Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart
From Day One, were you there?

As a newbie to this game, I am curious to know what people thought of Heroscape when it was introduced to the market.

Did you think this game would succeed, as well as it has?
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: From Day One, were you there?

Oh, this is a great question. I would have never thought of it. + Rep for you, good sir.
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was taking orders for JCP catalog around Christmas 2004 and saw it in the catalog. It made an impression 'cause I've kept tabs on it and then, 3 years later I started collecting...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; May 26th, 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Becuz I felt like it, SUCKAH!!
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I got Heroscape when it first came out, for Christmas. I didn't really play it (maybe once or twice) until I took it out of my closet and found out what an amazing game it was. My dad and I played it for all that rainy, and then noticed there were expansions (about the time when wave 2 was out). I got super pumped and started liking it. I really did think it was going to be huge, like Magic. Then a got out of it after wave 3, but still was a big fan of it. Then in 2006 I found this site by searching wave 6 cards (when I got back into it) and then joined in April 2007. From then until now I've been incredibly into it and have collected many sets and have gone to a couple of big events. And that's my story.
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:07 PM

obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker obsidianguard knows what's in an order marker

I was not, but my brother was. He has the sparkly water to proove it! I played against him a couple of times, but it was the basic game. It was fun, but I really didn't get into it until two years ago, with wave 5. Since then, I've been addicted. I wish I had realized the value of the Master Game early on, but better late than never.

Back from the dead
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:17 PM

knightdog15 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Wink Re: From Day One, were you there?

I've been with Heroscape since Day 1. The reason I got into it was that I was actually in the early stages of creating a miniature wargame I had come up with about aliens versus humans. My game had, what I thought, was a very interesting defining concept.... customizable battlefields!
One day, I was watching tv and I saw the first Heroscape commercial. My jaw was open through the whole commercial. They had stolen my idea!

After getting over the fact that someone had beat me to the idea, I figured, "If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!"
I got my hands on the game as soon as it came out.

I've come to the conclusion that Heroscape is better than any game I could have made!

So, in short, yes I thought it would be a success, mainly due to the customizable battlefield concept.

Matt the Knightdog
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since day 1, Stupid Marketers!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I was posting and creating expansion material for HeroScape on heroscape.net a couple months before I finally found the game on store shelves (October 2004), been hangin' around giving everyone grief ever since!

Considering I came from a HeroQuest background and the initial design of HeroScape was created by Stephen Baker, the creator of HeroQuest. I knew HeroScape had the simplicity to keep it grounded and with the limitless homebrew capabilites needed to stick around. I still feel HeroScape will have the same longevity as HeroQuest. There are numerous active HeroQuest websites out there - I have two myself - for a game that went out of print 17 years ago and the homebrew stuff keeps on coming with regularity!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:40 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart

One day I went to my friends house and he pulled out a game and forced me to play. ( Thank you) We did like a 400 point game and all I remember was I that he had dw9000. We played a custom rule of generals. Before you start you pick one figure to be your general. If he dies you lose. We also played a bridge rule. He used 2 double hex tiles and if the figure falls he dies. He so stupidly put his general (dw8000) on the bridge and I shook the board. But that was in the past. I bugged my mom to get me the game for christmas, and tons of expansion sets. She bought me the master set, and swog/knights. Oh well, better than nothing. I put it in a box for three years and one day got it out, and realised it was really fun. I went to the store bought orms return, and templar calvary. After birthdays and christmas... walla here I am. Addicted, and proud!

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:54 PM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation

I first played it at Comic-Con BEFORE THE GAME WAS PUT ON THE MARKET!!! Huzzah! It pleased me dearly and I got it very shortly after it game out... First played a 200 point army of Marro Warriors (I thought they were skeletons at that time), Ne-Gok-Sa, and the Izumi Samurai... Fun times!

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:05 AM

Gold Dragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up Re: From Day One, were you there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaryan View Post
As a newbie to this game, I am curious to know what people thought of Heroscape when it was introduced to the market.

Did you think this game would succeed, as well as it has?
I was playing mageknight at the time and loved HS.
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:30 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

When was day 1 exactly?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion