Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Hexscape 3D Heroscape (new thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Is a 3d scanner required or are there other means to generate a 3d scan?
All you need is a camera.

Basic Instructions for Capturing an Image
1) Place the figure on a flat table with some sort of background underneath (a map, or a picture, or newspaper print). You don't want something with colors that match the figure--you want the figure to stand out clearly. Sometimes I'll try two or three different backgrounds to see which produces the best scan. I have a bluish map of Valhalla and a brown map of Valhalla that I normally use.

2) Set up diffuse bright lighting around the figure. Shiny spots on the figure mess up the rendering. Shadows on the figure mess up the rendering.

3) Set the aperture of the camera to the deepest depth of field (I used f/22)

4) Set the focus to a fixed value

5) Take about 50 pictures as you move around the figure 360 degrees, keeping the figure in the center and focused. You can use two or three different heights, but I usually use a single height. You can keep the camera fixed and rotate the figure instead, but you must rotate the background as well. Do not take more than 50 photos because the free version of 3DF Zephyr only accepts 50.

6) Upload the pictures and provide a link. If want you want process the scan yourself, download 3DF Zephyr free version and import your pictures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software