Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:45 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart
Re: Xbox 360

The RROD isn't the only problem that can happen. I'm in the miserable spot of having a system that randomly locks up playing games, sometimes scratches discs, but has no red rings. I can't use my 360 and they won't repair it unless I blow $100+ to get it fixed.

Most peeps who send in their 360 for service get a different box, a refurbished one, sometimes those RROD as well. I don't have a lot of faith in the 360's hardware. Unfortunately it has a lot of good games that don't exist on other systems and it's still cheaper than the PS3.

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a standard, and love it, I do love the look of the elite, But I am happy with anything that can play halo 3.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 08:47 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I had the RROD, called the company, they sent me a box with shipping label. I put the tower in the box, sealed it, and 4 days later had a new Xbox on my step. No problems since. I couldn't ask for better service.
I had a very similar experience. My turnaround time was a total of six days. Didn't cost me but about 15 minutes of my time, and I also am extremely happy with the service.

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I had the RROD, called the company, they sent me a box with shipping label. I put the tower in the box, sealed it, and 4 days later had a new Xbox on my step. No problems since. I couldn't ask for better service.
Ditto...except I got mine back in six days.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old October 5th, 2008, 08:57 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmaster384 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl with a k View Post
The regular one is just fine, you don't need the extra space of elite. The ring of death used to come in every 1 out of 3. It has been changed and if it does break you should get it back in a month but have fun with the guy from India on the phones.

I hoep you don't waste your money on the elite .
That is a matter of opinion. I will admit that you may not need/want the space, but if you think you will ever use that much you should just get a bigger one now. So if you are going to download demos, XBLA games, DLC, etc or put a decent amount of music/video on the system, you are better off with the elite. Otherwise just get the pro 60GB system. Hope I was helpful.
(Fixed)

I get what you are saying but really is it worth the money? When you download videos and everything how long are you really going to keep them? You can just download it, watch it, then delete it, and if you want it again just go back to the marketplace and since you have downloaded it you can just download it again and you don't have to pay points. This goes for XBLA games too as well as demos. Once you finish the demo and probably get the game you don't need the demo and if you don't like the game then you don't keep the demo. And by regular one I mean pro because the arcade version is useless.

Hope this helps.

Old October 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgarsrage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King's Knight View Post
I bought my brother a 360 for his BD last december, and about two months ago he got the RRoD. He had to ship it himself (which cost $20+) and it took almost 4 months for it to be returned... Maybe they're better, but for the $20 it might be worthwhile to get the gamestop warranty (if that's where you're buying it...)
For the love of all that's Holy, DO NOT get the Gamestop warranty. Go with the Microsoft Warranty. It costs $60, but well worth it. Both mine and my wifes 360 both broke after 18 months of use or so. I was shipped a refurbished model, the wife got a brand spanking new one (cables and controller included) It only took a week or so to receive them after we shipped them, out. We we're alos given an extra month of Xbox Live.

The Gamestop Warranty is sold by GS, but it's not honered by them. It's outscorced to a different company. Who basically ships out the refurb's at thier own liesure.
I did not know that about the GS warranties. I'd had a good experience with the warranty for my PS2 that was sold by Electronics Boutique about five years ago. So I'd assumed theirs would be the same...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games