Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Raleigh, NC - Triangle Throwdown: The Returnening

Glyphs are a part of the game. If there were no glyphs, I would have to rethink my army.

Old July 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
Glyphs are a part of the game. If there were no glyphs, I would have to rethink my army.
As defending champion you should take it as your handicap.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old July 29th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

One of the great things about Heroscape is no matter what little thing you change or alter seems to drastically change the strategy of each player. I personally think that glyphs are great especially when placed in locations on a large map that you would like to draw some attention to. On the other hand because I have never played in a tournament I would like to get a better feel for where I place in the competition with out the help or harm of a force that does not truly reflect the effectiveness of my army or my skills like the Mitton Soul glyph () which leans heavily on luck. Obviously luck is a major part of Scape but I was hoping for a more pure or raw style of combat between all contenders. That is just my thought, in the end though no matter what decision is made I plan on doing my best and having tons of fun dueling it out with some great Scapers .
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:19 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
One of the great things about Heroscape is no matter what little thing you change or alter seems to drastically change the strategy of each player. I personally think that glyphs are great especially when placed in locations on a large map that you would like to draw some attention to. On the other hand because I have never played in a tournament I would like to get a better feel for where I place in the competition with out the help or harm of a force that does not truly reflect the effectiveness of my army or my skills like the Mitton Soul glyph () which leans heavily on luck. Obviously luck is a major part of Scape but I was hoping for a more pure or raw style of combat between all contenders. That is just my thought, in the end though no matter what decision is made I plan on doing my best and having tons of fun dueling it out with some great Scapers .
The glyph pool last time featured only stat-changing glyphs, in so far as I know. Embattled Fen has the wound glyph, as I recall, but I'm not aware that Mittonsoul, for instance, is ever going to be making an appearance. Anyway feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing that luck-dependent will be rearing it's head.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
The glyph pool last time featured only stat-changing glyphs, in so far as I know. Embattled Fen has the wound glyph, as I recall, but I'm not aware that Mittonsoul, for instance, is ever going to be making an appearance. Anyway feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing that luck-dependent will be rearing it's head.
I think Table of the Giants had non-stat glyphs. You should remember that Darkblade.

Old July 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Wargamer56 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hi All
I will be in the area and would like to be in the tournament. Please reagester me for the tournament
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer56 View Post
Hi All
I will be in the area and would like to be in the tournament. Please reagester me for the tournament
Welcome Wargamer56! It seems like every day our community is growing and that is Kaemon AWAsome! Make sure you check out the front page for details. Registration is pretty much giving Granite-M a heads up and then bringing your $8.00 entry fee on tourney day. I couldn't help but notice that your location is USA-Pa, are you sure you are going to be able make it down here? If you have moved down here however, (NORTH CAROLINA) make sure you visit our community thread and request that Hogg adds you to the front page. Even if you just accidentally found NC, welcome anyways to HeroScapers.com!
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:56 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Wargamer56 is my dad. He's coming down from PA to travel with me and Boozehammer to the tourney. My dad quit his job and my parents are in the process of looking for a new area to move to and a new job. So this is one way he gets to see the area (and check out the gaming scene ). All in one "quick" trip.

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old July 29th, 2008, 09:28 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

hey granite have you checked AT's times for the summer? they dont open till 12, or have you talked to billy and hes gonna open early?

Old July 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altron_ZERO View Post
hey granite have you checked AT's times for the summer? they dont open till 12, or have you talked to billy and hes gonna open early?
Billy will be opening early on Saturday, just for us. W00t, special dispensations!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old July 30th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Forums Good I Has

Just 3 more days.........

Old July 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm so excited I have magnets on my ears!!!
That is excited I am!!!

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...

Last edited by JoutnFAN77; July 30th, 2008 at 07:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events