-70 closed in downtown Indianapolis. If you are coming from the east, you can't drive through Indy on I-70. It is closed downtown while INDOT completely redoes the I-70/I-65 interchange. The recommended detour is to use I-465 around the south side of Indianapolis, but you can also get through using surface streets to get around the construction - which is faster depends on the time of day and how good your GPS is.
  • I-70 Construction near airport - currently if you are coming from the west on I-70 (i.e., east bound on I-70) the Ameriplex Parkway exit is closed (exit to the hotel) - exit is open for I-70 west bound (i.e., coming from east/north/south). Options would be to use the airport exit, make a U-turn in airport (there are ways to get to the airport exit without going all the way through the terminal - follow the signs for the economy parking lot - the road connects to the "exit" road). Then just follow the signs to Ameriplex Parkway. Google maps suggests using Ronald Reagan Parkway and then doing a U-turn on Stafford Road -- while this is a shorter route than using the airport, these are both busy roads and making U-turns on busy roads isn't something I'd recommend. There is also a way to use the Plainfield exit and county roads - if anyone wants, I can provide directions.
  • IN-37 Construction closure - if anyone is coming up I-69/IN-37 from southwest Indiana, IN-37 is closed at Martinsville. This is part of the state's project to extend I-69 all the way to Indianapolis (currently ends at Martinsville). The detour will route you onto IN-39 (through part of Martinsville) to IN-67 which is a 4-lane state highway and will take you all the way to Ameriplex Parkway which the road to the hotel, so actually better than taking IN-37 all the way to I-465.

Last edited by Retlaw; July 16th, 2021 at 06:27 PM. Reason: correct I-70 construction
Old July 16th, 2021, 07:19 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon - Indy road work

This great, thank you for posting!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 17th, 2021, 08:05 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: ScapeCon - Indy road work

Very helpful Walt -- thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon