Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old February 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM

Zombie Bait *glass shatters*
Disciple of the Creed

Disciple of the Creed

The time is 1191 A.D. The time of the Templar rule in our country. They walk the streets and guard our targets. They make things difficult for my brothers and me to do our work in secret. Every assassination could go wrong, with the knowledge of one templar, following our every step.
My name is Hendiar Ibn La-Ahad (Which means “Son of no one.”) My story is close to ones of the other assassin’s. Abandoned, mistreated, alone. A main quality in all of our pasts. I grew to be a great man in Masyaf, the city the assassin’s call home. Here, we train and practice to fend off any unwanted guards or attention. My brethren and I have greatly succeeded in this act, especially Altair.
He is an assassin like no other. He is a symbol of greatness to my brothers and me. He often breaks the Creed unwillingly and manages to avoid the death sentence. It is a rare occasion we meet him in the streets, but if we do, it’s like meeting a humble king. His executions, perfect. His fighting skills, flawless. His athletics, remarkable. Of course we can climb and fight to, but there is something about him that allows him to do everything better than us.
I soon found myself at the main gate to Acre, the templar’s base city. Their forretress is located deep within the city’s walls and streets. There where guards everywhere, wearing the black tunic with the white cross. I pulled my white hood closer around my eyes and walked over to a group of monks, whom where whispering quietly outside the city’s walls. I nodded to them as I stepped between the four of them. They bowed their heads, clapped their hands together, and started toward the city. I did the same. We neared the gate and the guard’s stepped out of the way to let us pass. It’s illegal for any guard, or any person for that matter, to hurt a monk. They all wore the white robes and hoods, so did we.
There’s a few differences that could point us out from a group of monks, but civilians never seem to notice. For one, we wear thick brown belts and a red cloth tied around them. The cloth hangs lower than out knees. Also, the sword hanging from our waist’s. There is also the miniature throwing knives strapped onto our backs, kept in a brown, leather holder. We also carry a smaller, secondary blade to fend off multiple foes, if necessary. Last, but most certainly not least, was our precious hidden blades.
On our brown, armored gauntlets, concealed in the upper wrist protector, was our hidden blades. In the blink of an eye, we can draw them out with a click, draw it into our targets, and get away faster than a public assassination. Of course people would notice, but we would either be on the rooftops, another street, or blended into the crowd by the time a guard notices the fallen man. It is our main weapon of execution. The way the blade reaches out, we have only one thing to worry about, cutting off our left ring finger. For if the blade was to be used without the severing of this finger, it would be a more painful way to lose a finger than a solid cut. I don’t think anyone would want to go through that.
As the last guard moved out of our way, I made my way out of the monk’s group.
“Thank you my friends.” They only nodded as we parted ways in the poor district of Acre.
There where hundreds of people in each of our main city’s. Some where beggars, some where harassers. There was only three sets of people we can really trust. The Creed brothers, the harassment victims, and their friends. You see, when you come a cross a group of guard’s, they are never pleasant. The worst, is when they are torturing and picking on innocent civilians for “unknown” debts and crimes. If we choose to help, we get two things out of it. The gratitude of the victim, and they’re friends. There are small groups of people located throughout each city. They are big and mean, and stronger than some guard’s. If I’m on the run and pass these men, they will hold my pursuers back while I make an escape.
I walked through an overcrowded section of Acre’s poor district. I gently pushed past anyone who was in my way. There where merchants and preachers everywhere through the city. I can use the merchant stands as an advantage. If I make the right moves, I can easily slide through and out of a merchant’s stand. The only use we have for the preachers, is information. They aren’t church preachers but usually end up being messengers from our targets.
I finally made my way out of the crowded alley and approached a huge, open part of the district. There was a stage in the corner of one building, on it, was a preacher and two guards. He was shouting something, but I couldn’t catch any of it from the yelling and talking crowd. I looked around the city’s stone walls and found a small ladder reaching up the side of the wall. I slid my way through the crowd like a snake and grasped the ladder. I quickly jumped up the stairs and landed on the stone surface. I looked up again and scaled the wall to a higher elevation.
As I pulled myself up, I was being shouted at. From the crowd.
“Hey! What are you doing?”
“He’s going to hurt himself. I won’t help him.” I only shook my head and looked over the artificial horizon. There was a tower located a few yards, maybe a mile away. I looked around again and neared the edge of the building and took a deep breath. I took a few steps back, loosened my legs and arms, and then ran for the edge. I soared through the air, grabbing onto a vertical pole and swung up onto a skinny ceiling, keeping my balance. I then scaled the next wall next to me. As I finally got level footing on the rooftop, I was able to see farther along the city. The tower was closer as I looked to the streets. There weren’t as many people as it was behind me, and there was a haystack perched right next to the building. I took another deep breath and perched myself on the edge of the building. It was a long forty foot drop into the stack.
I looked to the sky and then, jumped into the air, soaring like an eagle. A few seconds into the air, I was able to notice other assassin’s scaling walls and jumping rooftops. But why? I never received any news of backup or reinforcements. I returned to my Leap of Faith and flipped over, slamming into the hay. I got up from the soft landing and pushed my way out of the stack. A few guards were near, but never noticed me. I looked again to the assassin’s jumping and climbing on the rooftops. I took a few steps and was jerked to the ground. A man wrapped in white and tan cloth had pinned me to the ground.
“Augh! Get off of me!” He only laughed.
“Ha ha he. Hendiar, don’t worry.” He got up and lifted his hand off my shoulder. He rummaged around in his pack and pulled out some black garments. He tossed them at me as he started his explanation, after he led me over to a dark corner. I folded them out and looked around, then back to him.
“What’s going on Gundier?” He only shook his head.
“Disguise my friend. Assassin’s have been dispatched all over the city to try and hunt you down.”
“Why! What’s happened?” My voice was raised.
“Keep your voice down! I’m not sure why they are after you, but I know they want you dead.”

Old February 1st, 2009, 11:00 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Disciple of the Creed

Cooleo. Keep'em comin'!!!!!

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM

I was still confused why I was a target as I pulled over the black robes. Gundier kept watch as two assassins walked by us on the streets. I pushed him once they were gone.
"Tell me, now."
"Alright, alright. They believe, you broke the Creed one to many times Hendiar."
"What?" I was grasping him by his shirt collar, pinning him to a building.
"I-I'm not sure, its all I heard. I suggest you stay low in the cities for a while until they give up, then you can get into Masyaf no problem." I let him go and started towards the streets.
"What about my targets? Should I still worry about them?" He was rumaging around in his pack as he brought out a scroll. He tossed it to me.
"Thats your hitlst Hendiar. Commence with it if you must, but do be careful." I unseathed it and read over the names. Apparently, I was already halfway done.
"I was going to gain a promotion for this last list. Oh well. I can always use the practice." I folded it up and put it in my small bag at my waist. I turned around and Gundier was gone, before I could thank him for his warning.
I took the list out again and scanned over my next target. Julio Fend. A female captian of the templar knights. I have word that she's somewere here in Acre. I looked around the rooftops and streets, and noticed two templar guards deep in conversation. I made my way to a bench in the sunlight and sat down. I sharpened my hearing, in order to catch what they were saying.
"Any more orders from her yet?"
"No, she wants us to gaurd this section of the city."
"Augh, theres nothing going on around here. Its boring."
"I have to agree with you there. At least we don't have much longer here. We report to her soon at the foretress." I released the tension on my hearing as the two gaurds walked past me. I got up from the chair and followed from a distance. The crowd was getting larger for some reason. I was being pushed and trampled on to stay with them. I heard a gaurd yelling at a civilian. I turned from the gaurds to the wave, then bowed my head. I continued to push through unitl I was out of the mob. I turned to a ladder that was next to the wall. I jogged up and climbed it to the top of the building, still keeping the gaurds in sight. I was running and jumping across the rooftops as people, again scowled at me. I managed to reach the end of the buidling, which led out to an open market plaza.
At least five more minutes of following, and I found the templar gaurd foretress. I stood outside the gate as they moved in. I walked up to them, but was only pushed away.
"You can' com' in 'ere!"
"Yeah', beat it!" I returned to the other side of the entrance and sat in thought. A group of monks were making their way towards me, but I could also scale the wall. I chose option B, it would be more efficient.

Old February 4th, 2009, 11:00 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm....... very interesting. I can see where this is going..... I think.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:36 PM

Is it just me, or are you the only one who cares about my stories? Seriously.

Old February 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I read them, but didn't post. Don't forget, there are a few lurkers that read this.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM

Alright. I've printed this story out for my English teacher to read. I may found out what she thinks about it. And, I'll start on the next part.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction