Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:38 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Justice League Design Discussion

I guess I looked at it as follows:

Before drafting, you simply grab the Justice League Team Card. With said card, you could refer to a book that contains all of the members of said team, what power they offer, and their adjusted cost. The book could be added to over time, as more units are added to it, and the point value for each power is worked out. So perhaps it initially releases with the original 7 members. Then over time, it could be expanded in whatever amounts are agreed upon.

Initial release:

Team Card: Justice League
Batman, 20 points:
Superman, 40 points:
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Hawkman

In time, say someone wants to add Zatanna and Green Arrow, they simply need to come up with the power each would offer, the cost amount, and then add them to the list. So when you draft the card, you refer to said list, which will have it's own Book on here, and a printable sheet.

That's how I envisioned it. Now, doing them in waves of 3-5, each wave on it's own card, isn't a bad way to go either. You could fit the actual powers on it with that approach. Whatever sounds more mechanically sound.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

So the team card adds little boosts to each character?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:44 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
The Team Card would essentially give each character a new power, thematic to the character, that would be designed to boost the team.

Taking one of Bats's examples:

When drafting from the team card, if you draft Cyborg for an additional 20 points, you gain the ability to place a Glyph of Boom Tube in your start zone at the start of the game.

That's just an example of what it could be.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Well at least you made sure to understand what we're talking about before registering your dislike. (All sarcasm intended).

I think the great thing about the team card idea is that we don't really have to settle on one version of the Justice League we're trying to represent at all. We just have to look at each individual character we want to represent and ask: how did they act on the team? What would they add to the team? And go from there.

I think that the game should be completely playable without having to reference a computer (FAQs are what they are and are unavoidable, but this is a horse of a different color). Any team card should be a final product when it's released, and any additional releases should be different team cards, even if they're just an extension of the first one like in the example I gave above (i.e. a Justice League team card that gives powers for Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, and GL, and a second Justice League team card released later that gives powers for Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Aquaman). The cards would exist for reference. It's the powers off of the cards, with individual point costs, that you'd actually be drafting.

How many powers we put on each card would be a logistical concern, based on how long we wanted to wait to release each, and how much text we wanted to put in each power (I think simpler powers is the way to go here, personally, as shown in my examples), and how many powers could fit on each card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I'm sold on this direction at this point, but before we get too far ahead of ourselves, I think it behooves us to ask the Heroes what they think. Is this something they like and are on board with? Or is this something we have to sell them on? Especially @johnny139 It's definitely different than the Avengers! It's definitely its own unique thing. What do you think?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'd just make them Defenders. It sounds better than Justice Leaguer
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:03 PM

Simple powers is exactly what I'd like. I'd also prefer non-stat boosting powers. I like the idea of purely support driven powers, based on the individual members in play. The less encouraging of drafting purely Superman in order to get a +1 to defense, and the more encouraging to get 2-3 characters because they happen to work really well together given each other's bonuses.

Which begs the question, do we limit it to only being able to draft from the team cards, or is one able to draft Justice League Superman, and put him in an Avenger army? Say the stat boost is still there, I don't like the idea of someone purely drafting a hero off the Justice League Team Card, just for their power to supplement another established synergy, potentially causing some broken messes.

On the flip side, we know people don't want it limited to exclude the figures out of the Justice League...so that's something we need to figure out.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:03 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Personally, I'd rather see a generic team card rather than calling out each Hero by name.

But I'm just an ex-hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Personally, I'd rather see a generic team card rather than calling out each Hero by name.

But I'm just an ex-hero.
Please elaborate with an example. I'm curious.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't like the team card based on the premise that, if such a concept exists on the table, there's really no justification for doing one for every team. A "team card" is too big a concept for one team if you ask me. That leaves the JL in a lurch eventually.

The basic premise behind it, though - just specifically calling out Leaguers and giving a bonus for drafting them. I think it's cool and definitely "WOW!" enough if we can get it to work - hitching it to a Glyph or DO or what have you seems like a cool approach.

I also like Yodaking's approach a lot, though. Let me riff on that a bit. Imagine a Superman that leads Champions, a Batman that leads Vigilantes, a Wonder Woman that leads Warriors, a Hal Jordan that leads Officers. Give them all "[CLASS] LEAGUE" special powers - you can have only have one of these powers active per round, each one providing different bonuses to their groups.

Honestly, these are cool enough concepts on their own right - a Batman that's head of the Bat Family, a Hal that leads the GL Corps. But then toss in a Martian Manhunter and/or Cyborg with "LEAGUE ADMINISTRATOR" power where, by jumping through some hoops, you can activate all of these powers and create some sort of flexibility between them. Uniting multiple factions under a single banner.

Here's a rough draft:

CHAMPION LEAGUE
At the start of the round, you may choose a Unique Hero to be League Chair. There can only be one League Chair per army. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Superman, if he is League Chair, you may take a turn with any other Champion you control. During this turn, [Champions get a bonus.]

VIGILANTE LEAGUE
"..." During this turn, [Vigilantes get a bonus.]

WARRIOR LEAGUE
"..." During this turn, [Warriors get a bonus.]

LEAGUE ADMINISTRATOR
Before revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control, you may make that figure your League Chair. After taking a turn with the League Chair, you may move an Order Markers from that figure to any other Unique Hero you control.

I'm not sure if that's necessarily as "WOW!" but I think it'd be an interesting way to create a huge, cohesive faction. It'd lose a lot of its punch with smaller-scale games, though, and would require a lot of 2.0 and 3.0 designs. If no one else is interested, I'd be glad to press forward with some iteration of the "Team Card" concept of specific named call-outs.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:13 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

But I'm just an ex-hero.
Please elaborate with an example. I'm curious.
GENERIC TEAM CARD POWER #1
You may place order markers on this card. When revealing an order marker on this card, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero you control as if the order marker was revealed on their card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Let me riff on that a bit. Imagine a Superman that leads Champions, a Batman that leads Vigilantes, a Wonder Woman that leads Warriors, a Hal Jordan that leads Officers. Give them all "[CLASS] LEAGUE" special powers - you can have only have one of these powers active per round, each one providing different bonuses to their groups.
The only issue I have with this, is that I'm not entirely sure how it synergizes the Justice League together as a whole, rather it makes those respective people lead their own individual respective armies. That's certainly cool, and I liked this back when Yoda and I tried making it work 3 weeks ago, but I was under the impression we wanted a way to bring the actual members together for a more cohesive synergy.

Also, as is, when taking the Class/Personality restricted route, you leave out a lot of Justice League characters.

There's gotta be some sort of middle ground between all of this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy