Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old July 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Been reading this thread off and on for a while and read through the whole thing tonight.

One question I haven't seen yet that has been bugging me: do you have an idea on pricing yet?
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCU Master 2007 View Post
Been reading this thread off and on for a while and read through the whole thing tonight.

One question I haven't seen yet that has been bugging me: do you have an idea on pricing yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
The Starter Sets will retail for $24.95. That gets you everything you need to play. Including a mat, dice, wound markers, rulebook and two complete faction decks. After that new faction decks and reinforcement packs will run about 8-10 bucks. I don't have an exact figure on that yet.

In the game you play the role of a Summoner. The Summoners are very powerful mages and they summon warriors and other creatures to battle as well as cast spells that effect the game in a variety of ways. Each faction has a specialty and plays with a different style of tactics. The goal of the game is to destroy your opponent's summoner card while keeping yours alive. You'll have units running about the field fighting each other as you try to accomplish this and you'll be continually summoning in more units via your deck.

The game is simple and straight forward takes very very little setup time and plays out on average around 30-50 minutes. Despite its ease to learn it is steeped in strategy.

And when this thing starts expanding, watch out, I'm going to be throwing all kinds of cool factions at you.

From this thread. You're welcome, my brother.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Ahh...I thought there was another thread where this was discussion was happening but I didn't know where.

Thanks
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Well I have an unfortunate update. I won't have a booth at GenCon. The manufacturer screwed up some of the cards so that killed me for a GenCon booth. I will have the prototype there and I'll be around to the Heroscape tournies to demo it for interested people. I'll also have a notepad to take down email addresses of anyone that demos it and wants to be sent an email when it becomes available for sale. I'll be dropping a line here also when it becomes available for sale, but if anyone would like an email as well you can PM me and I'll put you on the list.
Sorry to hear that man. A launch at GC would be a really good start.

If I have time and your not busy I'll try out a demo at GenCon. I'm very interested in it so an email sounds good and I will make sure to send a PM after GenCon if I don't make it to a demo.

Best of luck towards it in the future, as well as your new company! Because the games you'll make will probably have some similarities to Heroscape and won't be a blind purchase , you'll probably see me a fan of other games by Plaid Hat Games.
Old August 9th, 2009, 01:01 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Well I have an unfortunate update. I won't have a booth at GenCon. The manufacturer screwed up some of the cards so that killed me for a GenCon booth. I will have the prototype there and I'll be around to the Heroscape tournies to demo it for interested people.
Awww... I was looking forward to buying this at GenCon. So you won't have any copies to sell at all? Not even the unauthorized, under-the-table type???

Hopefully I'll see you in the heroscape hall and get to demo it. When are you planning to be there? Any specific times?

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
Quote:
Well I have an unfortunate update. I won't have a booth at GenCon. The manufacturer screwed up some of the cards so that killed me for a GenCon booth. I will have the prototype there and I'll be around to the Heroscape tournies to demo it for interested people.
Awww... I was looking forward to buying this at GenCon. So you won't have any copies to sell at all? Not even the unauthorized, under-the-table type???

Hopefully I'll see you in the heroscape hall and get to demo it. When are you planning to be there? Any specific times?
I don't have any specific times planned yet but I'll be treating it as a sort of home base like many of us did last year. If you don't see me around and want a demo you could ask someone like R˙chean or Grungebob or LilNewbie or TheGuru to give me a call and I'd likely be able to swing down there for a demo.
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:43 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's some pictures of Truth's new game.

I took so many photos in hopes of getting Truth's good side.....but then I realized they are all good sides.

I didn't get real close up's of the cards because I wasn't sure Truth would be happy with that or not.

The game looks neat, but I'm not sure how much I can tell you about it without asking Truth's permission. I'm sure he'd be better at explaining anyways.

The only thing that I was dissapointed at was that I didn't get in on a game with Truth.

I will be there tomorrow though.........

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

It's awesome to see Craig sitting across the table from you playing your "baby" Truth and apparently enjoying it immensley.

The circle is complete.
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Here's some pictures of Truth's new game.

I took so many photos in hopes of getting Truth's good side.....but then I realized they are all good sides.

I didn't get real close up's of the cards because I wasn't sure Truth would be happy with that or not.

The game looks neat, but I'm not sure how much I can tell you about it without asking Truth's permission. I'm sure he'd be better at explaining anyways.

The only thing that I was dissapointed at was that I didn't get in on a game with Truth.

I will be there tomorrow though.........
Greyelephant! If you want to demo the game, we can make it happen I'm sure. Thanks for taking these great pics. Folks may not realize that while we are running these events, we also have side interests that deserve our attention as well.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:48 AM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

This game still looks fantastic. I like how the guy in the background of the fourth pic isn't actually playing 'Scape, but watching Craig and Colby playing Summoner Wars (although perhaps his game was over as evidenced by the lack of figures on the battlefield).

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:58 AM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

Nice pictures, Greyelephant. I can't see the cards very well, but from what I can see they look really nice (and perhaps tasty. I hope they're edible).
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart

Colby -

Great to see you playing this with CVN... I hope that is a good omen, because he looks to be having a blast.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games